FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Diamond GPS Photo question

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yuisony, Junior Member on 6th July 2008, 08:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've enable the ....\Camera\P10 in the registry, the GPS Photo option shows up, I've choose it and then the GPS initialize and there's an icon shows (I guess) GPS signal is ready in the camera mode.

However, I use it to shoot photos (it stores in MYPOI rather than MyPictures)....but when I upload it in picasa, there's NO position information i..e longtitute and latitute.....

Anyone experience the same?

6th July 2008, 11:24 AM |#2  
Blackpool Lancs

More
Put GPSToday from GeoTerrestrial on your phone and it will work much better than the inbuilt rubbish, you can grab a copy from here http://www.geoterrestrial.com/ not only is this a cracking application it is free!
Just a small word of warning though it does have use the phones GPRS data connection for the mapping side of the application - not a problem if you have inclussive Data in your phone contract - Mike
6th July 2008, 02:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuisony

I've enable the ....\Camera\P10 in the registry, the GPS Photo option shows up, I've choose it and then the GPS initialize and there's an icon shows (I guess) GPS signal is ready in the camera mode.

However, I use it to shoot photos (it stores in MYPOI rather than MyPictures)....but when I upload it in picasa, there's NO position information i..e longtitute and latitute.....

Anyone experience the same?

works for me, dont know whats up with your pics.
6th July 2008, 02:49 PM |#4  

More
Bth methods works as long as it leads to GPS-info in the EXIF...but it doesn't work with FLickr (yes, I have set it right on mu account on flickr)...any one an alternative to get my data read and have it put in a map automaticly...
6th July 2008, 03:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP

Bth methods works as long as it leads to GPS-info in the EXIF...but it doesn't work with FLickr (yes, I have set it right on mu account on flickr)...any one an alternative to get my data read and have it put in a map automaticly...

flickr works for me, but it reads the data sometimes wrong (only the degrees of latitude and longitude, thought the minutes and seconds are also in the header, but this is a known bug.)

e.g.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2826148...42258812/meta/
7th July 2008, 08:03 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
thanks all
I get an exif reader and it shows the long and lat...
maybe just the problem with picasa
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)