[CF-Root 3.7][Universal] CF-Root Adaption for Galaxy Fit {Working For All GB Roms}

Search This thread

vigan_ks

Jan 5, 2012
Prizren
so i think i will btr use the old kernel ,it was stable upto 819 !!

if you fix overclocking issue in this new kernel will be great because this new kernel im using last 24 hours is great so smooth and fast just overclocking issue.
And the OC upto 870Mhz sounds geat so if you have time continue working on the new kernel to fix overclocking.
And we are waiting your ROM v3.
Thank You

Deshabilitado

Nov 26, 2011
Puebla
yah i get the same message too "no cf-root kernel" but while using the CWM app and the Tweaks Manager it shows the Cf-Root kernel !!

for ext4 converter try that on a stock to convert rfs to ext4..with maybe CWM flashed !!

Ok so let me see if i understand:
1.- flash cwm recovery
2.- flash cf root kernel
3.- install ext4 manager app via cwm manager
4.- try to convert rfs system to ext4?
Imma do that and will post whay happend
Sent from my GT-S5670L using xda premium

Deshabilitado

Nov 26, 2011
Puebla
If u flash the cf root on stovk directly it wont boot cuz ur krnl will be ext4 n system rfs formatted !!

oh it's a shame, because I have understood according to the best of the CF Root kernel is that makes your stock rom becomes faster, roots your device and give u cwm recovery, but if this doesnt work like that, i dont see the point to put this kernel on a custom rom, cuz almost all the custom roms have his own kernel.

pratyush.creed

Jul 15, 2011
Gaya,Bihar
oh it's a shame, because I have understood according to the best of the CF Root kernel is that makes your stock rom becomes faster, roots your device and give u cwm recovery, but if this doesnt work like that, i dont see the point to put this kernel on a custom rom, cuz almost all the custom roms have his own kernel.

be patient ... i will make this work on stock roms too !!

Reactions: Deshabilitado

djozaa

Jan 15, 2012
this is soo good for all those ported roms with unstable kernels. i have priblem tho. wifi cant obitain ip adress to connect. but that dont bothers me since creds rom v3 is almost here :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

pratyush.creed

Jul 15, 2011
Gaya,Bihar
this is soo good for all those ported roms with unstable kernels. i have priblem tho. wifi cant obitain ip adress to connect. but that dont bothers me since creds rom v3 is almost here :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

wifi not workin on this ...not possible !! i checked it on 3-4 different basebands n custom roms !! its workin

Last edited:

-HellRaiser-

Dec 10, 2010
Gurgaon
hey can you provide an oc between 600 and 787 like 700 or something as my device cannot oc above 715 otherwise its very smooth.

droidxpert

Jan 21, 2012
calicut
Creed sir,
Will u tell me how to convert rfs to ext4 while creating a custom rom using dxida kitchen

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Copied From ChainFire's Post

This rooted kernel is for the "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root takes the kernel from an original Samsung firmware, and just adds root, busybox, and ClockWorkMod (CWM4/5) recovery. For Galaxy Fit You Need To Flash Clockwork Mod Separately. The Kernel is Custom Supporting Ext4 FS, OC, UV and other Features

THIS IS NOT A ROM - it is only a modified kernel. You need to have the relevant firmware already on your device. You do NOT need to wipe anything for this patch. You DO need to read the instructions. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST!

Donate
    Please Donate to Chainfire or Press Thanks button Here
    There have now been nearly 1.000.000 downloads of CF-Root for various devices (see for example Galaxy S1, Galaxy Tab 7", and Galaxy S2), and many more if you include ROMs, kernels, etc that use it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user had donated me $1... :)

Features
    - Root
    - Busybox v1.16.2androidminimal (from CWM)
    - Integrated CWM 4.0.0.2
    - Integrated Tweaks Manager
    - Running All Scripts in /system/etc/init.d
    - Custom Bootanimation Workin on All Roms
    CF-Root v4.1 and older
    - Superuser 2.3.6.1
    - In-Secure mode

Instructions - CWM
    - Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
    - Flash CWM Recovery.
    - Download the File To Your Sd-Card
    - Flash via CWM Recovery
    - No Need to Data Wipe
    - Initial/First Boot May Take Long Time,Very Long Maybe .

Other kernels
    Replacing CF-Root with other kernels and vice-versa sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't have a list.

When going from CF-Root to another kernel, root will usually stay, while CWM will be lost (unless the other kernel also includes it), but there should not be issues. The CWM Manager app may remain, but probably won't do anything useful. For Galaxy Fit CWM Recovery Wont Go Flashing Other Kernels

CF-Root/CWM4 is NOT compatible with ROM Manager! Manage/perform your backup/restores from CWM directly or using the CWM Manager application included with CF-Root

- ADB is functional in recovery, however it may take up to a minute for it to start up after booting into recovery.
    - When connected to ADB in recovery, you need to use "rootsh" command to get root, instead of "su". This will not prompt you, it will just give you root. Obviously the "rootsh" command does not work when booted normally.

CWM Manager
    Because of incompatibility with ROM Manager, I wrote and included "CWM Manager". This is a new app (as of March 30, 2011). You can find it under Applications -> CWM. It is much faster to use than manually booting into CWM and selecting these options.

Features:
    - Boot to CWM
    - Backup firmware
    - Restore backups (CF-Root v5.0: including partition selection)
    - Delete backups
    - Install APKs
    - Flash CWM3/4/5 update.zip's
    - Flash kernels (zImage, zImage in TAR, zImage in ZIP, zImage in TAR in ZIP) - without changing warning triangle status or increasing flash counter
    --- without changing warning triangle status or increasing flash counter
    - CF-Root v5.0: Flash complete firmwares (seperate files as well as .tar and .tar.md5 archives, dump files in /sdcard/external_sd/firmware folder)
    --- without changing warning triangle status or increasing flash counter
    --- can pre-root new firmwares during flash

Note: If you flash a different kernel, CWM Manager may remain installed. However, functions may not work, because they need kernel compatibility !

Custom boot / init scripts
    CF-Root will execute the following scripts if present, in the order listed:

- /system/etc/init.d/* (there can be many files here, no extensions! use #!)
    - /system/bin/customboot.sh (busybox sh)
    - /system/xbin/customboot.sh (busybox sh)
    - /data/local/customboot.sh (busybox sh)

Please make sure you chown / chmod the scripts correctly so they can be executed. Pretty much root:root / 755.

Custom boot animations and binaries
    CF-Root also supports custom boot animations:

- /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    - /data/local/bootanimation.zip

And custom boot binaries:

- /data/local/bootanimation.bin

Installing busybox over the included version
    It is possible to install a custom busybox over CF-Root v3.0 and newer. However, this is not without risk. CF-Root makes heavy use of scripting, and many CF-Root scripts rely on the internal busybox version. If you do install a seperate busybox version (always use "stericson" installer!), install it to /system/xbin. Installing it to /system/bin will mess things up for sure. Even if you do that part right, it may still break CF-Root, so make sure to make a backup before trying.

How ?
    I wrote my own toolchain to ease patching of initramfs, and that is what all this is based on. Took me a few days to get it to this state. If this works right, however, next time it will probably take me a few hours tops :)
    Downloads (Will Work On Every GB Rom Formatted to Ext4 Partition)

Initial Release-http://www.mediafire.com/?y8242yhozcgvok6 (Flash via CWM Recovery)
    Credits

-Chainfire (Please Donate Him or Press Thanks)
    -Special Thanks To Ketut.Kumajaya
    -zcop
    I read it ... But creed put something that made me confuse ... He put will work on every gb ext4 partition ... And the original post says its for stock ... So u tell me works on both or just in ext4 partition gb?

Sent from my GT-S5670L using xda premium

nt stock for us , because our stock kernel dosnt support ext4 ,which is required by the CWM,CWM app and tweaks manager !!! i will soon add a way to make stock roms cf-root and cwm supported !!
    Just Refreshed this Cf-root ..
    *Removed that Boot Splash of Creed(i forgot to remove it before :p )
    *New Kernel
    *OC upto 870Mhz
    *New Shedulers

I havnt tested it, cuz my phone has gone for repairing ...
    someone pls test if this is stable or not..so that i can add this to the main thread!!
    Flash via CWM ...working on all roms ;)