Search This thread

Koizuma

Account currently disabled
Jun 6, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
I'm looking for some ideas on cases for the sgs2, just ordered mine yesterday and should be here sometime next week so I'm wanting to shop around for a decent case that gives great protection and not much bulk. Right now on my captivate I run an otterbox commuter case that I really love, bit not entirely sure on the commuter design for the sgs2. So any feed back on the different cases that everyone likes would be much appreciated.

Swyped from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

The Acclude

Jul 23, 2007
loving my otter box commuter (for the international). Sucks I may need to find a new one..have to order a new extended battery quick for sxsw...

wified

Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
SGP Neo Hybrid EX

I've tried a LOT of different cases, more than I'd like to admit. This is the one you want - light weight, protects well, has the best screen protector included, if you need one (I don't use it, but I don't put my phone in my pocket with keys). It's also very durable - you won't need another case after this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005O50ON4

The one thing that you have to do is to make a hole in it, which isn't too difficult. Instructions are in this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1303949

IVIadness

Nov 30, 2010
loving my otter box commuter (for the international). Sucks I may need to find a new one..have to order a new extended battery quick for sxsw...
Same on the commuter, not sure why people need a new battery I get 15-20 hours with heavy use and a 3-4 hour screen time. I use Entropy's Daily and setCPU to underclock when screen is locked.. On a low use day I can go 24 hours+

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
I love the commuter for i777. Great case, adds very little bulk. Does add some weight but it's not bad at all. Already saved from a few drops haha. Everything is easily accessible too. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Koizuma

Jun 6, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
Gives me some insight on some cases :)

my only real concern for the otterbox was how the hard shell doesn't cover the corners of the phone with the hard shell part of it, I love the commuter case i got on my cappy but theres been a few times that i dropped it and it landed on one of those corners. zhow thick is the silicon on the corners on the SGS2 commuter?

sam_i777_ottor_commuter_blk_v2.jpg

from this picture of the cases doesnt look to protected on the corners of it :p

IVIadness

Nov 30, 2010
Gives me some insight on some cases :)

my only real concern for the otterbox was how the hard shell doesn't cover the corners of the phone with the hard shell part of it, I love the commuter case i got on my cappy but theres been a few times that i dropped it and it landed on one of those corners. zhow thick is the silicon on the corners on the SGS2 commuter?

sam_i777_ottor_commuter_blk_v2.jpg

from this picture of the cases doesnt look to protected on the corners of it :p

It's pretty thick and it feels incredibly solid, I have dropped it many times without issues..

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
The corners are pretty thick. They're flush with the plastic part on mine. And the silicon protrudes past the screen so it shouldn't ever land on the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

sawah

Mar 24, 2010
I have an incipio ngp (power button too hard to press), a ringke slim, and a matte smoke from diztronic. The smoke is my favorite and has cutouts for everything including the power button.

TreborRis

Feb 23, 2011
Not loving the Otterbox

So, I've had the Otterbox Commuter for at least a month and there are a few things that are not great about it (to the point that I'm beginning to look for a new case):

1. It gets very "linty" when in your pocket (such that I remove the case when I travel on business)
  2. The rubber is very soft and pliable; to the point of pulling loose when removing the phone from my pocket
  3. There is no rubber on the back, so it slides when on a desk or dashboard

I'm sure these points are just me being picky :rolleyes:

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
So, I've had the Otterbox Commuter for at least a month and there are a few things that are not great about it (to the point that I'm beginning to look for a new case):

1. It gets very "linty" when in your pocket (such that I remove the case when I travel on business)
  2. The rubber is very soft and pliable; to the point of pulling loose when removing the phone from my pocket
  3. There is no rubber on the back, so it slides when on a desk or dashboard

I'm sure these points are just me being picky :rolleyes:

The lint is pretty annoying I agree, I like the case a lot but it gets to be ridiculous sometimes. I already have a case in mind if I were to get another

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

tiernan22

Nov 14, 2011
I love my Rearth case. Follows the contours of the phone well, low profile, everything's accessible, and slides into my pocket easily.

Koizuma

Jun 6, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
thanks for the input guys, i did a bit of research and after playing around with the case that came with the phone and its material was like the incipio ngp but had a hard plastic backing with a little stand thing that snaps in and out. Iended up ordering a incipio ngp in black.

Normally i would of went for the otterbox, but on my captivate the rubber shell was stretching out and i didnt have it all that long.

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
I Using a TPU case and I love the material its made from. Very thin and sturdy!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

WD333

Aug 31, 2010
SGP

After numerous hours of reading the forums and reviews on-line, I just ordered the SGP Neo Hybrid EX Series (Satin Silver) from Amazon. It looks like a good case that provides some protection but keeps the slim feel of the phone, the battery cover remains exposed for ease of access and it comes with a decent screen protector from what I've read. I know I'll have to modify the top of the case in order to create a hole for the noise-canceling mic since the case was made for the international version. Hopefully the hot nail/needle trick works.

afk47

Oct 11, 2011
I'm using the casemate with the plastic shell and rubber insert. I wish the plastic shell also covered the top and bottom, but it doesn't. This leaves the rubber insert to bend freely and sometimes rub against clothing and such. Just a minor inconvenience.

PatriotXT92

Apr 23, 2011
New York
I'm using the casemate with the plastic shell and rubber insert. I wish the plastic shell also covered the top and bottom, but it doesn't. This leaves the rubber insert to bend freely and sometimes rub against clothing and such. Just a minor inconvenience.

I have the same case which is the case mate pop case. So far its been the best that I have tried. I've had it since I got my phone in October and the only thing I don't like is how it is starting to stretch a bit near the volume rocker and power button areas. It has the right amount of protection and isn't too big.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BodyGlove

I wish BodyGlove made a case for the SGS II similar to their Mirage case for the Captivate. I still think that was the best case out there. It was not a lint magnet, it was easy to remove, it didn't stretch/sag even after numerous times taking it off and putting it back on and it kept the slim feel of the phone.
    I have the same case which is the case mate pop case. So far its been the best that I have tried. I've had it since I got my phone in October and the only thing I don't like is how it is starting to stretch a bit near the volume rocker and power button areas. It has the right amount of protection and isn't too big.

I second this. Its a great, simple, cheap case. It not bulky but it helps keep this thin phone from slipping out of your hand.
    Incipio NGP Case - SA-229 (Tip of the Day):

For the hard pressing button issue, I simply took a razor blade and trimmed the volume and power button bumpers out completely exposing both.

Recessed, but responsive and easily accessible.

**If you don't want to completely expose the buttons, take that same razor blade and just scour the recessed lines of the cover buttons. This will allow a bit more flexibility when pressing.
    I got the Case-Mate Tough case a month ago when I got my sgs2. So far I've really liked it. Its kind of like the casemate pop but slightly less bulky. Its perfect for what I need it for. It has two layers of protection, feels great in the hand, looks nice, fits VERY well n snug, and overall an awesome case that I got for $15 shipped new on Amazon.

Some pros would be
    - hard to get on so if u like swapping cases every other day it could be annoying
    - the silicon part attracts white powder n lint
    - headphone Jack doesn't line up perfectly but it shouldn't hinder anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA
    I got the case mate pop from att. Didn't like it. Still sitting in my bag.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium