FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Should I Continue Maintaining xKernel for Ray, What Say You?

No. You done enough
 
18 Vote(s)
6.02%
Yes you should
 
276 Vote(s)
92.31%
Not necessary
 
11 Vote(s)
3.68%

[xKERNEL|ICS&JB|27/11] xKernel v9.587-D | another version that not released

1,640 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
By sirkay, Senior Member on 13th March 2012, 09:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2012, 06:06 AM |#41  
superwoosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taverius

Working fine here (MSC) ADB works too! Some of

Code:
# setup the global environment
    export PATH /system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin:/sbin:/vendor/sbin

Doesn't work for me, all I get is "export: /system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin:/sbin:/vendor/sbin: bad variable name"
):

EDIT : Nevermind, found out I was supposed to edit it in the init.rc file.
14th March 2012, 06:29 AM |#42  
Taverius's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rapallo
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

have you try reboot and see if it work to called /system/bin/busybox ?

Yeah - that's why I unpacked the kernel ram disk and changed the /init.rc in there otherwise it won't stick.
14th March 2012, 07:02 AM |#43  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taverius

Working fine here (MSC) ADB works too! Some of sirkay's earlier kernels i'd only get adb in recovery.

you can mount USB storage from recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to sirkay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sirkay Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 07:14 AM |#44  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
kernel updated and uploaded. get it from first port!
- fixed busybox
- bigger images touch button
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirkay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sirkay Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 08:01 AM |#45  
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 460
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

you can mount USB storage from recovery?

usb mount, mount sd ext, format sd ext from recovery is working in original ray touch realise (Ray XHY&L GB rom)

further testing: with your touch recovery usb mount, ext mount, ext format are not working, doomlords xcharge app(rebooting options for xperia devices) is not working properly, ray does not reboot to recovery (with original touch it does)
14th March 2012, 11:01 AM |#46  
justmpm's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 5,308
 
More
Hello....
I tried the bootICS_touchRec kernel on JJHybrid_v2 and KA06 ROM and I found that when I was using GSM data the battery drained really fast and the phone got
really warm. Only takes 10-20 min for the phone to get noticably warm. The problem goes away when I flash boot_DoomRec kernel....
14th March 2012, 11:37 AM |#47  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 4,184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

i search else where how to fix, they said format sdcard might solve the problem. am to lazy to format my sdcard .. am using other method to transfer files, which is using adb

Damn... That's a tough fix.. .. I format card only twice an year....lok
14th March 2012, 11:56 AM |#48  
Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
kernel+touch recovery works great!
14th March 2012, 01:18 PM |#49  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm

Hello....
I tried the bootICS_touchRec kernel on JJHybrid_v2 and KA06 ROM and I found that when I was using GSM data the battery drained really fast and the phone got
really warm. Only takes 10-20 min for the phone to get noticably warm. The problem goes away when I flash boot_DoomRec kernel....

i used with ics beta and JJ's Hybrid, work just fine. maybe some settings in KA06 didnt suit with touchRec kernel

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sirkay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sirkay Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 01:28 PM |#50  
ijama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay

i used with ics beta and JJ's Hybrid, work just fine. maybe some settings in KA06 didnt suit with touchRec kernel

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

Same here use icelite v3 with this touchrecovery working just fine..

none
14th March 2012, 01:30 PM |#51  
sirkay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 2,134
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funiewski

usb mount, mount sd ext, format sd ext from recovery is working in original ray touch realise (Ray XHY&L GB rom)

further testing: with your touch recovery usb mount, ext mount, ext format are not working, doomlords xcharge app(rebooting options for xperia devices) is not working properly, ray does not reboot to recovery (with original touch it does)

i dont have ext partition sorry i cant test it. also i dont used any reboot to recovery apps. this is my very first xperience using touch recovery

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirkay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sirkay Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ray, ray kernel, sirkay, urushi, xperia ray

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes