FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

At&t Note / T-mobile 3g/4g fix Found- pledged donors step up[$455 Paid, $235 Left]

1,926 posts
Thanks Meter: 177

By itsjusttim, Senior Member on 21st February 2012, 02:48 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th March 2012, 01:19 AM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarksneeze

If you're interested, I did manage to flash the KJ3 radio and pull a logcat of the whole thing, all the way up to the crash. I've attached the log to the Bounty thread response here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23477700&postcount=96

Thanks to everyone who helped me brainstorm my issues with Odin and adb

whitehawx may be able to make use of that logcat. hope he sees this

11th March 2012, 03:08 AM |#292  
Flag Jonesboro, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 236

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8

guys flashing adifferent modem on our phone is different then on any devices before as explained here .

Dev Whitehawkx asked for this logcat. We already knew about the issues of flashing the different modems, but he wanted to see it anyway.

Quote:

Also as said in the saurom thread, many users have had issues with phone freezing when flashing the rogers modem on there att device , some experience no sound cold reboot or just extreme lag .. others as said / proven by DA_G here flashing rogers modem on the att works jsut fine , so why the mixed results ? and that is on a WORKING i717 NOTE modem . Now we can try and make modem from other device work on our i717 phone , but until we figure out why some att user can flash non att modem on there phone and others cant , a true solution is yet to be found .

I'm one of the ones with the AT&T-only modem. Any other modem gives me strange issues, all of which are dealt with in the dev thread.

Quote:

FYI that logact says nothign and the other logcat i have looked at trying to solve the Rogers modem issue weretn of any help either .

I am not saying to give your hopes up but I am saying we stillhave much to learn about our own device ....

Thanks for that feedback. I'm no expert, but other than the "Is the CPU pegged" message, I could see nothing. I was going to retest with full lines instead of 10, but I wanted to see what Whitehawkz had to say first.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozodouce

most people here don't care because the have AT&T

I'm not sure of the spirit of your message, so I'll assume you mean to say that there is little interest in porting this over.

Perhaps this is true, however there are several reasons I prefer T-Mobile over AT&T, even with their 4G LTE advantage. First and foremost, my T-Mobile account has unlimited data (with slow caps).

Directly comparing my AT&T plan to the T-Mobile plan, I find that I am paying $163 per month for something that I was previously playing $100 a month for. To me, that is a pretty big deal and I'm really concerned with getting this phone moved over.

However, even with what I know now, I would still have bought this phone, even with the AT&T handcuffs.
11th March 2012, 03:46 AM |#293  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 121

Donate to Me
More
I'm on AT&T but have many friends on T-Mobile that would LOVE this to happen. Throw me in for $20 and I will see what they want to contribute.
11th March 2012, 06:41 AM |#294  
Flag North Jersey
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Quote:

Dev Whitehawkx asked for this logcat. We already knew about the issues of flashing the different modems, but he wanted to see it anyway.

I'm one of the ones with the AT&T-only modem. Any other modem gives me strange issues, all of which are dealt with in the dev thread.

Thanks for that feedback. I'm no expert, but other than the "Is the CPU pegged" message, I could see nothing. I was going to retest with full lines instead of 10, but I wanted to see what Whitehawkz had to say first.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I'm not sure of the spirit of your message, so I'll assume you mean to say that there is little interest in porting this over.

Perhaps this is true, however there are several reasons I prefer T-Mobile over AT&T, even with their 4G LTE advantage. First and foremost, my T-Mobile account has unlimited data (with slow caps).

Directly comparing my AT&T plan to the T-Mobile plan, I find that I am paying $163 per month for something that I was previously playing $100 a month for. To me, that is a pretty big deal and I'm really concerned with getting this phone moved over.

However, even with what I know now, I would still have bought this phone, even with the AT&T handcuffs.

I'm really hoping this is a reality. I am out of contract, and would like to move over to t-mo's prepaid 4g plan- $30 for 100 min, unl texts, and unl data.(4g up to 5gb)- don't want to deal with edge speeds.
11th March 2012, 07:00 AM |#295  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

yeah man maybe you miss understood me that's what I meant to say there is very little interest in porting this over. I'm just like you i prefer t mobile over at&t. I got the t mobile 30 dollars plan 100 minutes unlimited text and web at 5 gigabyte full speed 4G. now you know I love t mobile,I could not get that from at&t in a billion years hahahahahahaha.

sent from my AT&T UNLOCK SAMSUNG -SGH -i717 using T-MOBILE. xda premium
11th March 2012, 07:25 AM |#296  
Flag North Jersey
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozodouce

yeah man maybe you miss understood me that's what I meant to say there is very little interest in porting this over. I'm just like you i prefer t mobile over at&t. I got the t mobile 30 dollars plan 100 minutes unlimited text and web at 5 gigabyte full speed 4G. now you know I love t mobile,I could not get that from at&t in a billion years hahahahahahaha.

sent from my AT&T UNLOCK SAMSUNG -SGH -i717 using T-MOBILE. xda premium

Are you running the note on t-mo?? If so, how is it dealing with the edge speeds?? I very rarely use data- I'm always under 300 mb every month- but like the cushion in case I need to tether, which is once in a blue moon. And tethering on edge does not seem doable.
11th March 2012, 07:43 AM |#297  
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 3

More
EDGE on the Note is pretty slow. If you are just checking email its fine, but tethering a laptop would be frustrating. I got the Sonic tmobile hotspot to carry around for 4G data. Its fast, but it sux to have another device to lug around. Im thinking of going back to edge and crossing my fingers for this to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guyinthebushes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guyinthebushes Ad-Free
11th March 2012, 08:04 PM |#298  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
put me in
I'm on the way to buy a galaxy Note.
I have a SGH-T989 with T-mobile.

add $25 for at least 3G.
I will be happy with $50 if somebody get HSPA+ on T-mobile with galaxy note.
11th March 2012, 08:18 PM |#299  
Flag Jonesboro, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 236

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javqui

I'm on the way to buy a 727 Note.

add $25 for at least 3G.

Did you mean the i717?
12th March 2012, 04:31 AM |#300  
Flag peculiar, mo
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javqui

I'm on the way to buy a galaxy Note.

add $25 for at least 3G.

cant wait on the devs for this one, if the skyrocket can do it, why not the note, and honestly i would by a note if hspa+ works with tmo
12th March 2012, 05:13 AM |#301  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2688

cant wait on the devs for this one, if the skyrocket can do it, why not the note, and honestly i would by a note if hspa+ works with tmo

might as well buy it, it will work.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread