FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Script][A2SD] Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011)

2,042 posts
Thanks Meter: 229

Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2012, 01:07 PM |#2191  
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
several questions:

1. is the project abandoned? Since there isn't an update for a year now...
2. Can it be installed wihtout loosing the Data on the SD? e.g. resizing SD partitions from windows? How the had to be created?
3. What happens to already installed apps? will they be moved? can the be moved? Waht happens to apps wich are moved by gingers app2sd function?
4. can we install it wihtout clockwork mod? e.g. copy wiht root explorer and set permission - then a normal scrip should be also capable of installing- or is there more to be done?
5. what happens if the partiton runs out of space? Will apps go to internal memory then?

Even I already used it for some time now on my wildfire - still those question bother me since I just switched to a device where i don't have clockwork mod...

12th March 2012, 03:21 PM |#2192  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEcP

Hi,
several questions:

1. is the project abandoned? Since there isn't an update for a year now...
2. Can it be installed wihtout loosing the Data on the SD? e.g. resizing SD partitions from windows? How the had to be created?
3. What happens to already installed apps? will they be moved? can the be moved? Waht happens to apps wich are moved by gingers app2sd function?
4. can we install it wihtout clockwork mod? e.g. copy wiht root explorer and set permission - then a normal scrip should be also capable of installing- or is there more to be done?
5. what happens if the partiton runs out of space? Will apps go to internal memory then?

Even I already used it for some time now on my wildfire - still those question bother me since I just switched to a device where i don't have clockwork mod...

1) Most likely. Whatever is here is here. This shouldn't be too much as a problem as some report that this works with ICS. It would be nice if the low volume bug could be fixed... Maybe one day the dev will come back.

2) You can install/flash this just fine with no wipes. You WILL need to have an EXT partition (recommended ext3 or 4) for this to work. When you create the partition you WILL lose all data on SD. Backup everything on your PC first. As for how to flash, I would simply recommend to do it with a recovery (IE: AmonRa or 4EXT touch recovery).

3) Not sure if you can move previously installed apps. This script does not give the user an easy option to choose which to move to ext which is a shame... Apps that are moved on .android_secure (gingerbread's a2sd) can be moved back easily (and placed in the EXT by default) by going to settings>apps>on sd and click move to phone. It will usually move the app to the ext which the phone recognizes as internal.

4) Not too sure. The best way (obviously) is to flash the script via recovery but I am not the one to ask for moving files to /system. You can open the RAR file on your PC and view where the files are supposed to go and try to push them there. But when experimenting, back up lol.

5) If the partition runs out of space then apps will be installed to internal until that is almost filled as well. Then you will get the low memory error when trying to install. You must likely will not fill a partition as this script has many flaws when it comes to recognizing 'free space.' When I used to use it I would get 'low memory' errors when the partition was only half way filled.

Hope this helps. If you don't understand anything I said just ask.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Androidity3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androidity3000 Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 02:22 PM |#2193  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,

I've 2 questions:

1. I have a HTC Desire GSM that's running CM 7.0.3 and I've run the DT A2SD script to put my apps and dalvik-cache to the EXT partition on the sdcard. I wish to update to CM 7.10, and the instructions seem straightforward enough (nandroid, flash, that's it). I'm wondering if I need to do anything about A2SD for the update?

2. I wish to upgrade to a larger sdcard. How can I migrate from my existing sdcard to a new one?
14th March 2012, 04:23 PM |#2194  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,666

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goister

Hi,

I've 2 questions:

1. I have a HTC Desire GSM that's running CM 7.0.3 and I've run the DT A2SD script to put my apps and dalvik-cache to the EXT partition on the sdcard. I wish to update to CM 7.10, and the instructions seem straightforward enough (nandroid, flash, that's it). I'm wondering if I need to do anything about A2SD for the update?

2. I wish to upgrade to a larger sdcard. How can I migrate from my existing sdcard to a new one?

1)
nandroid
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
flash update
flash darktremor
reboot
done

2)
boot to recovery mode
nandroid backup, only choose [android_secure] and [sd-ext]
turn on usb mass storage
move everything on sd to computer
turn off usb mass storage
turn off phone in recovery
switch hardware sd card from old to new
do not power on phone normally
must directly boot into recovery mode

partition sd card - your desired ext and space etc.
usb mass storage on
everything from computer to sd
usb mass storage off
nandroid restore (the one only with the two options ticked)
reboot phone - phew finished!

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hanny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hanny Ad-Free
15th March 2012, 04:16 AM |#2195  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmic

1)
nandroid
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
flash update
flash darktremor
reboot
done

Thanks! So I assume flashing the CM7.1 update will clear my internal memory, that's why I need to reflash darktremor zip file? After flashing it will I need to run the a2sd scripts again after reboot to move my apps and dalvik-cache to my sdcard?
15th March 2012, 04:29 AM |#2196  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I am on Stock Rom 2.3.6 with root permission
and i would like to install more apps ( a2sd)
what should i do.
Pls guide me.
15th March 2012, 04:43 AM |#2197  
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:

Thanks! So I assume flashing the CM7.1 update will clear my internal memory, that's why I need to reflash darktremor zip file? After flashing it will I need to run the a2sd scripts again after reboot to move my apps and dalvik-cache to my sdcard?

nah, flashing updates will replace files in elsewhere with new ones but not /data partition nor /sd-ext partition therefore flashing updates will not clear your internal memory. if people did not use any a2sd scripts then their apps and data will not be changed after flashing an update.

however as we use darktremor a2sd script, files in the /system partition and other places which are directing apps and dalvik to our sd-ext, are removed when we flash the update. so thats why we will have to flash darktremor zip again everytime we update our ROM. note that we dont have to do this when we update our kernels only.

no, you dont need to do anything related to the activation of darktremor after updating the ROM and flashing the script together. not in A2SDGUI nor terminal emulator. your apps and data will just be there and because you NEED to wipe dalvik before ROM flash, the dalvik cache will start to build up in /sd-ext by itself on first boot. thats why the first boot will be long.

For your reference so you dont have to try it yourself - if you dont flash darktremor together with the ROM, you will just get all android package icons after you boot the phone and none of your app with activate until you wipe cache and dalvik again in recovery and flash the darktremor zip, everything will show up correctly.

in case if you face force closes at anytime after you did things related to darktremor, run a fix_permission and reboot then everything will be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth08

I am on Stock Rom 2.3.6 with root permission
and i would like to install more apps ( a2sd)
what should i do.
Pls guide me.

do a quick search "how to install darktremor" or search this thread, got not much time enough to teach you from installing recovery to finish a2sd...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hanny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hanny Ad-Free
15th March 2012, 05:50 AM |#2198  

More
Quote:

nah, flashing updates will replace files in elsewhere with new ones but not /data partition nor /sd-ext partition therefore flashing

do a quick search "how to install darktremor" or search this thread, got not much time enough to teach you from installing recovery to finish a2sd...

If I had figured it out, than why i had asked here.
I will be thankfull if u can guide me
thanks in adv.
15th March 2012, 06:11 AM |#2199  
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by earth08

If I had figured it out, than why i had asked here.
I will be thankfull if u can guide me
thanks in adv.

okay okay, ill provide you with reference because the instructions have been retold for lots of times over the year. (hmm haha ur lucky that lots of archived but very useful links are still saved in my bookmarks)

but first you need to go to the forum of your device to install custom recovery before doing anything.

then, get the image of darktremor a2sd here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1235925

read the two pieces of official instructions here
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...58809660835039
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=2

unofficial instructions here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1235925
this thread is old and now beyond ext3 you can also use ext4

what is ext? this one
http://www.google.com.hk/search?sour...ext+partitions

after installation you can either install A2SDGUI or simply use terminal emulator or adb shell to execute the following commands
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...58826790833326

you may also want to try temasek (a famous developer)'s modified version of darktremor a2sd
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1314

what is barrier=0? here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1511

if you really think darktremor is too complicated, try using Simple2Ext if you are using a cyanogenmod ROM.

You can also choose Link2SD if you are not using cm7 (as i can see ur on stock)

darktremor a2sd is not simple, even android isnt. ive used shitloads of time to read and test by myself when i was a noob, too good luck mate!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hanny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hanny Ad-Free
25th March 2012, 01:57 PM |#2200  

More
Quote:

nah, flashing updates will replace files in elsewhere with new ones but not /data partition nor /sd-ext partition therefore flashing updates will not clear your internal memory. if people did not use any a2sd scripts then their apps and data will not be changed after flashing an update.

however as we use darktremor a2sd script, files in the /system partition and other places which are directing apps and dalvik to our sd-ext, are removed when we flash the update. so thats why we will have to flash darktremor zip again everytime we update our ROM. note that we dont have to do this when we update our kernels only.

no, you dont need to do anything related to the activation of darktremor after updating the ROM and flashing the script together. not in A2SDGUI nor terminal emulator. your apps and data will just be there and because you NEED to wipe dalvik before ROM flash, the dalvik cache will start to build up in /sd-ext by itself on first boot. thats why the first boot will be long.

For your reference so you dont have to try it yourself - if you dont flash darktremor together with the ROM, you will just get all android package icons after you boot the phone and none of your app with activate until you wipe cache and dalvik again in recovery and flash the darktremor zip, everything will show up correctly.

in case if you face force closes at anytime after you did things related to darktremor, run a fix_permission and reboot then everything will be fine!

Hi,

I did as you told, however I'm going into a boot loop with the following messages in logcat:

Code:
E/dalvikvm(  792): opt header write failed: No space left on device
I then did a df in adb shell and it showed that my /data partition is 100% full. This forced me to reboot to recovery and restore to my old CM 7.0.3 backup, which was successful. When I do a df then, it shows only 89% used. Under Android storage settings, I also see that there's 16+MB internal memory left. Why am I left with 0 space in /data after applying the CM7.1 update and the A2SD zip file?

Thanks.
25th March 2012, 02:49 PM |#2201  

More
Quote:

Hi,

I did as you told, however I'm going into a boot loop with the following messages in logcat:

Code:
E/dalvikvm(  792): opt header write failed: No space left on device
I then did a df in adb shell and it showed that my /data partition is 100% full. This forced me to reboot to recovery and restore to my old CM 7.0.3 backup, which was successful. When I do a df then, it shows only 89% used. Under Android storage settings, I also see that there's 16+MB internal memory left. Why am I left with 0 space in /data after applying the CM7.1 update and the A2SD zip file?

Thanks.

Try amarulz as2dx
that worked for me on both stock 2.3.6 and also on cm7.2
al of my apps were installed on ext4 partition on CM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2sd, apps2ext, apps2sd, darktremor

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)