IMG_20120312_171016.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_20120312_171557.jpg
    IMG_20120312_171557.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Reactions: Zacky32

psxpetey

Sony is not preventing you from using other headphones dummy... Some jacks are to fat and wont fit but 95% of them will there is no mechanicle issue preventing you from using headphones every jack ive tried is fine

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

jeff7424

Oct 21, 2011
Georgetown, Penang
lol. I can use any headphone with my play(r800i).

How? Mine also R800i.

Thanks! It works! ^_^!

Welcome :)

Sony is not preventing you from using other headphones dummy... Some jacks are to fat and wont fit but 95% of them will there is no mechanicle issue preventing you from using headphones every jack ive tried is fine

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

Is it? I didn't know that. Sorry and thanks for the info.

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
How? Mine also R800i.

Welcome :)

Is it? I didn't know that. Sorry and thanks for the info.

im not the same person but i have also found i can use any headphones with my PLAY for clarification its a 2011 model r800i unbranded.

mine also shipped with 2.3.3 and had an option to chnage auto brightness and Xloud already installed

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
You can also get an adapter from ebay which lets you use any headphones on the xperia 2011 phones - this does not however enable you to use the microphone on these unsupported headsets.

White_Pointer

Dec 30, 2009
Since when can't you plug other headphones into the XPlay? As others have said it's just a standard 3.5mm jack. Just about any headphones will work in it.

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
Ahh, yes, it seems that this is strictly related to headsets..my bad. I've only used headphones, never wired headsets.

White_Pointer

Dec 30, 2009
*sigh*

Not all headphones work.

I've tried plenty, from Sony headphones to Samsung earbuds to HP wrap-around earphones and generic no-name earbuds and they have all worked. Every single one of them.

Headsets on the other hand might be a different story, as I haven't tried headsets so I wouldn't know. But I don't see why headphones wouldn't work.

maddog00

Jul 20, 2010

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
Is this a joke or are people this stupid? First off, this doesn't apply to any r800x, THEY CAME WITH ADAPTERS. Second, Sony will GIVE YOU ONE, all u do is ask. so instead of doing this moronic trick, use your head.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just moved from the Atrix 4G onto the Xperia Play knowing what I was getting into dealing with the headphones. with ericsson's, samsungs and nokias and a few other types of phones, the ground and mic lines are reversed from many other phones.

from the tip of the plug on a normal headset the wiring is:

left speaker - right speaker - Ground - mic
    5Dssn.gif

however the setup for the phone is:

left speaker - right speaker - mic - Ground
    OAWSH.gif

As I am a DIY type person, I had a few extra audio plugs from old headsets and a few audio jacks, so I made my own adapter without the need to go and pick one up, I think radio-shack sells them for around $10 usd if you wanted to go that route.

I'll see If I can find some pics online, or else I'll just make a few quick.
    Thread closed.
    @ julianpaul, I liked the Atrix, never had a problem with it, the fingerprint reader was good for security, you could store your own fingerprint and other people who you would want to access you phone could also have their prints stored, but I am the type of person that likes change, I get a new phone every year and this is the phone I chose for this go round.

My munitio 9mm earbuds work great with the adapter that I made, the adapter that came with the phone (a friends adapter from another Play) didn't work with the 9mm's or Skullcandy's, So either the stock adapter's are cheaply made and it's a luck of the draw or they are only a "quick break" point.