Where to get 1800mAh OEM Batteries that FIT!

Search This thread

DriftorX

Aug 21, 2010
LOL. Not for sell :)

This is not real samsung battery for sure. This is some generic battery with out a working temperature sensor. The original battery should have a white box near the connectors.

I hate to charge any non-oem battery overnight in the phone. Good thing is it came with a wall charger so you can charge it without putting your phone in risk.

How do you know it doesnt have a temp sensor. It seems fine on mine. The battery stats and temp show it working. The white box on my original battery is just a little white sticker in that box that can be pulled off. But ive only had one battery in the phone so far so im still testing it.

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
How do you know it doesnt have a temp sensor. It seems fine on mine. The battery stats and temp show it working. The white box on my original battery is just a little white sticker in that box that can be pulled off. But ive only had one battery in the phone so far so im still testing it.

I have never seen a generic battery with working temp sensor. Try a small test.

If you have battery monitor installed it will give you the battery temperature in the widget. Otherwise you can get it by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* Then go to Battery information and the list will have battery temperature.

Put the phone in the refrigerator for few min and check the temp. Also check it when you are outside for sometime in a sunny day, when the phone is charging and after running couple of quadrant test.

If you get different and sensible temperature value for those cases, your battery is good. But if the temperature is always reading between 22 to 24 C, then the sensor is bad.

DriftorX

Aug 21, 2010
Yes my battery monitor widgets shows temp changes while using quadrants, antutu benchmarks, games and such. So far the dial code info for the battery shows temp changes. From a reboot of the phone it shows 37c at idle from not running anything. I'm also running ICS euphoria clocked at 1300mhz.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Last edited:

SamsungVibrant

Jul 23, 2010
Same serial numbers, are they fakes? Compare your original 1500 s/n!!!

Ok so you guys are ordering these 1800mAH batteries that all have the same serial number, and are wondering if it's fake?

Why don't you guys take your original 1500mAH Samsung Vibrant battery, and put the serial number here.

Let's see how many people have the same ORIGINAL VIBRANT battery serial number.

That would be a good way to know if Samsung gives each battery a unique serial number or not. We know those batteries are original Samsung for sure.

If everyone has a different s/n on their original Vibrant 1500mAH battery, then we know the ones being sold on mobilecity are fake.

DriftorX

Aug 21, 2010
Here are pics of my original battery.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331767578237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331767578237.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331767644624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331767644624.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 108
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331767657744.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331767657744.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 107

DriftorX

Aug 21, 2010
I have never seen a generic battery with working temp sensor. Try a small test.

If you have battery monitor installed it will give you the battery temperature in the widget. Otherwise you can get it by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* Then go to Battery information and the list will have battery temperature.

Put the phone in the refrigerator for few min and check the temp. Also check it when you are outside for sometime in a sunny day, when the phone is charging and after running couple of quadrant test.

If you get different and sensible temperature value for those cases, your battery is good. But if the temperature is always reading between 22 to 24 C, then the sensor is bad.

Ok so i gave the phone a full charge powered off and installed antutu battery tester. Powered up the t959 and running the tester. the temp sensor on it read 39c at idle and now its at 44c and still going as the tester is still running its battery test.

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
Ok so i gave the phone a full charge powered off and installed antutu battery tester. Powered up the t959 and running the tester. the temp sensor on it read 39c at idle and now its at 44c and still going as the tester is still running its battery test.

Your battery has good sensor. Let us know if you find the actual capacity of the battery.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

DriftorX

Aug 21, 2010
How do I actually find that information out on the actual capacity?

Sent from my SGH-T989

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
How do I actually find that information out on the actual capacity?

Sent from my SGH-T989

Use battery monitor widget on your phone and run few charge discharge cycle. then open the app and tap on calibration. This data is only reliable with stock rom with stock kernel. When I used Bali kernel the app reports around 3700mah for stock battery.

Also you can see how your new battery is performing compared to the stock battery.

Check this post for idea.

Last edited:

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
Those of you wondering, that white sticker on the battery is a moisture indicator. It turns pink when it gets wet, let's Sammy know if you dunked your phone/battery if you send it back for service.

And those of you wondering if the mobilecity batteries are real, I think they are. Samsung gives their batteries lot numbers, and mis-label it SN. Trying to match up "SNs" from your original batteries you would need to find another with a phone built the same month as yours to have even a slim chance.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.

SamsungVibrant

Jul 23, 2010
Those of you wondering, that white sticker on the battery is a moisture indicator. It turns pink when it gets wet, let's Sammy know if you dunked your phone/battery if you send it back for service.

And those of you wondering if the mobilecity batteries are real, I think they are. Samsung gives their batteries lot numbers, and mis-label it SN. Trying to match up "SNs" from your original batteries you would need to find another with a phone built the same month as yours to have even a slim chance.

That is why I suggested people compare the s/n of their original 1500mAH Vibrant battery. Most of us here have phones built in the same month or even the same day.

So far my s/n doesn't match the one posted by the user a few posts up. Checked my friends phone, her s/n on her original battery doesn't match mine either. Yet all the mobilecity s/n that people are buying do match. What are the odds of that?

I'm saying the mobilecity ones are fake, but who knows.

What's everyone elses s/n on their original battery?

DriftorX

Aug 21, 2010
I have three T959 in use with the family. But Ill get pics up of all of them to show the numbers.

Sent from my SGH-T989

aycee

Jan 21, 2011
I just looked at my battery which was in a Vibrant made in 07/2010 and all of the numbers on the front and back are the same.

Honestly, providing a distinct S/N on a battery seems pointless to me. I think the numbers do refer to batches, so if a recall is needed they can verify the battery qualifies.

I bought the "2300mAh" Andida, and the quotes are there because this battery most definitely does NOT provide 2300mAh. Not to mention it doesn't really fit well and causes my case to not close all the way.

I'm tempted to buy the batteries mentioned in this thread.

SamsungVibrant

Jul 23, 2010
I just looked at my battery which was in a Vibrant made in 07/2010 and all of the numbers on the front and back are the same.

Honestly, providing a distinct S/N on a battery seems pointless to me. I think the numbers do refer to batches, so if a recall is needed they can verify the battery qualifies.

I bought the "2300mAh" Andida, and the quotes are there because this battery most definitely does NOT provide 2300mAh. Not to mention it doesn't really fit well and causes my case to not close all the way.

I'm tempted to buy the batteries mentioned in this thread.

What do you mean the numbers on the front and back are the same? The point was to compare your original s/n on your original battery to the serial number that everyone else has on their original battery.

Personally, I think it makes more sense for Samsung to put individual serial numbers on each battery. Why? Because believe it or not these companies do make a lot of money off batteries, just like laptop manufacturers do. They would want to protect themselves from all the china made knockoffs that look identical. It is a lot easier to knock off a product that just has batch numbers, a lot harder to knock off individual serial numbers that can be traced when returned or sent in for warranty replacement.

Why is everyone acting like printing individual serial numbers is such a daunting task.

Easy as pie:
1) printer prints the sticky battery cover with a unique serial number and QR code/bar code.
2) battery goes down automated belt
3) robot puts sticker onto battery
4) laser scans QR code, storing serial number, as finished product goes down automated belt

Job done.

You guys are acting like someone is standing there doing the impossible task of writing each serial number by hand. There is that little bar code or QR code on each battery next to the s/n. Automated scanning, and boom done.

aycee

Jan 21, 2011
What do you mean the numbers on the front and back are the same? The point was to compare your original s/n on your original battery to the serial number that everyone else has on their original battery.

Sorry my reply was unclear, here is a clearer response:

The numbers on the front and back of my ORIGINAL BATTERY FROM SAMSUNG are the same as the numbers visible in the pictures posted by DriftorX.

I.E. Samsung is NOT using unique serial numbers for their 1500mAh batteries.

manus ferrera

Sep 16, 2009
Fort Lupton
Y does it matter if they are fake or this number that number when we get better battery life compared to stock battery shouldn't that be proof enough

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

SamsungVibrant

Jul 23, 2010
Ok I think I'm going to take the plunge and try one of these batteries. Does the Vibrant back cover still snaps into place snugly despite the battery being slightly larger?

I'm also considering buying the batter/charger combo, but this reviewer says it didn't fit his Nexus S. Don't the Nexus S and Vibrant use the same size battery?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-CGPK0...harger/dp/B005LBEA6I/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

here is the review:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-CGPK0...e=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addThreeStar

Will that item from Amazon fit the Vibrant, is the Nexus S different?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit goes to Rakeshchn for asking if this would even work, and for the link to the first battery for sale

Okay guys, there's a thread here about how the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch battery might fit the Vibrant with no need for a new back cover. The rumor is true. I have two of these batteries, and have verified that mine are legit, and they fit perfectly. My phone actually has never lasted so long on a single charge since I switched to CM7.1, and I won't be going back to any battery of less capacity for as long as I own my Vibrant!

Here is the official page for the battery from Samsung

Here is the website I purchased from.

NOTE: I have removed the note about my batteries being fakes because after some research I have determined that Samsung actually has no idea what a serial number is, and is actually putting batch numbers on their batteries, so having the same number isn't a bad sign.

Here is the official page for the Extra Battery plus Charger from Samsung

Here is a website that seems to have the battery charger combo in stock and is selling it for $10 cheaper than Samsung MSRP. I DON'T vouch for them yet, because I haven't purchased from them ever.

Enjoy!
    There's a few sellers on Amazon with them in stock, but they're a few dollars more than mobilecity. If you're in a rush for one, you could try there. Just search Epic 4g Touch Battery.

Good rule of thumb, Shaolin. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Also, that battery won't fit in our phones. It's for the other models of the Galaxy S, not the Epic 4G Touch.
    I noticed that my two 1800mAh batteries have the same serial number, so if anyone else purchased from mobilecityonline.com and cares to check, mine are both TH1B907FS/5-B

Sorry to anyone who bought these on my recommendation for leading you astray with this. I emailed mobilecityonline.com, and will let you know what I hear back if anything. And have updated OP.
    I just got my batteries and they dont work when they fit, I read on your technique but i cant really understand, do you think you could explain more in detail or post a video?

before you shave your battery slot, give this a try - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22664443&postcount=181

you just need a folded piece of paper