Thanks Meter: 1,252

Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2012, 06:15 PM |#1531  
Flag The Garden State
Thanks Meter: 732

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouth06

Thanks. One other question. I have noticed that after flashing a kernel and messing with the settings that my wifi is turning off when the screen shuts off. Could this be because i have my gov set to smartassv2, and my i/o scheduler to noop.

i believe AOKP set that as a feature for us, so it could save us some battery.

14th March 2012, 06:33 PM |#1532  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eugene, OR
Thanks Meter: 658

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouth06

guys still learning all i can but is it possible to flash kernels back to back. I now that wouldnt be needed but what if you wanted to try out different ones. Ex. I just flashed the one atyoung dropped a few days ago and as i am flashing i read that this new mason was dropped (and seems more fit to our evos).

I have also provided flashables of the kernel provided in M4 stock. This was ripped strait from the rom, and not compiled by me. Look at either my dev-host or mediafire file tree to find them. Directory labels should be self exclamatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf151

Yeah its safe to do but kernels need a day or two to settle in so u see the true results from it. But flashing a newer one is just fine. Remember what ur momma told u...make sure u wipe ur cache always

If you're flashing mine, it wipes these things for you. Saves me bug reports.
14th March 2012, 07:19 PM |#1533  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Apex
Anyone give the new Apex launcher a shot? It just came out of beta and I'm wondering how it compares to Nova.
14th March 2012, 08:07 PM |#1534  
Flag McAllen, Tx
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseL

Anyone give the new Apex launcher a shot? It just came out of beta and I'm wondering how it compares to Nova.

if your talking about v 1.0.2 then yes, Currently I am running it with M4 and havent had any problems.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBoy997

i believe AOKP set that as a feature for us, so it could save us some battery.

Hmmm...Well weird thing is before i had flashed the kernel my wifi toggle would would always be at a on status, now after the kernel every time screen shuts off the wifi toggle is set to off. Not a huge thing as eventually it turns back on just wouldnt mind it always set to on.
14th March 2012, 09:15 PM |#1535  
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 65

More
keyboard
Is there an easy way to switch between keyboards on this ROM? I have tried the long press in the text field, but that does not work, i only get quick text and text editor options. Thanks
14th March 2012, 09:23 PM |#1536  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman1971

Is there an easy way to switch between keyboards on this ROM? I have tried the long press in the text field, but that does not work, i only get quick text and text editor options. Thanks

Goto System settings>ROMcontrol>General UI>check Show IME switcher

Now go send a text/email/whatever, when the keyboard pops up, you'll see an icon in the notification bar that looks like a keyboard, click that, change keyboard, ????, profit!
The Following User Says Thank You to phaseL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phaseL Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 09:44 PM |#1537  
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseL

Goto System settings>ROMcontrol>General UI>check Show IME switcher

Now go send a text/email/whatever, when the keyboard pops up, you'll see an icon in the notification bar that looks like a keyboard, click that, change keyboard, ????, profit!

That worked. Thanks. This ROM is amazing, after smurfing it and changing kernels, this thing flies and i have not had any errors. I love this ROM!!!!!
14th March 2012, 10:04 PM |#1538  
Flag everett
Thanks Meter: 3,130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman1971

That worked. Thanks. This ROM is amazing, after smurfing it and changing kernels, this thing flies and i have not had any errors. I love this ROM!!!!!

Another option for keyboard switching is, if you're using ICS keyboard, longpress of the spacebar brings up toggle options. However, once you switch to a different KB, I don't believe longpresss of spacebar does that, so I keep the IME switcher in notification bar, too. Just extra info.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
14th March 2012, 10:23 PM |#1539  
Flag So. Cal
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Sprint Visual Voicemail For ICS
I searched the thread and was checking around and hadn't seen anyone that had posted this yet, but I have an Sprint Epic 4g Touch and one of the latest leaks of the upcoming ICS builds had the latest VVM build in it. I pulled the .apk from the leaked rom and installed it on the AOKP Milestone 4 on the EVO and it provisioned almost immediately.

I have included the file below for anyone that misses Sprint's VVM for their EVO.

It worked for me, let me know if anyone else gets the same results.

*BTW, it is version T.5.2.1.8*
Attached Files
File Type: apk vtt-sprint.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.28 MB, 178 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ShortFlip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShortFlip Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 10:44 PM |#1540  
Flag McAllen, Tx
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortFlip

I searched the thread and was checking around and hadn't seen anyone that had posted this yet, but I have an Sprint Epic 4g Touch and one of the latest leaks of the upcoming ICS builds had the latest VVM build in it. I pulled the .apk from the leaked rom and installed it on the AOKP Milestone 4 on the EVO and it provisioned almost immediately.

I have included the file below for anyone that misses Sprint's VVM for their EVO.

Nice. I shall give this a try as right now i am using youmail I would rather stick with the sprint vvm.
14th March 2012, 11:01 PM |#1541  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortFlip

Worked for me as well. Youmail never worked right for me. Thanks for sharing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)