What's the verdict on screen protectors?

Search This thread

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois

Sorry can't help on the one you link to, but I have a really cheap one from pyro skins, matte anti-glare and have never been happier with a screen protector. It was not advertised as as anti-rainbow, but I've never noticed any rainbow effect.
I do have issues with the cloth they sent being low quality, but the screen protector and case is great. I was obsessed with finger prints on the unprotected screen I thought I was gonna wear it out just from cleaning, but since putting this one on, I haven't tried much at all cleaning the screen. Basically because it looks and functions so great while on, seems more responsive than without it, I guess I got used to it looking like crap with the screen off. :D Don't think I could get it up look clean while the tab is off anyway.
Another point I should mention is no matter the condition my finger is in, moist, dry, or in between it always seems to respond the same... great. :D
Edit: Just looked at the price and for that much it better apply itself and be replaced instantly for free "before" you scratch it. ;)
Hopefully someone can give you a personal experience, but most people wont spend that kind of money for just a screen protector. I paid a tenth of that shipped.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: jackie_jagger

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
Sorry can't help on the one you link to, but I have a really cheap one from pyro skins, matte anti-glare and have never been happier with a screen protector. It was not advertised as as anti-rainbow, but I've never noticed any rainbow effect.
I do have issues with the cloth they sent being low quality, but the screen protector and case is great. I was obsessed with finger prints on the unprotected screen I thought I was gonna wear it out just from cleaning, but since putting this one on, I haven't tried much at all cleaning the screen. Basically because it looks and functions so great while on, seems more responsive than without it, I guess I got used to it looking like crap with the screen off. :D Don't think I could get it up look clean while the tab is off anyway.
Another point I should mention is no matter the condition my finger is in, moist, dry, or in between it always seems to respond the same... great. :D
Edit: Just looked at the price and for that much it better apply itself and be replaced instantly for free "before" you scratch it. ;)
Hopefully someone can give you a personal experience, but most people wont spend that kind of money for just a screen protector. I paid a tenth of that shipped.

exactly what has been holding me back, I looked up pyroskins and WOW they are so cheap - there seems to be a super sale or something, I'm getting it for about $5 with shipping etc.

I seriously recommend everyone to check it out, $5 won't hurt !

Thanks a lot man - I am just placing my order, will report back when I get it

*question* - how long did it take for it to reach you, they claim 1-5 weeks, so just wondering !

EDIT: any screen degradation you felt after the protector?

EDIT2 : order has been placed :)

Last edited:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
exactly what has been holding me back, I looked up pyroskins and WOW they are so cheap - there seems to be a super sale or something, I'm getting it for about $5 with shipping etc.

I seriously recommend everyone to check it out, $5 won't hurt !

Thanks a lot man - I am just placing my order, will report back when I get it

*question* - how long did it take for it to reach you, they claim 1-5 weeks, so just wondering !

EDIT: any screen degradation you felt after the protector?

EDIT2 : order has been placed :)

Ordered on Friday might, they shipped on Saturday, Monday was a holiday, arrived Tuesday. In the states though. I've read on here a week to Europe.
Screen actually felt more responsive after I applied the protection and feels as good as when I put it on.
Hope you like it. :D

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
Ordered on Friday might, they shipped on Saturday, Monday was a holiday, arrived Tuesday. In the states though. I've read on here a week to Europe.
Screen actually felt more responsive after I applied the protection and feels as good as when I put it on.
Hope you like it. :D

That sounds good, I can wait that long ! I'll be posting my verdict once I get it - I hope it has an easy install method, it always gets tricky with big screens :/

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
That sounds good, I can wait that long ! I'll be posting my verdict once I get it - I hope it has an easy install method, it always gets tricky with big screens :/

Pretty much it just said peel this side, apply, peel other side off. Done. No detailed instruction.
But yeah, just make sure you have a perfectly clean screen in a room as dust free as possible. Any speck of dust will show with the screen off or out in bright sun. One suggestion I've noticed is people using a humid bathroom, from running the shower hot for a few minutes to settle air dust.
Make sure you have your card ready too it didn't come with one, but any credit card, or similar card will work for working out bubbles as you go.
I really suck at applying these, so I ask my wife. She says just take your time from cleaning the screen to the first placement and you should be good to go.
Good luck. :D
Edit: My wife says it's a perfect fit, so make sure you line it up good from the start.

Last edited:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
That's what she said :p sorry had to say it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Well makes a little sense...my wife is a female and she said it...so yeah, "That's what she said."
I get the joke, but am missing the humor in it. Even taken out of context it's just not funny. I guess it's cause even out of context, she still said it :p
Sorry, but guess it could be funny if I had stated it personally, or another male at least, and then you said "That's what she said." :D
Edit: It's funny if you add "to me." after your post. LOL
So edit your post to make it funny. ;)

Last edited:

dmmcd

Sep 20, 2011
Souderton, PA
Well makes a little sense...my wife is a female and she said it...so yeah, "That's what she said."
I get the joke, but am missing the humor in it. Even taken out of context it's just not funny. I guess it's cause even out of context, she still said it :p
Sorry, but guess it could be funny if I had stated it personally, or another male at least, and then you said "That's what she said." :D

I think it is a reference to a character in a TV show, Michael Scott from The Office...

Reactions: Towle

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild

Obviously you really don't get the joke.. Because "to me" is clearly what comes after "that's what she said".. But nobody actually says it... Forget it, it's meant to be a stupid harmless little joke.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Obviously you really don't get the joke.. Because "to me" is clearly what comes after "that's what she said".. But nobody actually says it... Forget it, it's meant to be a stupid harmless little joke.

I know exactly what was meant. But had to play stupid. :p
Although I don't watch the office on a regular basis, I'm not really that, "can't think of the word" :D

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
Pretty much it just said peel this side, apply, peel other side off. Done. No detailed instruction.
But yeah, just make sure you have a perfectly clean screen in a room as dust free as possible. Any speck of dust will show with the screen off or out in bright sun. One suggestion I've noticed is people using a humid bathroom, from running the shower hot for a few minutes to settle air dust.
Make sure you have your card ready too it didn't come with one, but any credit card, or similar card will work for working out bubbles as you go.
I really suck at applying these, so I ask my wife. She says just take your time from cleaning the screen to the first placement and you should be good to go.
Good luck. :D
Edit: My wife says it's a perfect fit, so make sure you line it up good from the start.

back on topic, thank you very much - I do have some experience with that method, hope this goes well !!

Cheers

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
I just received the Realook for my SGS and it's totally amazing!

I don't want to sound like a salesman, but it's worth it! The things got in pretty easy, you just have to make shure you don't have any dust on the screen and it goes on pretty easily!

Then, you can barely see there's something there! Realy amazed! To the feel, it's a little less "glassy" to the touch, but barely. it get's about half less of the finger marks, makes it less anmoying (don't expect to get none, it's still a "clear" product)

I had a Zagg on my other device, hated the thing, felt like rubber and lost quality... so I was kind of sceptical for this one, I don't regret it!

So I'm gonna get the "crystal clear" for the tab, well worth it!

brianious

Nov 27, 2010
Well I don't, I just use a leather case so it covers the screen when I am not using.
and I am afraid the protector will reduce the responsiveness when I am using stylus :/

John NHT

Aug 2, 2011
Philadelphia
Wrapsol

i'm really surprised no one has mentioned Wrapsol Screen Protectors. I tried Zagg and I could see waves on the protecetor. Wrapsol's smooth as the screen surface. If you mess up while putting it on and it gets dirty, they'll send you another one.

They used to only have the Glossy front protector called Ultra, but now they have Matte finish, and also a back protector. They have a couple bundles which come with a Grip pad that lets you use the tab on your knees, for example, if you were sitting down on the floor, grass, etc and it stays on your knees.

www.wrapsol.com

You guys really should check them out:

Wrapsol

From the website:
Wrapsol Ultra screen protector film is the easiest to apply, strongest and the most durable impact + scratch protection system you can get for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 — without compromising its design integrity in any way. Made from advanced high strength polyurethane and using a 100% dry application process that actively releases air bubbles, Wrapsol Ultra installs in an instant and helps prevent everyday screen damage while preserving screen brilliancy and touch sensitivity.

Your Wrapsol Ultra screen protector comes with a lifetime replacement warranty in recyclable packaging, with everything you need for an easy application:

> custom-cut film (screen-only)
> microfiber towelette
> squeegee
> instructions

Highly recommeded if you truly cherish and want to protect your Table' (pronounced Ta-blay-LOL!) Make it sound sophisticated & sheik!! Say it: "Ta-blay"

Have a great day everyone!!!

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
Ok so I got my screen protector from pyroskinz and totally loving it, no rainbow effect but it does reduce the brightness slightly not a biggie though !

Cheers for all the suggestions and I'll strongly recommend this !

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
Nope, but it's probably easier to take fingerprints off from what I've experienced on my phones. Might get one later.

marjoejoejoe

Apr 5, 2011
Taipei
i had a glossy protector at the beginning, and i just had a matte anti-glare protector installed today....im lovin it.....makes reading ebooks easier....

the sound it makes when you slide your finger was annoying at first, but then it grows on you

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I have ghost armor on my tab, it covers the front and back. Last summer when I picked up my gtab, I let my nephew and niece play plants vs zombies and when the left and I looked at my tab, it kook like someone was using a house key to play the game, I almost cryed. That was using zagg, since then I always keep a screen protector on my devices.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

essedee

Oct 6, 2008
Sydney
Do you use them on your tablet?
I didn't want to put a screen protector on because I thought it would reduce the screen clarity, but didn't want to scratch my brand new Tab either so I put a Belkin Clear Screen on and thought I would just give it a go. Have to say I am very impressed as it doesn't affect the screen resolution at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, I just use the official Samsung "book cover" case. Why would I want to cover such a sexy, smooth glass screen with a piece of plastic? :cool:

I think it is a reference to a character in a TV show, Michael Scott from The Office...