569 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2012, 07:37 PM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Which kernel?
Hi, I have just upgraded to ics on my galaxy s2, can anyone recommend a kernel that supports bln?

I have already bought bln pro

Thanks in advance

16th March 2012, 07:56 PM |#1022  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmackay

Interesting observation: with exp prox option NOT ticked, if I hold my hand over the prox sensor, I can no longer activate the "Led notification" item in the Test section.

Take my hand off the sensor, and the menu item immediately works.

Again, this is with the prox option NOT enabled.

Edit: SGS, THS ICS b17, Semaphore 0.9.1[COLOR="Silver"]

[deleted test results: cannot reproduce]

I guess you covered the proximity sensor with your hand and touched the screen at the same time. In that case android can not track your input.
I am using a piece of paper to test the proximity sensor, that eliminates most of the side effects.
The Following User Says Thank You to neldar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neldar Ad-Free
16th March 2012, 08:52 PM |#1023  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 108

More
On the AT&T GS2, I am getting constant wakelocks for wlProximityEvents, and I do not even have the new Proximity feature enabled.

I just unplugged the charger 5 minutes ago, I have no notifications, and it's been in constant wakelock since then. (See the screen shot).

Since the last update, my battery life has been very bad and deep sleep has gone down significantly.

UPDATE: Attached is my wakelocks.txt file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120316-155007.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	950567  
Attached Files
File Type: txt wakelocks.txt - [Click for QR Code] (9.2 KB, 12 views)
16th March 2012, 10:40 PM |#1024  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith8858

On the AT&T GS2, I am getting constant wakelocks for wlProximityEvents, and I do not even have the new Proximity feature enabled.

I just unplugged the charger 5 minutes ago, I have no notifications, and it's been in constant wakelock since then. (See the screen shot).

Since the last update, my battery life has been very bad and deep sleep has gone down significantly.

UPDATE: Attached is my wakelocks.txt file.

Thank you for the informations about the wakelock, these infos helped me to resolve the problem.
An update is now available at the market. I want to apologize to those who may have had problems because of this issue.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neldar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neldar Ad-Free
17th March 2012, 01:20 AM |#1025  
Flag Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

Thank you for the informations about the wakelock, these infos helped me to resolve the problem.
An update is now available at the market. I want to apologize to those who may have had problems because of this issue.

That is great, I will give it a shot and report back!! BLN on our devices is amazing, thank you so much for your hard work!
17th March 2012, 01:31 AM |#1026  
Flag Cambridge, UK
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

I guess you covered the proximity sensor with your hand and touched the screen at the same time. In that case android can not track your input.
I am using a piece of paper to test the proximity sensor, that eliminates most of the side effects.

Oops. apols for my stupidity...
17th March 2012, 02:53 AM |#1027  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Hi neldar, thanks for the great new feature and for keep supporting your app!

Just one question; enabling the proximity sensor function uses more battery power for its polling that without it enabled?

Thanks!
17th March 2012, 09:07 AM |#1028  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Static LED timeout
Hey Neldar!

Long time since i posted... had no reason to coz u kno... everything was perfect...

i just updated the pro app to the latest version... with the experimental prox sensor n all...

i saw something strange... i no longer have the ability to set static led timeout in minutes... the lowest i can set is 1 hr!!

snapshot attached...

hope u fix this soon... i dont want my led's to be on for an hour!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120317-133103.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	951261  
17th March 2012, 12:33 PM |#1029  
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Indeed I just noticed that too. I had 10 minutes configured before and after the upgrade it is now 0 hours...

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk
17th March 2012, 02:55 PM |#1030  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Aykroyd

Hi neldar, thanks for the great new feature and for keep supporting your app!

Just one question; enabling the proximity sensor function uses more battery power for its polling that without it enabled?

Thanks!

The proximity sensor is interrupt-based, that means the app becomes only active if the sensor changed its value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.aviator

Hey Neldar!

Long time since i posted... had no reason to coz u kno... everything was perfect...

i just updated the pro app to the latest version... with the experimental prox sensor n all...

i saw something strange... i no longer have the ability to set static led timeout in minutes... the lowest i can set is 1 hr!!

snapshot attached...

hope u fix this soon... i dont want my led's to be on for an hour!

An update is available...
The Following User Says Thank You to neldar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neldar Ad-Free
17th March 2012, 03:35 PM |#1031  
Flag Boston

More
So far so good, no more wakelocks. Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)