[ROM] MSI Windpad Enjoy 7 & 10: Root + Bloatware Removed

Search This thread

chippy6530

Aug 30, 2010
Cape Town
www.stuff.za.net
any one have a cifs.ko module for the 2440 firmware?

Anyone have any idea where I could get a cifs.ko (and other modules its dependant on) kernel module for the kernel used in the 0224 release - 2.6.32.27_MSI ? (I'm busy googling but haven't found anything yet...)

Either that or the kernel source that MSI would've used so that I can build my own?

I want to mount samba shares on my tablet.

PS: Because 0224 can be rooted with Gingerbreak it seems pointless to upload the massive firmware image.

Reactions: Spyral-RSA

edgar28

Apr 15, 2011

black_zerg

Dec 22, 2010
install SD card

is there anyone has installed a SD card on the 10' ? I still haven't figured out how. I can see there is a 'Micro SD Card Slot', but have no idea how to use|open it.

Last edited:

r3load3d_AU

Mar 11, 2012
is there anyone has installed a SD card on the 10' ? I still haven't figured out how. I can see there is a 'Micro SD Card Slot', but have no idea how to use|open it.

Next to the power/volume buttons there is a tab on the back of the tablet that can be pulled open (it's quite difficult the first time). Under that is a MicroSD slot.

black_zerg

Dec 22, 2010
can anyone please post a picture about how to open it? I know I need to pull that cover but don't know which is the right direction and I am so afraid of breaking it.

Never mind I got it open! well that wasn't easy, nearly broke my finger nails

Last edited:

lact0se

Mar 16, 2011
14°.40'N | 121°03'E
if you are following the thread, you will know that root uninstaller will not work with earlier ROM. That is because is uses cramfs which is read only even if you root it.

the 0224 ROM uses an ext2 or ext3 file system which can be manipulated with root access.

well, that is how I understand it anyways

hope this helps...

Last edited:
Reactions: goldiecalypso

dr_hawarey

Jul 7, 2009
Tried the new official rom , and got my tab faster , rooted , solved market problem , and still arabic enabled :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Spyral-RSA

Oct 2, 2010
Aberdeen
google search

Hi All

Can someone please backup the google search within (firmware 0224) with root uninstaller and upload it for me I made a booboo:eek: and deleted it now the search soft key dont work

Thank you

EDIT: Thank you I came right just restored google search with root uninstaller

Last edited:

black_zerg

Dec 22, 2010
2.3 is not bad

I think the current 2.3 is not bad unless other version has better performance/function support. So far based on what I heard ics is not very stable yet and has comparability issues with devices|apps.

Has anyone tried using usb or bluetooth mouse ? since it has HDMI, I want to use it as a TV box.

I heard android doesn't support HID profile. is there any fix?

BTW, with chainfire3d the shadowgun can run smoothly on my 10", which is an awesome game. And samurai II can run very well even without chanfire3d

Weazelza

Mar 16, 2012
Cape Town
For those of you still looking for the 64bit INF files I've uploaded them to the following links:

Vista: mediafire.com/?pkr7oqxop0ts4fa
Windows 7: mediafire.com/?c11u4ahb812he0w

Sorry that i didn't add them as HTML link but unfortunately I'm a new user and it's not allowed.

I hope that helps. :)

lact0se

Mar 16, 2011
14°.40'N | 121°03'E

rjalbuna

Oct 4, 2010
chinese???

1. download the official 0224 firmware and tool from MSI here:
http://event.msi.com/nb/enjoy/enjoy7.html#/?div=Firmware

The guide is included in the tool

2. Download the driver here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/2IHe5Sho/Driver.html

3. Flash the new firmware

4. Root you device using gingerbreak 1.2 here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

5. Remove unwanted apps using various root tools

6. ENJOY!

hi,

i managed to download the firmware 0224.. is it ok for the firmware to be in chinese???

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

i managed to update my firmware... have already downloaded the gingerbreak but whenever i try to "install" gingerbreak 1.2 apk, the error "parsing package" comes out.... what should i do? is there any other way to root the device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. Here is a rooted stock ROM (firmware) with bloatware (extraneous apps) removed for the MSI Windpad Enjoy 7" and 10".

MSI Windpad Enjoy 7"
    mediafire.com/?5bvurbrqtxn8qny

MSI Windpad Enjoy 10"
    mediafire.com/?wrem1b1511aki36

HOWTO Install:

1. Download the correct file for your Windpad
    2. Rename the file to update.img
    3. Connect your Windpad to your computer
    4. Enable USB storage mode
    5. Copy the update.img to your Windpad's storage
    6. Eject your windpad from the computer, then turn off USB storage
    7. A popup will appear asking if you wish to install the update. Click Install.
    8. Sit back, relax and wait for your ROM to finish installing.
    9. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE DEVICE OR REMOVE POWER/USB WHILST THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING. DOING SO COULD RESULT IN A BRICK.

Please note: although I have tested the 10" version I have not tested the 7" version although the process to create the ROM was exactly the same as the 10". I am also in no way responsible if you stuff up the install and brick your device.

Removed Apps:

Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_dutnl_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_enggb_MSI_1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_engus_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_freca_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_frefr_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_gerde_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_itait_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_rusru_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_spaes_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_spamx_MSI_v1_4.apk
    Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_turtr_MSI_v1_4.apk
    AnPrint3.1.apk
    Asphalt5_MSI_N0Y1_ML_IGP_-MSI_Tnb_MP_MS_GLLive_105.apk
    ASTRO_2_5_3-85-yd.apk
    BooksProvider.apk
    DungeonHunter_MSI_N0Y1_ML_IGP_MSI_Full_GLLive_109.apk
    Explorer.apk
    flashplayer
    Free_HD_Games_MSI_N0Y1_Widget_EN_FVGL_TS_100.apk
    Fuugo_TYR_PID101_FA130_noexpire.apk
    HeroOfSparta_MSI_N0Y1_ML_IGP_MSI_Global_GLLive_100.apk
    kickback.apk
    PassionQuickOffice.apk
    PowerDVD-PDA110613_02-2.0.2549.apk
    RkApkinstaller_0710.apk
    RKEBookReader.apk
    signed_YouTube2.3.apk
    Skype.apk
    soundback.apk
    SoundHound-Freemium-MSI-release.apk
    Street.apk
    talkback.apk
    TimeSync.apk
    yozooffice_1719_MSI.apk
    As requested ROM image + instructions + removed APK's for Enjoy7

Hi Guys,

I've built a cleaned ROM image based off the 0224 MSI image and uploaded it for those of you who requested it. (Got the firmware version number wrong in my original post)

Once again special thanks to everyone else in this thread who's hard work made this possible.

Just a quick warning this is for the MSI Windpad Enjoy 7", I don't own a 10" so I have no idea if the steps are the same (I assume they are). This is my first rooting of a device and first ROM image and 2nd post on XDA-Developers so please be careful with my instructions I may have gotten something a little wrong.

Instructions are as follows:

You'll need the following:
    • Windows PC (I'm using a machine running Vista)
    • Some flavour of Linux (Ubuntu in my case but other *nix's should work).
    • The 0224 image from MSI for your tablet.
    • Wendal's tools
    • Some patience, some linux knowledge and an hour or two.

Unzip all your tools into a folder, copy the update.img file from the 0224 image and place it in the folder with the Wendal tools and rename it to wendal.img and run the RunMe.bat (Same as rooting the original firmware). Select option 1 - Unpack and let it unpack everything.

You'll see that it gives a few errors about not being able to run cramfsck against the file and then not being able to copy the su and SuperUser.apk files across or being able to chmod it. This is because unlike the previous firmware, the new system.img is an ext2 file system. (Previous one was cramfs) In theory we could modify Wendal's tools to work with the ext2 filesystem if we can find something that will mount it under Windows. It was easier though for me to just use my linux machine.

Once that's done copy the system.img file over to your linux machine along with su and SuperUser.apk from Wendal's tools.

Now you'll need to do the following from a Linux command prompt as root (sudo).

mount -o loop system.img /media/system​

*The above command mounts the system.img file to /media/system (make sure this folder exists)

Next run the following commands as root, these are taken from Wendal's code (rk29xx_rom_tools.lua):

cp su /media/system/bin/
    cp Superuser.apk /media/system/app/
    chmod -R 0777 /media/system/*
    chmod 6755 /media/system/bin/su
    chmod 6755 /media/system/app/Superuser.apk​

*The above commands assume you're in the folder that you placed the su & Superuser.apk files and that you mounted system.img to /media/system

Once you've done that remove whatever APK's you want from the /media/system/app/ folder.

Next unmount the system.img filesystem by using the following command as root:

unmount /media/system​

Wait for it to finish and transfer your system.img back to your windows machine. Overwrite the one that Wendal's tool unpacked from the image and then select option 2-Pack from Wendal's tool.

Wait for Wendal's tool to complete and copy & rename wendal_new.img to update.img

Follow Spyral-RSA's instructions here (Post 71 of this thread) and then upgrade your tablet.

Sorry about the long instructions, hope it all makes sense.

I'm uploading a rom image including the remove APK's built using the above steps and will edit this post with a link as soon as its done.
    1. download the official 0224 firmware and tool from MSI here:
    http://event.msi.com/nb/enjoy/enjoy7.html#/?div=Firmware

The guide is included in the tool

2. Download the driver here:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/2IHe5Sho/Driver.html

3. Flash the new firmware

4. Root you device using gingerbreak 1.2 here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

5. Remove unwanted apps using various root tools

6. ENJOY!
    Gingerbreak Works

Hi all, I used gingerbreak on the new firmware and it work. Su and superuser installed.
    @lact0se

Yes very nice rom and free ram 256mb if we could remove the bloatware and original keyboard then this rom is a keep

How to install update rom:
    1. download the latest firmware from MSI (http://event.msi.com/nb/enjoy/enjoy7.html#/?div=Firmware) for enjoy7
    2. download burning tool (http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/frm_exe/burningtool.zip)
    3. download rockchip 2918 driver (http://2shared.com/file/2IHe5Sho/Driver.html)
    4. uncompress all files that are zip
    5. you will see the instructions in burning tool after unzip

Flashing part enjoy7:
    1. connect tab to pc
    2.hold the volume + button (until step6) and hit the reset button
    3. windows will now search for drivers show windows to the rockchip 2918 driver folder
    4. Run burning tool in admin mode
    5.You will see burning tool show ICON 1 in green
    6. Release volume + button now
    7. Now hit UPGRADE

after upgrade completes tablet will reboot on its own wait untill you see your android desktop then you can unplug

Hope you understand
    Spyral