By mgschwan, Member on 2nd February 2012, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2012, 11:05 PM |#71  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgschwan

Those RCD files are a real problem because they use some form of encryption (or at least encoding) to create the codes.

The code that is actually sent to the BaseStation has nothing in common with the code that is stored in the RCD file.

If you look at the Header, it says the encoding is "base64+c3". Well the base64 is obvious but the c3 is some kind of encoding that is applied prior to base64 encoding.

I am already thinking about supporting different Remote codes. I am thinking about Pronto Codes. That would free the app from the proprietary RCD format.

So here is a question to anyone with a BaseStation that has IR learning capabilities.
DOES anyone of you own a universal remote that supports Pronto Codes.

If yes, please contact me.

And as i already mentioned earilier. I am currently very busy, so please don't expect any updates this month.

Michael

Quick question though, with the Pronto codes. Is there a PC program that'll allow me to teach IR codes to it?

Here in the states the new standards with digital signals in cable companies is really complicated. They require us to use DTA's (Digital Transport Adapters) to connect to our TV sets and through that they'll convert the digital signal back to where it can be played on the TV (or locationfree basestation) on to channel 3 (hence when you worked with the TV Tuner, only channel 3 works). But the DTA isn't the complicated part, it's the remote that's complicated. After looking and looking on the internet I saw that the ones that are being handed out by my cable company is using a newer remote standard called "XMP". So I tried every single remote code for locationfree I could find that could relate to the Comcast (Cable company) or Cisco (DTA manufacturer) and none of them worked. The main problem with XMP is that not even Slingbox or Logitech Universal Remotes have codes readily available for them.

And so, I pulled out my old Windows Mobile 2003 device that had an IR port and remote program. and turns out I can still teach these XMP codes to an IR Receiver. So it comes to my conclusion that You HAVE to teach them to your device.

16th March 2012, 08:44 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question
Fantastic app, I'm so pleased that this is in the making, and will definitely be buying it when it's ready. But I was testing it last night and couldn't get it to work. If I could get some info here it would be very good.

I have the LF-PK1 (europe) and Samsung Galaxy S2. I connected the location free box and installed the app [ThereTV (free version) 1.0.4]. I went through the settings and adjusted it like I thought it should be, but after pressing play I only get a black screen and the phone is almost non-responsive. As soon as I press play the net-av light on the LF box starts blinking, but it stops after few secconds. Then to fix the phone I have to go to task manager and stop the program there, because it's frosen and using 50% of the processor. I was using android 4.0.3, but I thought that was the problem so I downgraded to 2.3.4, and also tryed 2.3.5 but they all act the same. Are there any settings that have to be meade on the box it self for this to work?

This would really make my day if it works, because untill now I'm using a computer specially for this purpose, that I would like to shut down.

If you have the time and would be willing to test my box, I could PM you my IP adress, I have the approparite ports forwarded to it and it's accsessable over the internet.
16th March 2012, 09:23 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Did you register your device? Netnav light should flash green when connected and you must go to prefences and set all of them hit menu then preferences then apply all these settings I might be wrong but you were right to downgrade I do not believe it is compatible with 4.0
Also you must use the netnav address if connecting from another wireless connection not the 172.??.??.? Ip address
For the first time you connect connect your device using the locationfree player as the access point
Try unplugging the power for the locationfree box then plug it back in.try these steps and see what happens if anything pm me at google talk at nycinsane@gmail.com I know the developer is very busy at this time but I know a few tricks and I will try to help u

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to insanenyc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insanenyc Ad-Free
16th March 2012, 11:17 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Steb by step QuickGuide for setting up Theretv
1. Unplug locationfree player
2. Plug it back in
3. From computer open internet explorer enter Ip address this usually 172.29.71.1 hit enter
4. You will get a login screen user name lfx password located on side of the locationfree player hit ok
This password is usually four numbers
5. Click advanced setup
6. Look at dynamic DNS settings write down the domain name (i believe this is case sensitive write it down as it appears)
7. Click device registration
8. Click enable hit set
9. Go to device open there tv app hit menu hit register enter registration number that u see hit register on device
10. Click set on computer. device should be registered (if you have multiple devices you only have to register 1 of them and they should all work )
11. Click device registration then change tab to disable click set.
12. Go to device hit back once select base station address enter netnav address you wrote down next base station port should be 5021 hit ok
13.select region
14.select color system
15.select base station
16. Select remote if your remote is not listed try the others u might get lucky if not pm developer and when nxt release comes out it should be there
17.select video input
18.Ok now it's time to set the settings start off with low settings and adjust higher once you get a picture
Stream=medium
scaling=fast but ugly
leave frame dropping alone for now
Encoder framerate=20 fps
size of encoded video medium Audio buffer size = slow device
19. Click back click play wait a few seconds hopefully you get a picture you should
* when connecting for 1st time make sure you device is using the locationfree base station as your access point

*to use remote click anywhere on screen and remote should appear click screen again and remote will disappear

*If for some reason it does not work the first time close app go to remove app from app settings and force close program then try it again . But it should work on 1st try.
Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
17th March 2012, 05:16 AM |#75  

More
Smile
Thank you, it works perfectly! It only needed the registration number. I dismissed it thinking it was to register the app to a paid version. Working well both on WiFi and 3G. I will be using it to watch and hopefully in the future control my UK SKY HD digibox. The PC software had the remote codes for that if I remember correctly. I've lost my pc software and serial so I cant check (hope I still have the IR blasters). The remote would need one or two extra buttons though to be perfect But it looks very promising.
30th March 2012, 03:09 AM |#76  

More
Sky+ remote
Can I put in a request for the (british) sky+ remote, it's in my windows software (LFPC1GB) for european base station. There are over 10 million subscribers to SKY, all having this same remote. Some of them are bound to have a location free device aswell ... I have no problem with purchasing the pay'd version to get it, as it is a fantastic program. Just hope that in future releases that a few more buttons will be added to the on screen remote.

Btw, thereTV app is working perfectly on Android 4.0.3, Samsung Galaxy SII
30th March 2012, 10:39 AM |#77  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almararn

Can I put in a request for the (british) sky+ remote, it's in my windows software (LFPC1GB) for european base station.
Btw, thereTV app is working perfectly on Android 4.0.3, Samsung Galaxy SII

Can you tell me the exact name how it is called in the Windows Player.

I will try to add it over the weekend. Additional buttons will be available in the future, but i'm still to busy to do it right now.

greetings
Michael
30th March 2012, 12:38 PM |#78  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgschwan

Can you tell me the exact name how it is called in the Windows Player.

I will try to add it over the weekend. Additional buttons will be available in the future, but i'm still to busy to do it right now.

greetings
Michael

Yes, It's just SKY and SKY+
Added the GB version of the software if it's missing in the regular European. But dont have any serial though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	remote.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	973043  
Attached Files
File Type: rar LocationFreePlayer(GB).part1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.78 MB, 32 views)
File Type: rar LocationFreePlayer(GB).part2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.17 MB, 24 views)
3rd April 2012, 09:05 AM |#79  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Ok my player does not have the codes for Sky but if your are brave enough i can send you a short tutorial how to extract the codes using wireshark.

Michael
3rd April 2012, 10:42 AM |#80  

More
Sure, I'm willing to give it a go, If I can help. Otherwise the setup files for my player, the GB version is attached to my previous post. The software works for 2 weeks without the serial.

Is this just using wireshark to record the packets sent from my player to the LF device whilst using the remote buttons, and isolating the ones you want? Or something like that?
3rd April 2012, 10:47 PM |#81  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almararn

Is this just using wireshark to record the packets sent from my player to the LF device whilst using the remote buttons, and isolating the ones you want? Or something like that?

Hi,
yes this is exactly what needs to be done
  • Download and install wireshark from www.wireshark.org
  • Start wireshark before you start your LocationFree Player
  • Select "Capture->Interfaces"
  • Click Options in the line that show your Network Interface that is connected to the same Network as the LocationFree BaseStation

(You can verify this by looking at the IP Address. i.e. if you are connected
    directly to the Wireless Network of the BaseStation you need to select the line
    that says 172.29.71.???)
  • Click on "Capture Filter"
  • Click "New"
  • Select the last entry in the Capture Filter list (this is the one you just created by pressing New)
  • Enter "Location Free" as the Filter name
  • Enter "host ???.???.???.??? and port ????" as the Filter string where
    ???.???.???.??? means the IP address of your BaseStation and ???? means the
    NetAV port (usually around 5021)
  • Press OK
  • The Field right of the "Capture Filter:" Button should now contain your filter string
  • Press Start
  • Now start your LocationFree Player
  • Connect to your BaseStation and press the remote control keys in the following order
    1. Power
    2. Channel Up
    3. Channel Down
    4. Volume Up
    5. Volume Down
  • Disconnect from your BaseStation and go back to the Wireshark Window
  • Capture -> Stop
  • Right click on the first line in the Protokoll and select "Decode As"
  • In the Pulldownmenu select "destination (????)" where ???? should be the port you entered in the Filter string
  • In the list to the right select "HTTP" and press OK
  • Now some lines should become "light green". Search for the Line that says "GET /netav/message1 HTTP/1.1"
  • Right click on that line and select "Follow TCP Stream"
  • A new window should appear that Starts with "GET /netav/message1 HTTP/1.1"
  • Click "Save As" , save it to a file and send it to me

Michael
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)