[Q] Virtuous Inquisition - Extreme Input Lag

Search This thread

gotpriest

Nov 22, 2011
Hello all, - at the moment I am on VI 3.5, with the following specs. I am experienceing moderate to extreme input lag, particularly when the phone wakes. Often times bottom four buttons built into the device (Home Menu Back Search) will not respond at all.

Specs:
Z710e
Baseband 11.68.3504.00U_11.21.3504.13_2
Kernel 3.0.16-g9788208 htc-kernel@u18000-build-144#1

Apps Installed:
Adobe Reader
Alarm Clock Xtreme
Astrid
BeWeather
Google Currents
Documents to Go
Dropbox
Google Reader
HandyCalc
Mileage
My Work Clock
Pure Music Widget
Shazam
Google Shopper
Swype
Ventriloid

S

status_six

What is your min CPU frequency?
System Tuner or similar app will tell you if unknown. I need minimum of 384MHz to prevent lag.

Sent from my Pyramid-T

nevrlow

Jul 27, 2011
virginia beach
I had those issues from v3.5-v4 i went back to v3.0 and its all running great.

Sent From My Ice Cream Sensation
Virtuous 3.0

uphusgm

Aug 19, 2010
I as well. I was using 3.5 and just updated to 4.0. The 4 buttons toward the bottom of the phone lockup and the lag before a response is sometimes as much as 15 seconds. Thinking I might go back to 3.x. Not sure if it's the SebastianFM kernel that was include with 4.0 or not. Going to try another kernel.

bigears5000

Aug 4, 2010
Hereford
I too am having lag problems on VI 3.5. I never had this problem on 3.0 so was going to upgrade to version 4. Having seen previous post(s), I am now reconsidering. It only really seems to lag after a while of browsing fairly heavy sites like engadget on full desktop versions. If I leave the browser for a couple of minutes, then restart browser, it's fine again. I have to repeat this process whilst browsing to maintain a lag free device. It's a bit of pain.

Actually just found a bug report for the problem I am experiencing, so at least I'm suffering from a known problem.http://development.virtuousrom.com/tracker/issues/1092

Last edited: