optimus 2x or Moto Atrix 2 or xperia Arc S

Search This thread

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
OnePlus 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Guys,
i m totally sucked off bye this phones battery problem.
even i got new battery from flipkart, its giving me battery problem.
Every aspect of this phone is geat.
Most good is developer support. Thank u guys. U r Gods.
Now i m thinking giving up this phone.
i have 2 options Moto Atrix 2 or xperia Arc S ?
what u think friends ?
or still continue on o2x ?
plz give ur comments and options.

nexus2515

Jan 26, 2011
Chandigarh
Atrix has a larger 1930 Mah battery, though i haven't used an atrix, but bigger battery should mean long lasting battery....

I have used an arc, battery life is same as that on optimus rather wrse than 2x coz in that set the light sensor can't be turned off...

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Flipped off by the battery? My battery even on a stock ROM has no problem lasting a day of use.

nexus2515

Jan 26, 2011
Chandigarh
I haven't got more than a day of battery with any smartphone except galaxy note..
It gave me full 2 days with games and games and games going on

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
The atrix also has a larger screen and that's gonna eat more battery and more fps in games so no thanks, i wouldn't trade my o2x for any of those but that's personal preference no one can tell you want to choose so make your mind up and deal with the consequences.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Looking at the specs, I'd get the Atrix 2 although I would imagine the Xperia Arc S would give better battery life.

Although it seems -depending where you live- the Atrix 2 is 4G so if you used that a lot, it would drain the battery fast (You can turn it off, just like 3G).

pederzen

Jul 18, 2010
Budapest
Signal might be weak in your area, if that's the case, no phone will give you long battery times. On tha other hand: isn't it possible that there are no two identical devices, some have slightly better electronic parts placed in, some worse, draining more juice in given time? Some people write about 20-40 hours of battery-life, i personally never could squeez more than 12-16 hours out of mine. Using 2G only, Juice Defender etc. I'm now on hei's Nova HD Plus RC9-18. This gives me about 18-20 hours of avarage use. :)

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Signal might be weak in your area, if that's the case, no phone will give you long battery times. On tha other hand: isn't it possible that there are no two identical devices, some have slightly better electronic parts placed in, some worse, draining more juice in given time? Some people write about 20-40 hours of battery-life, i personally never could squeez more than 12-16 hours out of mine. Using 2G only, Juice Defender etc. I'm now on hei's Nova HD Plus RC9-18. This gives me about 18-20 hours of avarage use. :)

There could be something in that. I've just picked up an EVO 3D, and people complain about the terrible battery life. I'm currently on about 1 day 13 hours, and I've being trying to drain the battery lol. Somewhere between 20 to 25% left on it at present. My O2X has been pretty good as well :)

If I go to my office, I know battery life will be bad, as the signal is VERY bad, and is cut out about 80% of the time (it's continually on/off).. so wastes a lot of battery juice.

Last edited:

pederzen

Jul 18, 2010
Budapest
Guys,
i m totally sucked off bye this phones battery problem.
even i got new battery from flipkart, its giving me battery problem.
Every aspect of this phone is geat.
Most good is developer support. Thank u guys. U r Gods.
Now i m thinking giving up this phone.
i have 2 options Moto Atrix 2 or xperia Arc S ?
what u think friends ?
or still continue on o2x ?
plz give ur comments and options.

Atrix II seems to be a better choice. It's got stronger battery, MotoBlur is quite handy. It definitely has longer battery life under the same circumstances. Not to mention the possibility to hook it on a LapDock! Great stuff! :)

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Atrix II seems to be a better choice. It's got stronger battery, MotoBlur is quite handy. It definitely has longer battery life under the same circumstances. Not to mention the possibility to hook it on a LapDock! Great stuff! :)

It doesnt has IPS:) and changing for more 512mb ram is not worth. Better is s2 with OMAP processor cheap

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

syzwn9

May 11, 2011
based on my experienced, if u want a great battery life, go for galaxy note!

Cheers.

nexus2515

Jan 26, 2011
Chandigarh
Originally Posted by spica1234<br />
It doesnt has IPS:) and changing for more 512mb ram is not worth. Better is s2 with OMAP processor cheap<br />
<br />
Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
<br />
<br />
IPS has something to do with screen quality?
Ofcourse yes...
Sensation's SLCD loses its colours at angles more than 45° while this 2X's as well as iPhone'z IPS are a lot better in colours and also its blacks are deep

Overall it boosts the contrasts and is better than normal SLCD

Nevr forget the thanX button

pederzen

Jul 18, 2010
Budapest
Ofcourse yes...
Sensation's SLCD loses its colours at angles more than 45° while this 2X's as well as iPhone'z IPS are a lot better in colours and also its blacks are deep

Overall it boosts the contrasts and is better than normal SLCD

Nevr forget the thanX button

I see... Well in this case i definitely would stick to Ox2! :D

Velocy

Mar 20, 2012
really usefull ?

I think the Motorola will be best :battery life ,larger screen ,more ram ,better call experience ,etc
but i don't think it's very usefull to change from an optimus 2x ,the experience will be quietly the same ...better wait for sgs 3 or quad core phone:D

MoFosis

Mar 9, 2011
stick with your o2x and wait until the new generation of quadcore phones (e.g. huawei ascend d) become cheaper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the only reason why i would choose the atrix is the ram. oterwise stay on O2x. I will personally change it only when sgs3 comes out ;)

sent from my CM9 kang powered LG Optimus 2x via XDA premium