FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]UPDATE[HC 3.2.1][A501] Moscow's Alexandra III Rev 1.1 [27-01-12]

7,722 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,967
 
By Moscow Desire, Retired Senior Moderator on 27th January 2012, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2012, 12:14 AM |#321  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
okay, I spent some time with the A501 source today, I setup ubuntu and tried to compile a kernel but can't figure out what cross compiler I should be using ?
 
 
14th March 2012, 09:34 AM |#322  
Moscow Desire's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,967
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost1157

okay, I spent some time with the A501 source today, I setup ubuntu and tried to compile a kernel but can't figure out what cross compiler I should be using ?

Well, I haven't had any time to mess with it, but you may want to ask these guys.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1518014

Maybe they can give you some hints.
14th March 2012, 10:14 AM |#323  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damador

wtf - no update planed for 501 .... ill gona ask acer support again - because eu support claimed that 501 will get ICS too

Code:
Szanowny Kliencie,



Według najnowszych informacji aktualizacja systemu w modelu A501 nastąpi w
połowie kwietnia.



Z poważaniem

Tomasz Kukliński
Contact Centre Agent
Numer identyfikacyjny 4271

Acer Czech Republic s.r.o
CTPark Brno
Turanka 110
627 00 Brno-Slatina
Czech Republic
Tel: 0 801 080650
       022 471 07 77
Fax: +420 531 027 680
http://www.acer.pl
and translation

Dear Customer
According to latest information actualization for A501 is scheduled to mid April
The Following User Says Thank You to damador For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift damador Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 10:52 AM |#324  
Moscow Desire's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,967
 
Donate to Me
More
Looks like in mid April I roll back to stock!

Thanks for the updated information! ^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 04:54 PM |#325  
Senior Member
Calgary
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damador

Code:
Szanowny Kliencie,



Według najnowszych informacji aktualizacja systemu w modelu A501 nastąpi w
połowie kwietnia.



Z poważaniem

Tomasz Kukliński
Contact Centre Agent
Numer identyfikacyjny 4271

Acer Czech Republic s.r.o
CTPark Brno
Turanka 110
627 00 Brno-Slatina
Czech Republic
Tel: 0 801 080650
       022 471 07 77
Fax: +420 531 027 680
http://www.acer.pl
and translation

Dear Customer
According to latest information actualization for A501 is scheduled to mid April

Thanks for this. Much appreciated.

Hopefully Acer in Canada will have an update for us too. Or maybe at&t.

Sent from my Acer Iconia a501.
14th March 2012, 06:44 PM |#326  
Edenprime's Avatar
Member
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Don't give us bull*** MD.
"U no go stock.
U go and give us Alexandra IV 4.0. "

Seriously, I'm more waiting for Alexandra 4.0 than stock ics.

Sent from Sensual Sensation
14th March 2012, 07:36 PM |#327  
dr mcknight's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenprime

Don't give us bull*** MD.
"U no go stock.
U go and give us Alexandra IV 4.0. "

Seriously, I'm more waiting for Alexandra 4.0 than stock ics.

Sent from Sensual Sensation

i think he means go back to stock to get ota update. than he can make Alexandra 4.0
14th March 2012, 07:50 PM |#328  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
for now we nened a 501 leak or offical rom just to get 3g driver all other can be cooked
15th March 2012, 05:11 AM |#329  
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 870
 
More
We got the HC3.2 kenel, maybe something can be created out of both, a franken-kernel if you will.... Cue the lightening, bats fly out, and give sinister laugh of mad scientist... Oh, sorry, stage directions....
18th March 2012, 07:04 PM |#330  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Thanks Moscow Desire for this great ROM. It is very smooth and stable. 4G data speeds work in this excellent ROM.
One suggestion - add a file explorer. It makes life more simpler.

Thanks!
18th March 2012, 09:10 PM |#331  
Moscow Desire's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,967
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droiduzr2

Thanks Moscow Desire for this great ROM. It is very smooth and stable. 4G data speeds work in this excellent ROM.
One suggestion - add a file explorer. It makes life more simpler.

Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the comments.

I think File Explorer HD is included. Should be.

Not sure whether I kept root explorer in this build or not. Had somebody say I didn't need "2", so I may have removed one of them. But pretty sure HD is there.

If you need one, let me know. I have lot's of them

4g? What's your location? They claim... ahem (russian beuarocrats always claim) they will get 4g here this year (maybe).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes