[APP] ThereTV . Streaming player compatible with the LocationFree protocol

Search This thread

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Today i've released a new version (1.0.4). It includes:

• Support for Japanese models
  • Support for the internal TV tuner (if applicable)
  • On-demand recording (EXPERIMENTAL)
  • The free version includes the latest remotes from the donation version
  • Support for different color systems (NTSC,....)

The last one is very important because you can now use MPEG4 even on LF-V30 models if you select the correct color system. So if you have a slower device that can handle the H.264 stream you can switch to the MPEG4 stream.

I'm currently very busy and since most of the pressing features and fixes are now included i will suspend the development until April.

Michael

Hockey37

Jul 8, 2006
WV / PA
Transformer Prime Tablet, Running ICS 4.0

When I touch the screen, the right side goes black. No remote shows up, no matter what remote is chosen.

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Transformer Prime Tablet, Running ICS 4.0

When I touch the screen, the right side goes black. No remote shows up, no matter what remote is chosen.

Hi,

if you get any display errors it is because of problems with the OpenGL implementation.

I am now running into a scenario where i need to fix problems in one implementation without breaking the installations that already work.
This is somehting i have yet to find a solution for.

But does the video work, or is this not beeing displayed correctly too?

Michael

gvece

Apr 12, 2009
Change settings to fast but ugly median quality fps 25 and slow device see if you can get a picture after u change these settings
And check your letters they are case sensitive I believe

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Tried using from a friends broadband but getting the same could not connect message I.e the b***mynetav.com:5021 The settings are as shown in the dns domain name and case is correct - a total of 32 characters. The Xp laptop works OK remotely so don't think its a router issue? Do I have to register my phone with the mynetav address rather than the IP address in order to use thereTV remotely?

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Tried using from a friends broadband but getting the same could not connect message I.e the b***mynetav.com:5021 The settings are as shown in the dns domain name and case is correct - a total of 32 characters. The Xp laptop works OK remotely so don't think its a router issue? Do I have to register my phone with the mynetav address rather than the IP address in order to use thereTV remotely?

No once you are registered you don't need to register again, you can just change the Address.

Can you send me you pm with your connection info so that i can test it, and if required i'll send you a debug build to get to the logs.

Michael

nee_vak

Oct 14, 2009
Hrmm, using the mynetav address works with 3g (i get a single picture then it stops but then again sprint 3g is lousy) however it doesnt work when using on the same wifi network, i have to change back to ip address

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
Hrmm, using the mynetav address works with 3g (i get a single picture then it stops but then again sprint 3g is lousy) however it doesnt work when using on the same wifi network, i have to change back to ip address

It should work with the netnav address on your WiFi network or 3g network the only address I use is the netnav address and I have no problems at all try force closing the app or do a full reboot and try it and it should work also change settings to fast but ugly and medium quality when on a 3g network. If you are driving around it may freeze but if you remain in the same place with 3g it should stream fine

AND REMEMBER MyNetnav address is CASE SENSITIVE put the address the same way it appears
I am a beta tester for the app and have had atleast 9 different versions of the app and have not had a single problem streaming on any mobile network or WiFi network

Last edited:

ChpStcksRlz

Jul 12, 2011
Houston, TX
Is it possible to make RCD files (remote codes for Locationfree) without an LF-B10, B20, V30 etc? My basestation can't learn remote codes. So is there any way to make that file? I have IR recievers/blasters on my PC if that'll help

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Is it possible to make RCD files (remote codes for Locationfree) without an LF-B10, B20, V30 etc? My basestation can't learn remote codes. So is there any way to make that file? I have IR recievers/blasters on my PC if that'll help

Those RCD files are a real problem because they use some form of encryption (or at least encoding) to create the codes.

The code that is actually sent to the BaseStation has nothing in common with the code that is stored in the RCD file.

If you look at the Header, it says the encoding is "base64+c3". Well the base64 is obvious ;) but the c3 is some kind of encoding that is applied prior to base64 encoding.

I am already thinking about supporting different Remote codes. I am thinking about Pronto Codes. That would free the app from the proprietary RCD format.

So here is a question to anyone with a BaseStation that has IR learning capabilities.
DOES anyone of you own a universal remote that supports Pronto Codes.

If yes, please contact me.

And as i already mentioned earilier. I am currently very busy, so please don't expect any updates this month.

Michael

ChpStcksRlz

Jul 12, 2011
Houston, TX
Those RCD files are a real problem because they use some form of encryption (or at least encoding) to create the codes.

The code that is actually sent to the BaseStation has nothing in common with the code that is stored in the RCD file.

If you look at the Header, it says the encoding is "base64+c3". Well the base64 is obvious ;) but the c3 is some kind of encoding that is applied prior to base64 encoding.

I am already thinking about supporting different Remote codes. I am thinking about Pronto Codes. That would free the app from the proprietary RCD format.

So here is a question to anyone with a BaseStation that has IR learning capabilities.
DOES anyone of you own a universal remote that supports Pronto Codes.

If yes, please contact me.

And as i already mentioned earilier. I am currently very busy, so please don't expect any updates this month.

Michael

Quick question though, with the Pronto codes. Is there a PC program that'll allow me to teach IR codes to it?

Here in the states the new standards with digital signals in cable companies is really complicated. They require us to use DTA's (Digital Transport Adapters) to connect to our TV sets and through that they'll convert the digital signal back to where it can be played on the TV (or locationfree basestation) on to channel 3 (hence when you worked with the TV Tuner, only channel 3 works). But the DTA isn't the complicated part, it's the remote that's complicated. After looking and looking on the internet I saw that the ones that are being handed out by my cable company is using a newer remote standard called "XMP". So I tried every single remote code for locationfree I could find that could relate to the Comcast (Cable company) or Cisco (DTA manufacturer) and none of them worked. The main problem with XMP is that not even Slingbox or Logitech Universal Remotes have codes readily available for them.

And so, I pulled out my old Windows Mobile 2003 device that had an IR port and remote program. and turns out I can still teach these XMP codes to an IR Receiver. So it comes to my conclusion that You HAVE to teach them to your device.

almararn

Jun 18, 2011
:) Fantastic app, I'm so pleased that this is in the making, and will definitely be buying it when it's ready. But I was testing it last night and couldn't get it to work. If I could get some info here it would be very good.

I have the LF-PK1 (europe) and Samsung Galaxy S2. I connected the location free box and installed the app [ThereTV (free version) 1.0.4]. I went through the settings and adjusted it like I thought it should be, but after pressing play I only get a black screen and the phone is almost non-responsive. As soon as I press play the net-av light on the LF box starts blinking, but it stops after few secconds. Then to fix the phone I have to go to task manager and stop the program there, because it's frosen and using 50% of the processor. I was using android 4.0.3, but I thought that was the problem so I downgraded to 2.3.4, and also tryed 2.3.5 but they all act the same. Are there any settings that have to be meade on the box it self for this to work?

This would really make my day if it works, because untill now I'm using a computer specially for this purpose, that I would like to shut down.

If you have the time and would be willing to test my box, I could PM you my IP adress, I have the approparite ports forwarded to it and it's accsessable over the internet.

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
Did you register your device? Netnav light should flash green when connected and you must go to prefences and set all of them hit menu then preferences then apply all these settings I might be wrong but you were right to downgrade I do not believe it is compatible with 4.0
Also you must use the netnav address if connecting from another wireless connection not the 172.??.??.? Ip address
For the first time you connect connect your device using the locationfree player as the access point
Try unplugging the power for the locationfree box then plug it back in.try these steps and see what happens if anything pm me at google talk at nycinsane@gmail.com I know the developer is very busy at this time but I know a few tricks and I will try to help u
457dea7f-a2ba-8faf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: almararn

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
Steb by step QuickGuide for setting up Theretv
1. Unplug locationfree player
2. Plug it back in
3. From computer open internet explorer enter Ip address this usually 172.29.71.1 hit enter
4. You will get a login screen user name lfx password located on side of the locationfree player hit ok
This password is usually four numbers
5. Click advanced setup
6. Look at dynamic DNS settings write down the domain name (i believe this is case sensitive write it down as it appears)
7. Click device registration
8. Click enable hit set
9. Go to device open there tv app hit menu hit register enter registration number that u see hit register on device
10. Click set on computer. device should be registered (if you have multiple devices you only have to register 1 of them and they should all work )
11. Click device registration then change tab to disable click set.
12. Go to device hit back once select base station address enter netnav address you wrote down next base station port should be 5021 hit ok
13.select region
14.select color system
15.select base station
16. Select remote if your remote is not listed try the others u might get lucky if not pm developer and when nxt release comes out it should be there
17.select video input
18.Ok now it's time to set the settings start off with low settings and adjust higher once you get a picture
Stream=medium
scaling=fast but ugly
leave frame dropping alone for now
Encoder framerate=20 fps
size of encoded video medium Audio buffer size = slow device
19. Click back click play wait a few seconds hopefully you get a picture you should
* when connecting for 1st time make sure you device is using the locationfree base station as your access point

*to use remote click anywhere on screen and remote should appear click screen again and remote will disappear

*If for some reason it does not work the first time close app go to remove app from app settings and force close program then try it again . But it should work on 1st try.

Last edited:

almararn

Jun 18, 2011
Thank you, it works perfectly! It only needed the registration number. I dismissed it thinking it was to register the app to a paid version. Working well both on WiFi and 3G. I will be using it to watch and hopefully in the future control my UK SKY HD digibox. The PC software had the remote codes for that if I remember correctly. I've lost my pc software and serial so I cant check (hope I still have the IR blasters). The remote would need one or two extra buttons though to be perfect :) But it looks very promising.

almararn

Jun 18, 2011
Sky+ remote

Can I put in a request for the (british) sky+ remote, it's in my windows software (LFPC1GB) for european base station. There are over 10 million subscribers to SKY, all having this same remote. Some of them are bound to have a location free device aswell :) ... I have no problem with purchasing the pay'd version to get it, as it is a fantastic program. Just hope that in future releases that a few more buttons will be added to the on screen remote.

Btw, thereTV app is working perfectly on Android 4.0.3, Samsung Galaxy SII

Last edited:

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Can I put in a request for the (british) sky+ remote, it's in my windows software (LFPC1GB) for european base station.
Btw, thereTV app is working perfectly on Android 4.0.3, Samsung Galaxy SII

Can you tell me the exact name how it is called in the Windows Player.

I will try to add it over the weekend. Additional buttons will be available in the future, but i'm still to busy to do it right now.

greetings
Michael

almararn

Jun 18, 2011
Can you tell me the exact name how it is called in the Windows Player.

I will try to add it over the weekend. Additional buttons will be available in the future, but i'm still to busy to do it right now.

greetings
Michael

Yes, It's just SKY and SKY+
Added the GB version of the software if it's missing in the regular European. But dont have any serial though :(

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 194
  • LocationFreePlayer(GB).part1.rar
    5.8 MB · Views: 34
  • LocationFreePlayer(GB).part2.rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 26

mgschwan

Dec 13, 2011
Ok my player does not have the codes for Sky but if your are brave enough i can send you a short tutorial how to extract the codes using wireshark.

Michael

almararn

Jun 18, 2011
Sure, I'm willing to give it a go, If I can help. Otherwise the setup files for my player, the GB version is attached to my previous post. The software works for 2 weeks without the serial.

Is this just using wireshark to record the packets sent from my player to the LF device whilst using the remote buttons, and isolating the ones you want? Or something like that? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

This software is still in beta status. You have to expect problems.
    If you experience any bugs or glitches please look in the Known Issues section of this post. If the problem is not there send me a message.

• This app is developed by me and Sony did not contribute to the development of this software
    • A personal note from me: I will not use the trademark LocationFree or the brand name Sony in the App (especially in the title)

I do however want to thank the people at Sony (and sonyericsson). They were very active to find a solution so i can distribute this app. Their recent opensource engagement seems to pay out, for people like me.

News:
    Today the 1.0.4 Version was released. It includes support for Japanese Basestation, different color systems (NTSC/...), experimental recording functionality...

----

The official site of this app is theretv.zero997.com. I have also added a commenting system to the site. You can now put your feature requests and bug reports directly in the comments.

The current status of the software is (as of 02/12/2012):
    • Compatible to all known BaseStations (LF-B1, LF-B10, LF-PK1, LF-B20, LF-V30)
    • Support for EU, US and JP models
    • Switch between MPEG4 and H.264(on supported BaseStations)
    • Recording of streams to MKV files (EXPERIMENTAL)
    • Remote control support
    • Registration works from within the app
    • Fullscreen playback
    • Works over Wifi/3G/4G
    • Selectable stream quality
    • Advanced performance settings (adjustable scaling filter/adjustable frame dropping)
    • Change the encoder settings of the BaseStation (framerate/videosize)
    • Change the video source
    • Support for the integrated tuner
    Here is a video showing the App in action http://youtu.be/R1uaKrfdAoc

Upcoming features
    • Recording of shows directly on the device (like a DVR)
    • Timed recordings

Thanks to my testers: insanenyc, Tommyboy_65_98, Mister_Mxyzptlk, Jim_IT

Just on a side note, for all those people asking in other threads why no one made a LocationFree player even though Sony put the source code online:
    The code released from sony is just an excerpt of an opensource library they used to stream the data everything else is closed source.

List of tested devices:
    • HTC Thunderbolt
    • HTC G2
    • HTC HD2
    • Nexus S
    • Glaxy Tab 10.1
    • HTC Inspire (overclocked to 1,5Ghz) : works
    • Motorola XOOM : works
    • Toshiba Thrive : works
    • Droid X : works
    • HP Touchpad : works
    • HTC Desire (not overclocked) : works although it is a bit too slow
    • HTC Wildfire: works but very very slow

First message 02/03/2012
    Over the last month i've reverse engineered the Sony LocationFree Protocol and started the development of an Android client.

Update 02/05/2012:
    The current release improves the frame dropping mechanism. This should result in better picture quality on slower devices. If the user sets a frame dropping factor the frames are only dropped at the end of a GOP. Thus the dropped frames are immediatly followed by an IFrame. This means that the frames following a dropped frame can be decoded without any errors.

The synchronization between audio/video has been improved. The audio decoder can tell the video decoder to drop frames if the delay becomes too big, this means that video frames are dropped before the audio decoder has to drop anything, which should result in better audio quality.

The remote control can now be shown/hidden.

Update 02/07/2012:
    The encoded video size can now be set. The framerate of the encoder can be set.

Update 02/07/2012:
    The support for LF-B10 BaseStations is now included

Update 02/08/2012:
    Preliminary support for LF-V30 BaseStations. Video still has problems.
    Added support for the second video source

Update 02/10/2012:
    The display problems of the remote control that some testers experienced are fixed now.
    The support for the LF-V30 BaseStations has been improved. But it's still H264 only

Documentation:

Once the app is installed. It's called ALF Player (Android LocationFree Player)

1. When started it presents you with a play icon. Don't just hit it yet, you need to first hit the Menu key and got to preferences (enter Server address/port). You can also enter a hostname. If it does not work try it by directly conecting to the wireless network of the basestation first.
    2. Choose your remote (The remotes of all testers should be integrated already). If your remote is not listed i haven't extracted it yet.
    3. Go back to the play button and hit the menu key again.
    4. Got to registration.
    5. Set the Registration on the Base Station via the web interface to enabled. You should get a registration which is 8 characters long.
      Enter the password exactly as it is displayed (i guess it is always lowercase)
    6. Press "register". It should display Registration sucessful within a second. If registration does not work look at your base station anyway, it may
      have registered but did not detect it correctly.
      If that is the case, press back to get to the Play button and press it.
    7. It should take a few seconds for the stream to start (hopefully).

To activate the remote just touch the screen
    To deactivate the remote touch anything except a button

If you have performance problems you have the following options:
    • Reduce the Picture size
    • Set the scaling filter to fast
    • Lower the stream quality
    • Activate frame dropping (i.e 50 percent)
    • Lower the encoder framerate
    • Set the encoded video size to low

Known issues
    • FIXED in 1.0.1 On some devices the player crashes before showing any video at all.
    • FIXED On some devices the remote control is not displayed correctly
    • FIXED The stream from LF-V30 BaseStations may cause trouble and not resync after dropped frames
    • PARTIALLY FIXED If the program can't connect it will hang until it crashes :)
    Donations:

The following people have donated to this project (If you don't want to be listed here send me a message).
    If you consider donating more than the 4 Euros of the donation version, please use paypal, otherwise most of your money will end up with google (30% fees)

Direct donations
    dzapme; Stefan Zimmermann; Joe Lo

Donation version
    Tommyboy_65_98; Arthur Fernandez; ersd999; Dominic Zapletal; Ruben C De Jesus; Alvin Kelsey; gvece; M J Elvin; echardcore; Jeremy Carter; Wayne C Corby; Brian Metzger; Brian Ellerbusch; Mark De Jong; Thomas Pruss; Duane Leichtamer; James Smith, rallyraiden; Ghassen Mahfoudhi; Kenneth Dupre; hockeygoalie; the292
    Greetings

How to get the program:

You can download it from the android market

or you can scan one of the following codes:

Donation version (4 Euros)
    theretv_donate.png

Free version
    theretv_free.png

Michael
    Hi,
    I want to thank the author for this amazing app.
    I've bought the donated version and it worked OK for me. But I wanted to use my remote (for Globo Opticum 4060cx SAT decoder). So I've done some research based on author's hints and managed to get the codes :) This has encouraged me to dig deeper :) I've reworked some classes in such way that:
    1. I've now got 16-button remote :)
    2. buttons are showing on my son's Asus TF300T running JB (with original version there was only black rectangle)
    Here is a screenshot form the TF:

TherTVScreenshotSmall.jpg

I've dropped voulume buttons because volume control is already on android device. I've added digits (to avoid using up/down buttons many times), EPG, EXIT and P/N buttons. P/N button is rather less universal - it switches my decoder from PAL to NTSC (in Poland we have PAL system but I've got NTSC LF version)

Here is the actual buttons png image:

buttons_alpha.png

and the coresponding LFXGLPlayer class code change (onTouchEvent method):

Code:
            float xf = motionevent.getX() / (float)getWidth();
            float yf = motionevent.getY() / (float)getHeight();
            if(motionevent.getAction() == 1)
                if((double)xf > 0.5D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.12D && (double)yf < 0.22D && (double)yf > 0.02D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d1");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.132D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.24D && (double)yf < 0.22D && (double)yf > 0.02D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d2");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.26D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.366D && (double)yf < 0.22D && (double)yf > 0.02D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d3");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.38D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.49D && (double)yf < 0.22D && (double)yf > 0.02D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("power");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.12D && (double)yf < 0.48D && (double)yf > 0.26D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d4");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.132D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.24D && (double)yf < 0.48D && (double)yf > 0.26D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d5");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.26D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.366D && (double)yf < 0.48D && (double)yf > 0.26D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d6");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.38D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.49D && (double)yf < 0.48D && (double)yf > 0.26D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("pn");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.12D && (double)yf < 0.72D && (double)yf > 0.52D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d7");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.132D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.24D && (double)yf < 0.72D && (double)yf > 0.52D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d8");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.26D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.366D && (double)yf < 0.72D && (double)yf > 0.52D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d9");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.38D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.49D && (double)yf < 0.72D && (double)yf > 0.25D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("epg");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.12D && (double)yf < 0.98D && (double)yf > 0.77D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("channeldown");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.132D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.24D && (double)yf < 0.98D && (double)yf > 0.77D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("d0");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.26D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.366D && (double)yf < 0.98D && (double)yf > 0.77D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("channelup");
                else
                if((double)xf > 0.5D+0.38D && (double)xf < 0.5D+0.49D && (double)yf < 0.98D && (double)yf > 0.77D)
                    lfclient.sendButton("exit");
                else
                {
                    renderer.showUI(false);
                    requestRender();
                }

and the arrays.xml change:

Code:
        <string-array name="remotes">
            <item>SV 360 elite</item>
            <item>Globo Opticum 4060cx</item>
        </string-array>
        <string-array name="remotenames">
            <item>SV 360 elite</item>
            <item>4060cx</item>
        </string-array>

and finally remotecodes.xml changes:

Code:
    	<set name="4060cx">
    		<power>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAKAJk=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</power>
    		<channelup>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEALAJo=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</channelup>	
    		<channeldown>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAOAJ0=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</channeldown>	
    		<volumedown>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAQAJ8=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</volumedown>	
    		<volumeup>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEARAKA=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</volumeup>	
    		<d1>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEABAJA=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d1>	
    		<d2>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEACAJE=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d2>	
    		<d3>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEADAJI=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d3>	
    		<d4>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAEAJM=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d4>	
    		<d5>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAFAJQ=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d5>	
    		<d6>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAGAJU=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d6>	
    		<d7>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAHAJY=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d7>	
    		<d8>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAIAJc=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d8>	
    		<d9>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAJAJg=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d9>	
    		<d0>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAAAI8=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</d0>	
    		<pn>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEAYAKc=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</pn>	
    		<epg>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEBCANE=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</epg>	
    		<exit>
    			<on>AQAJCgEBBQAIQEBBANA=</on>
    			<off>AQABAgIC</off>
    		</exit>	
    	</set>

These changes allow us to have 16 buttons instead of 5.

The last change fixes (at least on the Asus tablet) black rectangle problem. It's done in OverlayImage class (loadTexture method):

Code:
    //    Bitmap localBitmap = BitmapFactory.decodeResource(paramContext.getResources(), this.resourceID);
          Bitmap localBitmap = null;
          InputStream is = paramContext.getResources().openRawResource(this.resourceID);
          try {
        	  localBitmap = BitmapFactory.decodeStream(is);
          } finally {
              try {
                  is.close();
                  is = null;
              } catch(IOException e) {

}
          }

I hope that the author won't blame me for this post and maybe will be so kind to use my findings in next versions :)

Sorry for my poor english

Regards
    Kuba
    Maybe try going a different route, trying thru development for their Xperia channel (they do use Android of course!)

Natasha Dutta
    Senior Communications Manager,
    Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
    Email: sedwpress@sonyericsson.com
    http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wp/contact/
    With the latest update this app is clearer and sounds better then the offical pc software made by Sony. It also looks and sounds better on my thrive and inspire then it does on my PSP.
    Fantastic work Michael !
    Tested the app all day yesterday with a 4g connection and it only dropped a few times and that was due to poor data service areas .This is a screenshot of the picture quality of the app on inspire it is so clear
    208b71cb-7c1d-b868.jpg

Just picked up one of the Sony LocationFree base stations. Looking to try out ThereTV on my android tablet. But I can't access Google Play. Is there another way to get a hold of the APK for this app ? If it works, I will be more than happy to donate - this sounds like it's going to be great if I can get it up and running.