New ICS Leak!!! Time to rebase [3/16/2012]

Search This thread

Aremihc

Jun 15, 2010
So... Relocked my phone (was stock, rooted) got to bootloader, it loaded and checked the new PH98IMG.zip... then hung.....

Can't boot, can't get into bootloader.......

Any help?

Edit: nvm, pulled SD on a whim, got into hboot. Time to try again.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
So... Relocked my phone (was stock, rooted) got to bootloader, it loaded and checked the new PH98IMG.zip... then hung.....

Can't boot, can't get into bootloader.......

Any help?

Edit: nvm, pulled SD on a whim, got into hboot. Time to try again.

This is a 609 mb file it is checking, it will take longer than when it loads a kernel :)

madjokeer

Aug 10, 2006
after I fully updated with this new Leak, the 3G connection is only at 1 bar, 4g seems fine.. where there is a 3g connection my phone just goes to no signal. I checked all settings its at the auto CDMA+LTE/EvDo blah blah blah.. any ideas?

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I relocked the phone, put the 609mb file on the SD card, and told let HBoot find the file, asks if I want to install, I answer yes, and it did something for 30 seconds and then rebooted, got stuck at the white HTC screen. After 10 minutes I pulled the battery and am starting over.

I hope it doesn't brick the phone...

Last edited:

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
I relocked the phone, put the 60mb file on the SD card, and told let HBoot find the file, asks if I want to install, I answer yes, and it did something for 30 seconds and then rebooted, got stuck at the white HTC screen. After 10 minutes I pulled the battery and am starting over.

I hope it doesn't brick the phone...
Read the directions. That is what is supposed to happen

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman
You have to reboot the bootloader and let it finish the update. First time it updates hboot. Then the second time it finishes it

sent from ics land

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
After it hanging for almost 10 minutes I pulled the battery and started over. This time it found the file, I said yes to update, and it spent like 5 minutes going and unzipping and installing each of the 13 or so items and then said to press power to reboot, so I did. I just booted up and I am about to jump back to fastboot to unlock, then push Amon Ra and SU to the phone, then install the ROM.

Wish me luck!

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
so i guess i should pull my battery.

Here is what I did.

1) Put RUU on SD Card and name it correctly.
2) Reboot to Fastboot and relock the phone.
3) Reboot to HBoot and let it find the RUU and flash it.
4) After it reboots and hangs, wait several minutes and pull battery, start flashing again.
5) Boot into the OS, skip setup, make sure it works, then shut down.
6) Pull battery, reboot with Vol/Down and Power to get into HBoot, select Fastboot USB and unlock phone as per HTC instructions
7) Phone will reboot and boot into OS. Turn on USB Debugging and use Scott's CleanTool to install Amon Ra.
8) Boot into Recovery, wipe phone, cache, Dalvik and then install ROM and follow instructions.

Reactions: Cubs2008

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Here is what I did.

1) Put RUU on SD Card and name it correctly.
2) Reboot to Fastboot and relock the phone.
3) Reboot to HBoot and let it find the RUU and flash it.
4) After it reboots and hangs, wait several minutes and pull battery, start flashing again.
5) Boot into the OS, skip setup, make sure it works, then shut down.
6) Pull battery, reboot with Vol/Down and Power to get into HBoot, select Fastboot USB and unlock phone as per HTC instructions
7) Phone will reboot and boot into OS. Turn on USB Debugging and use Scott's CleanTool to install Amon Ra.
8) Boot into Recovery, wipe phone, cache, Dalvik and then install ROM and follow instructions.

thanks man, did the same and it worked :)

Glad you guys could get it sorted out!

Reactions: jayochs

Top Liked Posts