[DEODEXED][P6210][WiFi][KK3][Flashable Zip]System Files (Update 12/30/2011)

Search This thread

Zadeis

Dec 31, 2011
Question

OK I would like to ask something (even though I am currently lacking my tablet since it died on the inside recently) the term deodexed means what?
What exactly does this rom do? I mostly ask due to curiosity and me maybe trying it when I get my tablet back from Samsung.
I'm trying to learn more and more about Android since this is my first Android device so yes I am a noob of sorts but I'm getting there :D so don't hurt me ._.

RivenSky

Apr 23, 2010
Seattle
OK I would like to ask something (even though I am currently lacking my tablet since it died on the inside recently) the term deodexed means what?
What exactly does this rom do? I mostly ask due to curiosity and me maybe trying it when I get my tablet back from Samsung.
I'm trying to learn more and more about Android since this is my first Android device so yes I am a noob of sorts but I'm getting there :D so don't hurt me ._.

I was actually just wondering the same thing. I'll refer you to this link I found:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-odex-and-deodex-in-android-complete-guide/

Reactions: DragonMama

Zadeis

Dec 31, 2011
Ah OK so this is what allows UI customization. OK so now my next question is say I made a modification would I have to flash a new rom just for the modification or can modifications be swapped out on the fly somehow?

If it's the case of you need to flash it every time... Seems like a whole lota work just to make something look pretty :confused:

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
You can swap out on the fly. Say you edit some images in the framework or systemui or whatever for that matter and want to see them. You need to learn ADB. Android debug bridge. It makes things so much easier. You can copy them out using root explorer or pull them using adb. For instance.

Adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

Type that in a command line to pull your framework to make changes.

If you want to see it in real time, you will need a ro.secure=0 kernel, which garyd9s is. And in real time navigate to you adb folder using a command prompt.

Adb remount - this mounts the system for writing
Adb shell stop
adb push what-ever-apk-you-edited.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk and it will over write the current framework with the one you edited.
Adb shell start.
Adb reboot. Upon reboot you will see the changes. And wither you messed it up lol or its all good to go.

Seems like a lot but once you get it all down its really quite simple.

Cool thing about adb is you can name the file whatever you want, for instance. Framework-Res_battery.apk. then when pushing it back to the phone, it will rename it to framework-res.apk, see the line above.

Hope this explains some stuff lol.

Sent from my ICS powered Galaxy S2

Reactions: Zadeis

Zadeis

Dec 31, 2011
Thank you very much that's what I wanted know know really. Just gotta wait until Samsung sends me back my tablet so I can continue messing with things now :D

f1ux

Jan 2, 2011
I may be being blind here, but i can't see what firmware version these deodexed system files are from?

I thought it was a script to run that would de-odex the firmware running on your tab at the moment but the download link is 300MB?

RivenSky

Apr 23, 2010
Seattle
I think I'm finally ready to take the big leap and root and flash this. Thanks in advance for your hard work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally got these all loaded up, this will de-odex all of your /system/app and /system/framework folders.

MAKE SURE YOU PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS, IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, JUST RESTORE THE SYSTEM.IMG PART OF THE BACKUP AND TRY AGAIN. IF THIS SCREWS UP YOUR DEVICE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, NEITHER IS CHRISROTOLO. YOU TAKE ALL THE RISKS OF MODDING YOUR OWN DEVICE.

Ok, now that we have covered that, instructions.

DOWNLOAD

MD5 :: 32793691755CA374AD728FA3D385A3A0
    thanks to M1m3R

The initial reboot will take a minute of two, do not worry, let it do its thing. If SHOULD stay on the SAMSUNG logo, if the boot animation keeps playing over and over something went wrong, and you will need to flash it again.

The files in the zip are 100% stock. If you wish to apply my theme then see the second post.

Please feel free to ask any questions, or hit me up on GTalk - antiochasylum@gmail.com.
    If you wish to apply my theme for the WIFI only version, once loading up these files, go here

screen_20111224_1624_1-1.png

screen_20111224_1623-1.png

screen_20111224_1624-1.png

Some of the images were borrowed from different themes around xda. The unlock circle was kanged from the 10.1 forums. I will get around to changing the soft key buttons as soon as I can get the battery mod working. Working on that now, will probably be a few days before I will be able to get it up and going however.
    Anyone have any luck with a working updater script for this device?
    Yes. My CWM Recoveries all use updater scripts (edify) to install. I've sent a message to the OP and will help him wrap this in a simple update.zip over the long weekend.

take care
    Gary
    Wow a rom and its themed perfectly! I have a question before I try to flash it using ADB. I installed sdk and kies and when I installed sdk I moved everything from my platform tools directory into my tools directory. I needed fastboot mode to root my nexus s. Do I have everything I need to use adb when installing this rom using adb? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

Yes as long as adb sees the device your fine. And the # signs are just symbols meaning you have SU access. After each command you press enter. Everytine you press enter it will repeat each step then follow it up a # sign, once you see the # sign type the next step.

Sent from my Insanity powered SGS2
    i'm in canada , this was stock os on here the 6210 when i got it 4 days ago , all i did was root it and load up cwm. was hopin to get deodex but no luck yet.

That might be it. Different locations are provided/updated with different firmware.

There are lots of "ROM kitchens" that can be installed that can deodex your FS/apps for you. I would help you, but I'm kind of busy fixing/setting up my system to help out with CM9.

Someone will help you eventually. If not, I'll come back once I have some spare time and help you out.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using XDA Premium HD app