[ ROM ] Stock Rooted FC18 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ]

Search This thread

rob97ss

Sep 16, 2010
long island.Ny
Replaced zImage in zip file with FC07 repacked kernel and flashed away.
Worked like a charm.
If someone one try this build without loosing the recovery just go for it.
I flashed over my FC15 rom without wiping anything. All data is in tackt and all apps working fine.
Just a heads up.

Do u add jus the zimage from Fc07 kernel or the whole zip??

Bobby O'S Epic Touch....

Dchibro

Jul 28, 2011
San Diego, CA
I just want to be able to play my Lord of the Rings audiobook in my car via Bluetooth without a hot reboot and Bluetooth disconnect every 20 minutes. Here's to hoping with FC18!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

weboide

Dec 5, 2011
Can I just use the auto-root to get CWM? Is that going to change the kernel or no?

Radical-J

Jun 29, 2010
Replaced zImage in zip file with FC07 repacked kernel and flashed away.
Worked like a charm.
If someone one try this build without loosing the recovery just go for it.
I flashed over my FC15 rom without wiping anything. All data is in tackt and all apps working fine.
Just a heads up.

Really??? You got Sprint TV Working???

spankmaster

Nov 22, 2009
Marietta
I just want to be able to play my Lord of the Rings audiobook in my car via Bluetooth without a hot reboot and Bluetooth disconnect every 20 minutes. Here's to hoping with FC18!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

FC05 Never had any bluetooth problems for me while i was running it. I have a sony Xplod car stereo and a sony ericsson portable bluetooth speaker, both of which I used every day. In fact the bluetooth audio in all of these ICS roms seem to be vastly superior to any gingerbread. Is it common to have bluetooth issues with these ICS leaks?

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332286595868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332286595868.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: Radical-J

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is completely stock with exception that root/busybox is included and it uses the stock(No CWM) kernel.

All must be flashed through CWM, so flash the modem also in the same CWM session because once you reboot, you won't have CWM

Factory reset \ Data format is HIGHLY recommended(use FORMAT ALL attached before flashing)

Stock Rooted FC18 ROM (v1.0)
    md5 - 9f3e3f47519cb4fbfc4c609c4fbe3d1b

Stock Rooted De-odex'd FC18 ROM (v1.0)
    md5 - 12d6679cbb83b6e7fb74e57d5709fb1e

FC18 Modem
    md5 - b920d79220865090b5a6efc5007b4374
    Here's the Stock FC18 kernel pulled from the ZIP in case anyone needs it. This has stock Recovery, no ClockWorkMod in it.
    Lazy Guys way to FC18 update

The flood of recent betas is exciting but can also be exhausting so I've developed a few time-saving shortcuts that work:

If coming from FC07, FC14 or FC15 with Rogue FC07 recovery's CWM:
    1. From CWM simply install the FC18 ROM and FC18 Modem zip files ... no wipes of any kind required because Calkulin's ROM has the necessary cleansers (formats) built-in.
    2. Power Off and unplug your USB to PC cable.
    3. Run ODIN on PC, select PDA and choose to load rogue_ET-recovery-1.2.3-FC18-rc0.tar Turn phone on, go into download mode, connect USB & click Start.
    4. When phone reboots it will update 175+ apps. All your prior apps, wifi, bluetooth & email settings will be loaded but may not appear on your screens. Something new in Fc18 is that SD card is set as storage by default so to access your Gallery and other files, go Settings>Storage>Mount SD card
    5. To get rid of the yellow triangles, use Astro File manager or ES to install and run TriangleAway.
    6. To use WiFi Tether, uninstall and reinstall it. Then use it's settings to change device profile to Samsung Galaxy nexus CDMA/LTE

I did all this and tested everything before posting this. Haven't found any bugs yet in FC18. Have noticed a number of new options in settings which I will now tinker with.

Enjoy!

Glenn :)