Cnet Prizefight-Prime vs. Ipad 2

Search This thread

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
School boards choosing iPads isn't a government subsidy.

who is paying for it? if it's a public school - the government is through our taxes - which is subsidizing apple in the same fashion we subsidized the housing market, the auto industry, insurance, and oil. It's government assistance going into the private sector.

Cozmo85

Jun 29, 2010
The government isn't assisting apple, they are buying products just like they buy pcs and toilet paper and chalkboards.

scsurface1

Oct 30, 2010
The government isn't assisting apple, they are buying products just like they buy pcs and toilet paper and chalkboards.

and you dont call that asssisting apple? people would be all up in arms if the government only bought exxon gas for the schools to use in their busses

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

scsurface1

Oct 30, 2010

the govt doesnt buy those things, they money to the states, states give it to the districts, and the districts buy wat they need from whoever they want to. if the government is buying ipads for everyone, then they are helping apple out. dont fool yourself into thinking they arent

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

di11igaf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 6, 2010
East Coast
If CNET Really wants to get me to click on their site and read some silly article, then give me a Prizefight of Apple Customer Service VS. Asus Customer Service.

That would be awesome.

It would be a TKO for Apple in the first round and Asus would be laid out on the mat.

Ask apple to give you a permanent jailbreak exploit, handed out by them cause the users asked for it. This is the equivelent of what asus did. Whether it voids the warranty or not, you cant deny that they didnt listen, and ill take that over the itard bar anyday.

Reactions: demandarin

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
New iPad vs Prime video. The real deal

Thought this was a pretty good unbiased review from zedomax on his new iPad vs his prime. So before some of you think about ditching your prime I think you should watch this 26 min vid.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: vakbrain

Danny-B-

May 6, 2005
Scotland
Thought this was a pretty good unbiased review from zedomax on his new iPad vs his prime. So before some of you think about ditching your prime I think you should watch this 26 min vid.

Theres nothing "unbiased" about this at all ... he heavily prefers the prime (as i do but thats not the point)

Its more of an IOS vs Android video anyway, hardly touches anything
to do with the prime .. only functions of android.

felisen

Feb 7, 2011
Theres nothing "unbiased" about this at all ... he heavily prefers the prime (as i do but thats not the point)

Its more of an IOS vs Android video anyway, hardly touches anything
to do with the prime .. only functions of android.

I agree. Video description should be: "Experience switching from android to ios."

Just as he pointed out ios users not knowing android, he doesn't know enough about ios. In the end it was an interesting video, I still love my prime! :)

xTRICKYxx

Jun 30, 2011
Jericho
www.youtube.com
No. This is a terrible video. This guy does not know a lot about iOS or Android. He is certainly biased.

In my opinion, Android and iOS both are pretty neck and neck.

Performance between the iPad (2012) and the Transformer Prime follows:

The A5X has two A9 cores @ 1.00 ghz.
The Tegra 3 has four A9 cores @ 1.2-1.7 ghz.

Processing power: Tegra 3 wins and is fairly close to newer dual core A15 chips.

GPU wise: The A5X wins hands down.

The main difference is the Prime has a nicer build quality, is thinner, pretty equal battery life (without the dock) but has a MUCH lower resolution.

The iPad 2012 has an incredibly high resolution that is pushing for newer high resolution screens.

I use Android and iOS every day. I cannot decide which I like more just like Mac OS X and Windows. Android fans should be happy about the new iPad because it just means more high-resolution screens for everybody. iOS fans should be happy for Android because it means iOS is going to get better.

and everyone should be excited for Windows 8 for ARM.

Reactions: epology

BUYMECAR

Dec 27, 2011
You're right... he doesn't know a good amount about iOS. I thought everyone knew about the split keyboard on iPad. Guess not. He also complains about the lack of Google-specific services while not comparing them to Apple-equivalent ones (Google music vs iTunes??)

But he does bring some important points on the iOS experience. We all know it. Android is levels beyond iOS. Apple knows it and their just too stubborn.

I honestly would've preferred him to do this video in Japanese. His Engrish isn't quite there yet.

Erusman

Aug 21, 2011
Yakima, WA
Nice vid. The points he goes over is exactly why I prefer Android (Transformer prime) over the iOS (iPad 3).
I have both tablets as well. And have used Android and iOS for awhile now.

Youtube on iOS just sucks. App needs to be redone.
Browsing in iOS is smooth and touch response is better. However Safari just doesn't function half the time on alot of sites.
etc etc etc.
New Retina display is really nice. Text is crisp. I prefer ibooks and etc on iPad.
Movies... even with Retina display. Movies are better on Prime. Better aspect ratio. etc.

Coming for a user who has both as well. All the reasons he points out is exactly why I use Android over iOS.

Reactions: bakihanna

Eddie Bombay

Jun 25, 2011
I noticed he was having a hard time with YouTube HD to work on ios, does iOS play HD by default? On some of the videos he was playing he couldn't really tell the difference.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I noticed he was having a hard time with YouTube HD to work on ios, does iOS play HD by default? On some of the videos he was playing he couldn't really tell the difference.

I don't think YouTube app on IOS plays HD by default. I have an Ipad and never noticed it saying HD or anything like Android version does. the videos look good but not as good as on prime.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

You're right... he doesn't know a good amount about iOS. I thought everyone knew about the split keyboard on iPad. Guess not. He also complains about the lack of Google-specific services while not comparing them to Apple-equivalent ones (Google music vs iTunes??)

But he does bring some important points on the iOS experience. We all know it. Android is levels beyond iOS. Apple knows it and their just too stubborn.

I honestly would've preferred him to do this video in Japanese. His Engrish isn't quite there yet.

good honest breakdown.

justwonder

Oct 29, 2008
San Rafael

Hmm, I thought he is Korean when I saw the Flag of South Korea on his table..

dmoney94

Jan 30, 2006
South Florida
No. This is a terrible video. This guy does not know a lot about iOS or Android. He is certainly biased.

In my opinion, Android and iOS both are pretty neck and neck.

Performance between the iPad (2012) and the Transformer Prime follows:

The A5X has two A9 cores @ 1.00 ghz.
The Tegra 3 has four A9 cores @ 1.2-1.7 ghz.

Processing power: Tegra 3 wins and is fairly close to newer dual core A15 chips.

GPU wise: The A5X wins hands down.

The main difference is the Prime has a nicer build quality, is thinner, pretty equal battery life (without the dock) but has a MUCH lower resolution.

The iPad 2012 has an incredibly high resolution that is pushing for newer high resolution screens.

I use Android and iOS every day. I cannot decide which I like more just like Mac OS X and Windows. Android fans should be happy about the new iPad because it just means more high-resolution screens for everybody. iOS fans should be happy for Android because it means iOS is going to get better.

and everyone should be excited for Windows 8 for ARM.

IOS can never be Neck to Neck to Android...

The Ipad hardware is good but IOS is garbage....

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
After watching this video, I have more respect for the more "Sophisticated" Android OS. He compared the OS on the 2 best tablets out in the market today. that Ipad interface was soo boring. As far as functionality and everything goes, Prime spanks the Ipad really bad. Android YouTube app is way better and loaded up faster. Android mail or gmail was better. even the Ipad browser loaded up slower. plus you seen how the touchscreen on the Ipad was sketchy. had to keep tapping several times to make something happen. This video was a horrible reminder of part of the reasons I love my prime more than my Ipad. Android OS just has alot more going on. plus ICS now makes things simple yet still has deep features. Especially on the multitasking. Ipad multitasking is a joke. I don't feel the video was biased. he compared all the major common apps people would use on both devices. That new Ipad n IOS 5 looks just like my ipad1 on IOS 4.2.1. no difference on the surface(aside from display resolution). Damn that Ipad looks so boring to use. I watched most of the video but got bored looking at that simple Ipad screen. Ipad is for the more simplistic person. Android is for the more complex and imaginative person.

ill never go back to Apple. my Ipad worked great for me for 2 years. But coming to Android has opened my eyes up to the fact that so much more can be done on a Android tablet right out the box. video clearly showed Prime the better device. even prime homescreen sailings was faster. plus I love the point he brought up about tablet apps on IOS. which was true. All in all, new Ipad looks like a bore to use. ill stick with my thinner, lighter, more advanced technology(tegra3 quad/5 core) having Transformer Prime.

on another note, haven't you noticed that the new Ipad hype has seemed to die down already. this new Ipad hype has Sizzler out the fastest out of all generations. seems like apple losing their touch. Especially with ipad2 owners not being impressed enough to upgrade. previous generations made you want to upgrade. not this one ;)

dmoney94

Jan 30, 2006
South Florida
I bought Ipad 2 this weekend and i have being playing around with all day..

i received a email containing a PDF file .on the native email i couldn't even see the attachment,so i downloaded the gmail app,now i see the attachment(PDF)

I cant save the file or print the file all i can do is open the file...

I dont know people are so happy with IOS....

Somebody tell why.....

justwonder

Oct 29, 2008
San Rafael
I bought Ipad 2 this weekend and i have being playing around with all day..

i received a email containing a PDF file .on the native email i couldn't even see the attachment,so i downloaded the gmail app,now i see the attachment(PDF)

I cant save the file or print the file all i can do is open the file...

I dont know people are so happy with IOS....

Somebody tell why.....

iBooks could solve your problems

epology

Jan 20, 2012
Only watched the first 10 minutes but I thought they were very biased. It was clear that this guy prefers the android experience to iOS. Also, comparing Google Apps on iOS and Android seems silly to me as it seems natural that Googles primary target will always be to provide the best viewing experience on devices running their own OS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After watching this video, I have more respect for the more "Sophisticated" Android OS. He compared the OS on the 2 best tablets out in the market today. that Ipad interface was soo boring. As far as functionality and everything goes, Prime spanks the Ipad really bad. Android YouTube app is way better and loaded up faster. Android mail or gmail was better. even the Ipad browser loaded up slower. plus you seen how the touchscreen on the Ipad was sketchy. had to keep tapping several times to make something happen. This video was a horrible reminder of part of the reasons I love my prime more than my Ipad. Android OS just has alot more going on. plus ICS now makes things simple yet still has deep features. Especially on the multitasking. Ipad multitasking is a joke. I don't feel the video was biased. he compared all the major common apps people would use on both devices. That new Ipad n IOS 5 looks just like my ipad1 on IOS 4.2.1. no difference on the surface(aside from display resolution). Damn that Ipad looks so boring to use. I watched most of the video but got bored looking at that simple Ipad screen. Ipad is for the more simplistic person. Android is for the more complex and imaginative person.

ill never go back to Apple. my Ipad worked great for me for 2 years. But coming to Android has opened my eyes up to the fact that so much more can be done on a Android tablet right out the box. video clearly showed Prime the better device. even prime homescreen sailings was faster. plus I love the point he brought up about tablet apps on IOS. which was true. All in all, new Ipad looks like a bore to use. ill stick with my thinner, lighter, more advanced technology(tegra3 quad/5 core) having Transformer Prime.

on another note, haven't you noticed that the new Ipad hype has seemed to die down already. this new Ipad hype has Sizzler out the fastest out of all generations. seems like apple losing their touch. Especially with ipad2 owners not being impressed enough to upgrade. previous generations made you want to upgrade. not this one ;)
    Troll

Oh, and send your Prime in for an RMA wait 21 day's for bad wifi and bluetooth and get one back that has worse wifi, bluetooth and oh yea it also freezes and locks up!!!! ( DING DING)

Troll Award! DING DING!!! :D
    What exactly happened with your device? Is it unusable at all right now? If you sent it in for RMA b4, send it back. If they can't get the issue right they will give you a new tablet. Just let them know how frustrated you are that you had to wait so long for first RMA only to get it back in worse condition. Plus there is a hardware fix/check the service centers will perform now to make sure your wifi antennae is connected properly or that the foil didn't shift. Needed supplies are being shipped to all service centers now.

I sent it in for the wifi and bluetooth issue. To make a long story short they gave me a new one C10 and I have the same problem but worse. Also going to .14 made it freeze put .15 on today seems to have fixed freeze. I know this update was not for wifi and bluetooth, GPS. Anyway I told Asus I was still having the problems they said call in two weeks they have a fix I could RMA at that time. So I hope you see my frustrations thats why I got pissed at the moron that said troll when I posted. Just venting sorry
    I will pitch in my experience with the iPad 2 here as well;

One of the biggest reasons I bought a tablet was to replace my laptop for multimedia and web browsing use. I used to connect my laptop to my HDTV and stream movies and TV shows (NOT from iTunes, shh:D). But I always found my laptop to be kind of heavy to carry around and battery life was a joke (only 3 hours).
    (PLEASE NOTE: I HAD NOT OWNED ANY APPLE PRODUCT PRIOR TO THIS).
    So, I went in and bought the iPad 2 when it was first launched. Right out of the box, I was met with the setup screen and was very happy with the fluid animation and user friendly layout. The web browser was also top notch, very fluid and smooth. However, 5 mins in, and I was feeling like a total dumba*s. Turns out none of the variations of HDMi cables I owned (mini, micro, full size) was compatible with the iPad 2 and I had to invest in an additional $50 for the Apple's HDMI cable. TO make things worse, the web browser could not play any online movie/tv show streams (couldn't convert to HTML5 either, upto this day). And to my amazing surprise, I couldn't transfer any of my crap by the USB cable (I was completely unaware that iPad needed iTunes for even the most basic file transfer), because I was honestly expecting to do so since this has been the most basic feature of ANY handheld device for years. So, I couldn't transfer any of my engineering PDF ebooks through USB. To add to the amazing experience, I thought of transferring my files to my phone's SD card, but turns iPad 2 also lacked a microSD port.
    iPad 2 refused to connect to any of my much needed SSH FTP servers, it refused any bluetooth file sharing with my laptop or my phone, and I couldn't figure out how to connect my TVersity server or my Windows media server (Once again, I was not aware that iPad 2 was only able to share media with iTunes).

Hell, so much for the full tablet experience. I do admit, the casual web browsing on the iPad was something out of this world. IT was very fluid and smooth, but lacked functionality. The entire device lacked a lot of basic functionality.

I then returned the iPad 2. My brother bought the galaxy tab 10.1 a month later, but being very unsatisfied by tablets I decided to stick with my laptop.

And now, a few weeks back, I decided to give the Prime a shot.
    Right out of the box; Fully compatible with my micro HDMI cable, web browser played all flash streams, I was able to transfer all of my files just by popping in USB and waiting for maybe 15 seconds for drivers to install. I was able to transfer files very happily using the bluetooth with my phone and laptop, also connected my TVersity and Windows media server using built in MyNet app, also connect to my SSH FTP servers (used ES file explorer), and not to mention gave me twice the storage, a superior wider screen, an amazing rear camera with flash and a *usable* front camera. I had no wifi or bt issues with my prime, only had slight lightbleed. For those complaining about GPS, iPad 2 wifi didn't even have GPS to begin with.

The web browser is not as smooth, but the Dolphin browser filled my appetite for a smooth browser experience with full flash capabilities (it still lacks full screen flash video :mad:). Overall, I am so happy with the transformer prime. Its been almost 3 weeks, and I have not even touched my laptop. Barely even use my PC anymore (I typed this on my prime with dock).

So there, you have it. My tablet experience.

Awesome demandarin. I love reading your comments. You always hit the nail right on the head. iOS is a major bore to use.