[Poll] Which Screen Protector Are You Using?

Which Screen Protector Are You Using?

• Zagg Invisible Shield

Votes: 182 16.8%
  • Skinomi Techskin

Votes: 53 4.9%
  • SGP Ultra Oleophobic

Votes: 118 10.9%
  • SGP Flex

Votes: 69 6.4%
  • XO Skin

Votes: 212 19.5%
  • Other

Votes: 451 41.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

drewlim

Feb 26, 2012
Mines on SGP Ultra Oleophobic. Ive always liked sgp ever since im on iphone4. Oil stains are whats bothering me but comparing this to other glossy protectors this is better but its still there. Looking for a good matt screen protector that doesnt sacrifice much of the screen pic quality. Do u guys have any recommendations?

Do you guys know any

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
I never liked matte since they always distort the clarity a little bit. You could try cleaning it with some soap/water

Jeekyfied

Jun 27, 2010
Why didn't you include bodyguardz? its one of the most popular out there i believe?

purchased a bodyguardz antiglare hd but has yet to arrive after 2 weeks

rayoubi

Aug 6, 2010
Does the XO Skin work with the GSM version of the nexus and where is the cheapest place I can find them?

:confused:

IIIPowerIII

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
I should receive my Martin fields this week. I hope it's gonna be better than my current xo skin.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

adanziger

Feb 9, 2008
Name of Your Screen Protector: Steinheil SGP Flex
Wet/Dry Application: Wet
Easiness to Install: Not very difficult but best to do in a VERY clean and dust free room
Orange Peel (Yes/No): Minimal
Fingerprint Resistance: Not very resistant but then neither is the glass under it
Screen Coverage: 100%
Protection (High/Low): high

My thoughts:

If you've never done this before look at a few videos and get some good techniques. My friend does it naked in the bathroom with a hot shower running to raise the humidity (no kidding). I kept my clothes on but otherwise did the same thing. Still found 1 tiny fiber under the skin on very close inspection in bright light. I'm not going to redo it because otherwise it's almost perfect.

The Steinheil people said that what few bubbles remained after squeegeeing would disappear within a few days. Mine all disappeared overnight. Orange peel pretty much disappeared as well.

Overall I'm very satisfied.

EspadaKiller

Jan 14, 2012
I'm currently using SGP Ultra Oleophobic but I'm still waiting for the anti-fingerprint one...if there will be one that is @.@

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
How'd your install go chantheman525 ? If you need any help a lot of folks have contributed on my review in my signature

asianxtreme

Aug 15, 2010
hey guys just ordered my white gnex :D

I'm wondering which protector feels most like naked glass (minimum rubbery feeling). I've had zagg for my iphone before and also tried body guard on the ipad2 but took it off.

Looking for one has best edge to edge coverage + min rubber feeling.

QUEDRO

Dec 17, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Name of Your Screen Protector: Stealth Shieldz (amazon)
Wet/Dry Application: Dry
Easiness to Install: Easy
Orange Peel (Yes/No): No (ultra clear)
Fingerprint Resistance: No
Screen Coverage: 100% screen, but 1.5 mm smaller around the front panel edges
Protection (High/Low): High

Last edited:

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
It looks like theres no clear winner, when it comes to screen protectors, what-s the difference between wet applications and dry ones? which feels less rubbery ? I wanted to the sgp oleophobic, just because it supossedly its hard to get fingerprints on

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
Name of Your Screen Protector: Boxwave
Wet/Dry Application: Dry
Easiness to Install: Moderate
Orange Peel (Yes/No): Zero - it's a hard, glass-like surface
Fingerprint Resistance: Very good
Screen Coverage: 100%
Protection (High/Low): high

I compared the Boxwave to a Steinheil Flex that a friend has on her GNex. The Boxwave is clearer, zero orange peel, with no messy solution required. $2.50 on eBay.

But, the Boxwave pulls-up slightly on the edges. Not crazy about that - although it is minimal. Otherwise, I think it would be an excellent solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would vote for none :)
    So I'm aware that there are tons of threads around about screen protectors and I just want to make a poll for people without the screen protectors so they'll know what to get :) I've included some coupons for each one :D

I'll be naming the major brand ones only since they're easier to identify.

Please tell me if there are any other brands that I'm missing :)

The choices are listed above :)

Zagg Invisible Shield
    Coupon (20% off): ZAGG20

Skinomi Techskin
    Coupon (25% off): get25 or skinomi25

SGP Ultra Oleophobic
    Can't find a coupon for this :/

SGP Flex
    None either :(

XO Skin
    Coupon: SPRINTXO

Other
    Please specify! :)

So please vote for the brand that you're currently using and comment about your screen protector :D

If everyone can share some thoughts about their screen protector like:

Name of Your Screen Protector:
    Wet/Dry Application:
    Easiness to Install:
    Orange Peel (Yes/No):
    Fingerprint Resistance:
    Screen Coverage:
    Protection (High/Low):

You can rate them 1-5, or just comment on them :) whichever is fine :)
    1 Being unsatisfied, and 5 being satisfied :D

Thats all I can think of so far, but I'll add on more if I can come up with more later :p
    based off of some of the reviews I saw on here I went and purchased a Martin Field screen protector. the quality is incredible! Did heights fingerprints better than anything exclude screen protector I've ever used. For A dry application protector it is incredible. I highly recommend it! This is coming from someone who has used nearly every screen protector out there is well worth the price. I am hoping I can get a replacement sent as there was a small portion that won't adhere to the screen. If I had any fault with this, it would be that it is almost cut to big.
    Does the XO Skin work with the GSM version of the nexus and where is the cheapest place I can find them?

:confused:

Yes it works with it. http://xoskins.com use the code sprintxo, it will give you 30% off
    What would you guys recommend for me according to this criteria:
    1. wet or dry doesn't matter
    2. retain screen quality as much as possible (no antiglare or orange peel)
    3. feel like glass
    4. Most importantly: edge to edge

XO Skins for me. Its edge to edge, No Orange Peel, it has a slight rubber feel if your hands are moist for the first few days, while it cures up. It also hides finger prints and makes the screen easier to clean. Their customer service is awesome and so is their product.