FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] MIDNOTE 3.3 Codename "B&G" (LP6 ICS FULL Working and ITALIAN QUALITY) 04/13/12

1,433 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,271

By maxicet, Senior Member on 22nd February 2012, 11:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2012, 10:57 AM |#861  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk3n3mi3

Hey guys,
I have installed this wonderful rom yesterday and it is nearly perfect for me.
The only problem, I have which is really damn bad is, the keyboard which is includet is only in english or korean and I'm german
I need äöü and QWERTZ what can I do? Clearly I can type ae for ä and find the Z on the other position but if there is a chance to get this perfekt keyboard from stock Gingerbread RocketRom which I had before it would be perfekt.
Yes, I can install another Keyboard App but there is the problem, the most keyboards in the market havn't the numbers over the chars and this is the really best thing on the whole note, this was the thing why I sold my Galaxy S2 after 2 Month an got my iPhone 4 back, because there where better to type things but now the keyboard from the Note is really better as every other I've saw.
The best thing where, to download a German Languagepackage and install it and have the same keyboard only with qwertz and when I hold the "a" there would be the "ä".
That would be perfekt, I hope there is a chance to get this done

I have installes this rom yesterday around 5 pm and until then I love it and I find more and more really nice things there that I didn't know there is a chance to get them.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks for all your help.
Greez D4rk3n3mi3

Try with "smart keyboard" trial version first, and download German language pack, also in the Market...
The Following User Says Thank You to maxicet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxicet Ad-Free

14th March 2012, 10:59 AM |#862  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senectus

Hey Maxicet, got your Note back from repair yet?

Yes, yesterday evening, MY NOTE IS BACK TO HOME....
The Following User Says Thank You to maxicet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxicet Ad-Free
14th March 2012, 11:55 AM |#863  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Originally Posted by calvinyap
Hi everyone,

Just wonder if anyone of you all encounter error when trying to format the SDCard. When i click format.. you will get vibrate and it pop back to setting and an error mention Setting is not working well.

Another things is when my address book number include a + sign when local number call me.. it did not show the owner name out. Just wonder if anyone of you all encounter it. If Yes.. have it fixed the problem ?

Thanks,
The caller ID is still a bug with contacts with +country code infront on ALL ICS roms - no solution yet

yes i have this too and i have tried all other ics roms and same error - no name will show up when your contact's number has +countrycode on it. Hong Kong
14th March 2012, 01:00 PM |#864  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicet

That is good news, maxicet...

So are we expecting an update soon?:)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
14th March 2012, 03:41 PM |#865  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 3

More
thx for the fast answer, but smart keyboard has not these numbers over the chars.
There you have to hold a char to get the number and this is bad, and the note has the space to take another row.
But thx a lot, I have to whait until this rom is going to come with qwertz layout, then it is perfekt
14th March 2012, 04:54 PM |#866  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:

Awesome :)

They say what it was?
IE Software or did you cook it?
14th March 2012, 04:59 PM |#867  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

Please be carefull, leaf ics n7000 alone and wait for officiele. Than make something beautiful of that.
15th March 2012, 01:22 AM |#868  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_uuk

Hi, just a question how do you access menu using bluetooth keyboard?i can't seem to access mine while uaing my bt keyboard.

And how do you set dpi?what is dpi for?

thanks in advance...

The menu on GB was associated with F2 key, this is no longer the case on ICS, however on my PS3 keyboard R3 is home and L3 is menu (Fn+F10 & Fn+F5 respectively)

DPI is dots per inch or pixels per inch, basically telling android how big your screen is, because android is smart, even if you have a big resolution screen but the screen size is small android will figure that out and draw things at a decent scale. Now, if you manually lower this value it's as if you're telling android that you have a bigger screen and that it shouldn't worry about things on the screen being drawn so small, resulting on more things fitting on your screen at the same time. It's especially better in my setup coz when I connect it to my LCD it's closer to a desktop experience.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote:

Welcome back :0)
15th March 2012, 01:50 AM |#869  

More
[QUOTE=zoz33;23628431]The menu on GB was associated with F2 key, this is no longer the case on ICS, however on my PS3 keyboard R3 is home and L3 is menu (Fn+F10 & Fn+F5 respectively)

DPI is dots per inch or pixels per inch, basically telling android how big your screen is, because android is smart, even if you have a big resolution screen but the screen size is small android will figure that out and draw things at a decent scale. Now, if you manually lower this value it's as if you're telling android that you have a bigger screen and that it shouldn't worry about things on the screen being drawn so small, resulting on more things fitting on your screen at the same time. It's especially better in my setup coz when I connect it to my LCD it's closer to a desktop experience.[COLOR="Silver"]

Hi, thanks a lot. But where do i set this dpi? Any suggest on the optimized setting as i also connect my note in my bigger lcd screen?

15th March 2012, 03:30 PM |#870  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_uuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoz33

The menu on GB was associated with F2 key, this is no longer the case on ICS, however on my PS3 keyboard R3 is home and L3 is menu (Fn+F10 & Fn+F5 respectively)

DPI is dots per inch or pixels per inch, basically telling android how big your screen is, because android is smart, even if you have a big resolution screen but the screen size is small android will figure that out and draw things at a decent scale. Now, if you manually lower this value it's as if you're telling android that you have a bigger screen and that it shouldn't worry about things on the screen being drawn so small, resulting on more things fitting on your screen at the same time. It's especially better in my setup coz when I connect it to my LCD it's closer to a desktop experience.

Hi, thanks a lot. But where do i set this dpi? Any suggest on the optimized setting as i also connect my note in my bigger lcd screen?

I would have told you to use LCD Density Modder, but using it on Midnote usually results on my phone freezing at the Samsung Galaxy Note boot logo.

You can use a root explorer to edit /system/build.prop ro.sf.lcd_density property. I set it to 240 and it's working on midnote. If you edit the midnote build.prop, you'll find this property repeated, you should remove the second one and leave the first one.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to backup using titanium and CWM/Red-pill before you edit build.prop as your device might hang during boot as I explained and you'd have to boot to recovery and restore backup.
15th March 2012, 03:33 PM |#871  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoz33

I would have told you to use LCD Density Modder, but using it on Midnote usually results on my phone freezing at the Samsung Galaxy Note boot logo.

You can use a root explorer to edit /system/build.prop ro.sf.lcd_density property. I set it to 240 and it's working on midnote. If you edit the midnote build.prop, you'll find this property repeated, you should remove the second one and leave the first one.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to backup using titanium and CWM/Red-pill before you edit build.prop as your device might hang during boot as I explained and you'd have to boot to recovery and restore backup.

Woooh...seems a bit complicated...i will leave it as that for the meantime...thanks though...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)