• Right

Votes: 105 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

orangerot.

Jan 9, 2012
Stuttgart
Hi. Sorry for hijacking your thread but I really need some help.
I am trying to mod phone.apk to make that black rectangle transparent. I have attached a picture to see what I mean.
I decompile the apk, change what I want and then recompile, but after flashing to my galaxy s, when I try to use the phone, I get a Voice calls not allowed error.
What am I doing wrong?

Can someoane decompile it and change in Phone.apk\res\layout\incall_touch_ui.xml :

Replace:
<com.android.internal.widget.multiwaveview.MultiWaveView android:id="@id/incomingCallWidget" android:background="@android:color/black" .......

with:
<com.android.internal.widget.multiwaveview.MultiWaveView android:id="@id/incomingCallWidget" android:background="@android:color/transparent"

and recompile it.

Please, I really can't do it for some reason.

Thanks and sorry for off topic.

Are you sure that you have to do it like this? Did you get any errors while compiling your apk? Did you correctly delete the ressources.arsc and the XML File from the keep folder if you are using APK.Manager? Usually a UI tweak doesn't affect the function of the App. I don't know what should be diffrent if someone else compiles it. Just check if you did every thing correctly.. And it's no problem to post it here as it would be great if it works. Maybe it can be included in the next mod..

edit: tried to compile it for you. I get a long list of errors.. You get some errors too?

edit2: tried it with an older Apk-tool as the newest sometime causes some issues on compiling. This time it worked. As attachment you can find my phone.apk with the changed line. But you have to build your own .zip i don't have the time for it now. You have to rename it from unsignedphone.apk to phone.apk i forgot to do it, sry. Please tell me if it worked as i'm interested in it to.. From which rom the apk is from?

Attachments

• unsignedPhone.apk
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

cturcu2004

Jan 27, 2012
Craiova
It works !!!!!

Thanks. You're a life saver.

It works perfectly. I just put it in a zip and install it from recovery. It works exactly how it should.

If I try with APK Multitool, I can decompile it, but when I try to recompile, I get about 7 java errors.
If I use APK Manager 5.0.2, I can decompile it, and recompile it back without any errors, but when I flash it to the phone, I get that wierd error.

I tryed compile it as a system app answering yes to the both questions and deleting from keep folder the file that I modified and resources.asrc file.

Can you tell me please with what application did you decompile it and compile it back, and with what options. I'm just curious why mine didn't work.

Thanks again for helping me.
Have a nice day.

orangerot.

Jan 9, 2012
Stuttgart
No problem ;) I used Apk Manager 5.x(dont know exactly). But I've done this two things with the APK-Manager:
-deleted the original aapt.exe in /others and copied the one from the platform tools folder in from the sdk(has to be done if you work with ics apps)
-(de)compiled with Apk-tool 1.4.1 instead of 1.4.3 as the newer version sometimes causes some errors. Just delete the Apkttool.jar in /others and download 1.4.1 from the apk tool webite and paste it in /other

afterwards everything should work fine..

edit:// I've put it in a .zip too now. I attached it so everyone can use the transparent incoming call screen ;) Just flash in CWM, and only on CM9 B17. and sry perka for posting it here... But in my opiniion it's a fantastic addition to the Perka Mod..

Attachments

• phone_transparent_incoming_call.zip
    1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Perka

Sep 15, 2010
No problem ;) I used Apk Manager 5.x(dont know exactly). But I've done this two things with the APK-Manager:
-deleted the original aapt.exe in /others and copied the one from the platform tools folder in from the sdk(has to be done if you work with ics apps)
-(de)compiled with Apk-tool 1.4.1 instead of 1.4.3 as the newer version sometimes causes some errors. Just delete the Apkttool.jar in /others and download 1.4.1 from the apk tool webite and paste it in /other

edit:// I've put it in a .zip too now. I attached it so everyone can use the transparent incoming call screen ;) Just flash in CWM, and only on CM9 B17. and sry perka for posting it here... But in my opiniion it's a fantastic addition to the Perka Mod..

great! post how much you want guys :)

orangerot.

Jan 9, 2012
Stuttgart
great! post how much you want guys :)

Okay thank you! Maybe it can be directly included in the Perka Mod so people don't need to flash 2 files to get all the features. If you admit I'll upload a bundled version with PerkaMod and the transparent incoming call screen?
I made the modifications that you recomended. I hope it will work.
Thanks.

No Problem ;) If it doesn't work you can ask again maybe we'll find another solution...

orangerot.

Jan 9, 2012
Stuttgart
Okay thanks. I've attached a bundled version now which contains the Perka Mod and the transparent incoming call screen. So you don't have to flash twice if you want both features ;)

Attachments

• PerkaMod_CM9_B17_by_orangerot._and_transparent_incoming_call.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 24

F.West98

Jan 27, 2012
Zuidhorn (Groningen)
I've got a zip with Reloaded and Perkamod in one!
It has the CMStyle battery and blue/white power toggles. Also it has a 'recent'-button.
You can flash different battery-icons and powertoggle colors with metamorph, it will work
Screenshots:
full.png

full.png

ONLY CM9 BUILD 17

ZIP:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kxk370kbo32wbi8

Thx to orangerot for help

cturcu2004

Jan 27, 2012
Craiova

After making those modifications, it works like a charm to decompile and compile with APK Manager. It works even on the phone.
Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Jan 14, 2012
Moscow
-//-
the answer is found. Please delete my post.

Question was about "transparent incoming call screen"
I don't see that photo of calling people aren't cut.

Attachments

• shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

mindphaser2k9

May 21, 2009
Poltava
Does anybody know how to fix the issue with transparent phone mod, it looks on my phone like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-21-13-17-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-21-13-17-55.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts