FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

4,195 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,536

By civato, Recognized Contributor on 25th February 2012, 10:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2012, 07:11 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there an app or any other way to check if my memory OC's???

Thanx

12th March 2012, 07:20 PM |#1002  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
R10
Ok , good news and bad , like it seems 0.019.00 based roms give better camera but you lose big time on I/O score in Quadrant benchmark.

So I build a new rom from scratch but based on 0.014.00 like the R6 and where my best score with R9 with tweaked kernel was 2001 total score I got on R10 2469 total score. First run right after first installation boot .

So R10 will be 0.014.00 based but I will leave R9 available for the people that want the better camera.

Se as R10 will be the speed daemon............... will be continued , and I tought it would be final

EDIT

Second run on R10 : Quadrant : 2573

And yes titanium backup works on R10 .
12th March 2012, 07:27 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

That seems to be the case , , looking into it , I think the changes they made in 0.019 kernel is giving better camera but not so good I/O scores , cpu and 3 d are the same.

Yesterday (R8b1) I took some photos and every photo was blurred and bad quality.
Now it's very different..

I've even tried Quadrant bench, the final score is 1994 (with 2D hardware accelerator enabled), little more lower with 2D hardware accelerator not forced..
I remember the 2 scores on 2D test: 303 2D OFF and 505 2D ON

EDIT: Quadrant score 2028
12th March 2012, 07:34 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
IS the only difference between R9 and R10 the camera? Just curious about the battery thing, though I know you're still looking into it.
12th March 2012, 07:44 PM |#1005  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 259

Donate to Me
More
So what if quadrant scores are a little lower. If there's no lag in the ROM, then it's great. I'm sticking with R9. It's running great. Battery life is great too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
12th March 2012, 07:56 PM |#1006  
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 46

More
How do you get Acer ring to run? I've enabled and disabled still won't turn on. V9
12th March 2012, 08:32 PM |#1007  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 1,062

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid's Brother

So what if quadrant scores are a little lower. If there's no lag in the ROM, then it's great. I'm sticking with R9. It's running great. Battery life is great too.

This. Me too. Camera was almost useless on base .0014. Does Quadrant even matter?
12th March 2012, 08:34 PM |#1008  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid's Brother

Yeah I know and it is only the I/O score that is lower (read write speed to system) , but R10 is finished and I will release it as a second rom for the people that want speed benchmarks.

Question Euclid , it will be auto detection but do I just change the names of the boot img and the update script

example name now is "boot_HC_014.img" and "boot_ICS_14.img" and I adjusted the script to those names , should that do the trick.

I also put the memory tweaks in those kernels so they are build in R10.

EDIT:

R10 got a average Quadrant score of 2540.
12th March 2012, 09:00 PM |#1009  
Flag Floor
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Quadrant overuses database I/O. It would easily be double with the sqlite3 mods that are floating around but it would have to be recompiled.
12th March 2012, 09:11 PM |#1010  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousTech

Quadrant overuses database I/O. It would easily be double with the sqlite3 mods that are floating around but it would have to be recompiled.

I know you can cheat with a script in int.d but that is not the case here , I don't use sqlite in xbin or bin , there is a difference in kernel.
For me no problem , 2 different roms for user , one full based on 0.019 (R9) with better camera but 500 points lower score on Quadrant and a Full 0.014 (R10) based rom with memory tweaks already build in to kernel (optional in R9) with a better quadrant score but bad focus on camera due the kernel of that acer leak (same as the 0.009 first leak).

R10 will be on tomorrow if all goes well..................
12th March 2012, 09:13 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I've a strange problem with an app.
Specifically it's a game, I did the backup and yesterday restored..
Now when I try to open this game my save data fails and starts all over again like there is nothing about my progress.
The strange thing is about notification.. The game notify me news about saved game, but when I open the game everything is as first time playing.
I don't understand why..
I tried to restore twice by TB (I've 2 backup) and nandroid "data" file..
It seems to be a rom problem, like a limitation..
Also Opera doesn't work fine..

Honeylicious -> Flexreaper R8b1 - No problem - wiped all
Flexreaper R8b1 -> Flexreaper R9 - Apps issues - wiped all and flashed twice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)