[ROM][ICS] |June 24| Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ Sense / ICS / Blue / Tweaks ¯´·.¸¸. -

Search This thread

rpachecoh

Mar 26, 2008
Madrid
It happens sometimes, the battery is almost full and the front light is already green. Don't know if it is fully charged, I usually wait for a while until it reads 100%

mychal

Apr 5, 2006
Hey everybody, I stumbled on this last night.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22015930&postcount=2

Just in case there are others out there who are missing arrows under the keyboard and don't want to apply a whole load of other tweeks to get it, I thought I'd pop a link in here. Credit to Steve007 and jerrytan93 who modded it to be darker.

I've only used for a few hours on the March 15th ROM so please don't burn my house down if causes any problems.... The trace keyboard works in search fields by the way.

Silly question, Ouzo: how do I install this? Thanks.

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
Experiencing two problems:
-Sometimes new text message notifications don't work
-Alarm clock notification bar icon disappears even if alarms are still set

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
Silly question, Ouzo: how do I install this? Thanks.

I flashed it from recovery.

Put zip on sd card, use advanced power menu to restart phone in recovery mode, then install the zip from there. I don't know if it's necessary but I cleared cache and dalvic cache first (also in recovery). Please use recovery to backup your phone first just in case ; )

Reactions: mychal

trevb87

Oct 22, 2008
West Lafayette, IN
Hi, now I'm charging my baterry. It shows 99%, but the front light is green, which means that baterry is full.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

It happens sometimes, the battery is almost full and the front light is already green. Don't know if it is fully charged, I usually wait for a while until it reads 100%

Sometimes when it is 99% if you restart the phone it will be at 100%

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Guys im still not able to disable background data really wanna do it it eats up lot of juice for nothing !!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I don't know how long it's been up but show has a new Bricked kernel up for ICS now so I'm going to try it and see how well it plays with Energy.:D

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
Got rid of the SGS2, got another Sensation just to flash this ROM
Not disappointed.....at all
This ROM is Smoooooth
14 hours, 6 minutes....55% remaining
Still going thru it, all seems fine for me
WiFi Calling, MMS, Exchange email...etc

NRG, thanks for the ROM

-DC-

Jan 25, 2009
Moscow
hum... haven't flashed anything for ages lol :D The new bricked kernel is out and is compatible with the greatest ROMs fom Energy? oO

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I posted it on the last page, I'm using Bricked right now and so far so good. I'm really interested to see what kind of change, if any, I get with the battery. I had been using Sebastians kernel at 1620 with setcpu and was getting an average of 12-15 hours. I switched to bricked just yesterday and took setcpu offline, still way too early to judge battery yet.

Rodi_21

May 30, 2010
At home
How can I remove the icon for background data on the notification bar? I've stopped background data to run and a icon shows up, I want that removed. I'm on the lastest ICS rom (Energy of course)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

bubu23

Nov 25, 2006
eilat
plz people you gotta help me!

i like this rom very much but iv got problem, icant change the lock screen wallpaper i get into personalize and the lock screen i can change the wall paper but it not changed

is this but of ics?????

or plz help me how to change the lock screen wallpaper very important to me thxxx!!:(

bubu23

Nov 25, 2006
eilat
i do nt want the lock screen to be like my wallpaper i want wall paper diffrent then the lock screen how????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the "Energy" ROM collection thread !

This development thread is the home of my "EnergyROM" custom firmware series for the HTC Sensation device. Here you will find ROMs that I have created for this device over time. My main goal when putting a ROM together is stability. A second goal would be a good, professional look. I accomplish that by theming the original HTC ROMs and replacing the green with a dark, electric blue.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Stability through private beta testing before public release
    • Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

Now on to the good stuff...

(You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter)

How to Flash this ROM:

- Root your device
    - Install a custom recovery
    - Install the downloaded ROM .zip found in post #3
    - Make sure to do a Factory Reset / Wipe before installing ROM

If you'd like to donate something for my work

Paypal > USD / EUR
    smile.gif

Screenshots

Screenshots of the Energy ICS themed ROM

2012-06-19_15-13-38.png
    2012-06-19_15-13-52.png
    2012-06-19_15-13-57.png

2012-06-19_15-14-09.png
    2012-06-19_15-14-19.png
    2012-06-19_15-15-31.png

Download Here !

ROM Features

• Rosie 5x5 Layout and half transparency
    • Transparent and extended quick settings
    • Blue highlights instead of green
    • Deodexed, zipaligned, tweaked
    • Improved SD card read ahead
    • Busybox + runparts, TitaniumBackup
    • A few HTC Apps removed, like HTC Navigation
    • A lot of other bloat removed
    • Stock HTC Kernel
    • Screenshot by pressing Power and Home
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Updated hosts file for ad removal
    • Fast... Stable.. and GREAT battery life !
    • Based on the latest OTA release !
    • Tweaks!
    Changelog

June 24th, 2012 (6.24.2012)

• Removed Exchange security requirements for mail app
    • Changed over to SuperSU from Chainfire for root access
    • Fixed Phone FCs when searching for providers
    • Updated A LOT of graphics in framework to match Sense 4 style
    • Updated WifiCalling status icons
    • Fixed custom wallpaper on lockscreen not settings bug

June 22nd, 2012 (6.22.2012)

• Updated built in external apps
    • Updated Camera to model with HQ picture compression and high bitrate videos
    • Updated a few more graphics in framework to Sense 4 style
    • Added widgets grouping app for non-Sense launchers (thanks to blast0id for idea)
    • Sense 4 style black dialer with new graphics !
    • Fixed black popup with black text on websites
    • Restyled notification pulldown a bit
    • Problems with Ford Sync and other BT devices hopefully fixed
    • Init.d scripts should work again
    • Updated frameworks graphics throughout ROM :)

June 7th, 2012 (6.7.2012)

• Updated to the newest TMobile base/framework (3.32.531.14)
    • Newest tweaks from M0narx!
    • Improved battery life !
    • More theming
    • Added movie editor app
    • Updated Wifi Calling app/subsystem
    • Updated Play store, Titanium Backup, Maps, Adobe Reader... etc
    • Changed some colors around for popup menus and such
    • Virtual Memory and RAM tweaks (to improve performance/battery)
    • Camera quality tweaks
    • Reversed Yes/No button positions in some instances
    • More graphics design elements from Sense 4 added in
    • Nicer camera sounds from Sense 4 (less annoying, in my opinion)

--------------- snipped ------------------

• Initial Release

Credits:

- to LeeDroid, birgertime, baadnewz, Sergio for great ideas
    - to m0narx for his APM mod and the RUU leak shares
    - brut.all for the apktool
    - And all other great devs that share their work for free!

It is always a good idea to RTM (Read the Manual!!)

The FAQ presented below is general to some common questions asked in this thread.
    This is not my work, but I have put together the answers from various users. Thanks to everyone
    smile.gif

Please also remember that this is a FAQ, NOT a guide, there are many guides here on XDA. I have tried to link relevant guides wherever possible.
    Feel free to PM me if something else should be added.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Quickies

- For some of the operations below, e.g. Q23 etc, you will need a root explorer. A good one is ES File Explorer, included in the rom. You will need to check root access in settings and mount system for it to work.

- The first boot after flashing a rom takes longer (can take up to 10 mins as well). The boot takes longer also when you wipe dalvik cache.

- Incase you have missing widgets, wipe data and cache for HTC sense. Thanks to guptadh for the great advise.

- FOR ICS: If you are have sense FC, check to see if you have apps on teh SD card. Move them to phone. ICS doesn't seem to like apps on the SD card.

General rule of thumb before flashing:
    - Unless specified, you don't need to Superwipe.
    - However, before flashing, boot to recovery - wipe cache. Advanced - wipe dalvik. Now flash the new NRGZ Rom.
    - Problems? Goto Settings - applications - HTC Sense - Wipe Data
    - Still problems? Superwipe, as explained in FAQ 10.

Current Version - NRGZ June 24th - ICS!!! .Taketwo
    (MD5 4355ae6ebe0b82006631135818513583)
    - SuperWipe not necessary.
    - Custom Kernel: Please use it at your own risk. More than likely you will face random issues. A dependable custom kernel for the Sense 3.5 is a WIP.
    - Volume wake up Mod - Now included in Energy Tweaks!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Flashing ICS

Since the ICS ROM is coming up soon, it is highly recommended to read the following posts to get your self ready!

Do not do this till the ROM is ready and you are ready to flash the ICS rom

1. How to go about flashing ICS?
    2. Known ICS Problems.
    3. Going back to GB.

In my experience, if you are dead sure to go ahead with ICS, regardless certain bugs (assuming you are superCIDed - look at Step 4, post 1.)

1. Download the Firmware from 3.24.401.1 & 3.25.401.101 RUU from here. As per the post by viperd, you may not be able to revert back to GB if you flash FW 3.24.

2. Download the Energy ROM (when available).

3. Do a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.

4. Place Superwipe, ROM and the PG58 file on the SD Card. The PG58 file needs to be on the root folder of the SD card.

5. Boot into bootoloader and let it update, it will turn the screen off in between, don't worry, its updating.
    NOTE: When the screen turns off during the firmware update that it is not finished updating yet. The screen will come back on and continue updating, so first wait for the message that the update was completed. Also check in bootloader that the hboot and radio were both updated. A few problems were the hboot is updated but not the radio and this will then cause a bootloop when flashing the rom. Hboot should read 1.27.1100 and radio 11.21.3504.13_2.

6. Once updated, remove the battery, pull out the SD card - stick it on to your laptop and delete the PG file from it.

7. Put the SD Card back on and boot into the bootloader (Vol down + power) and then to recovery.

8. Superwipe, Q10 below. (Do this only once, while coming from GB to ICS for the first time.. thereafter, only when NRGZ explicitily mentions)

9. Flash the rom.

10. Watch the phone as it boots :).

Another simple tutorial by JaxChris.

F.A.Q

Q1: How do I flash this ROM?
    A: Assuming you have S-Off, and have installed recovery – Reboot the phone into recovery (Vol Down + Power [In power off mode] and select recovery. Select “Install with Zip from SD Card” – Select the ROM from your SD and press power – Confirm and you are good to go.

Q2. Huh?? What is S-OFF or Recovery?
    A: A detailed explanation on how to is here.

Q3: Which radio should I use?
    A: This is a trick question. According to many users over the years, they have recommended to change the radio only if you are facing troubles with the current one that you are using. Radio is a very very very location specific thing. So, what works for me, may not work for you. Here is a good thread discussing radios ad their performance.

Q4: Is the radio included in the ROM? How do I flash?
    A: No, you will need to flash the radio separately.
    A: Easiest steps to flash a radio is (assuming you have sdk and HTC Drivers and are SOFF)
    - Put the radio.img in the folder where fastboot is under sdk\tools
    - Turn off your phone and and reboot into Bootloader and select fastboot, connect the phone to the pc - now you show see Fastboot USB on the phone.
    - Goto command prompt on your pc. Goto the folder with Fastboot.
    - Type fastboot flash radio radio.img and watch it write the new radio.

A: If the file is named PG58IMG.ZIP, then simply copy it to the root folder of the sd card and reboot into bootloader and follow instructions on the phone screen.

Read about radios and RILs here

Q5: Right or recommended order of flashing?
    A: Wipe>ROM>Reboot> Radio.

Q6: Should I use a task killer on the ROM?
    A: Check this and decide for yourself.

Q7: Backup? What is that?
    A: A good idea is to back up all your data and settings from the phone before flashing a new rom with a full wipe. Best app available is Titanium Back up (included in the ROM)
    The best way to back up the contacts is to sync it via HTC Sync or via your gmail.

Q8: Is Nandroid and Titanium backup the same thing? How do I manage backups?
    A: No, Nandroid backs up the ROM and Titanium backs up the applications. Nandroid is what you do using the recovery and it makes the exact image of your ROM along with the data.

Q9: On what occasion will I lose my data (apps, contacts etc)?
    A: Only when you apply the full wipe or the super wipe. When you just flash a rom or a .zip from recovery, it will not wipe anything unless otherwise mentioned. Generally, Android Chefs do not include the full wipe script in their ROMS.

Q10: I was on stock (or another rom from another cook) and I flashed NRGZ ROM, now I am having some problems.
    A:
    1. Try rebooting the Phone and see if it makes a difference.
    2. Reboot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik, reboot the phone and clear data of the apps causing problem.
    3. If nothing else works, “SUPERWIPE”. Beware: A superwipe/ full wipe will erase EVERYTHING on the phone. EVERYTHING! So, be sure to backup what you want.

Q11: How do I flash Superwipe and what does it erase?
    A: Copy the .zip to the SD Card and flash it via recovery. DO NOT REBOOT once it is done, flash the ROM straightafter. Superwipe will erase data, cache, system, boot and system files on SD card (EXT4 format).

Q12: The screen is not very responsive and is lagging.
    A: Let the phone settle down a bit after you unlock it. It generally needs a few seconds to kick up the CPU. Some discussions on the screen responsiveness and a market app here.

Q13: The market is not installing anything. Gives error.
    A: Reboot into recovery and select “clear cache partition”. And under settings - applications - Manage applications - under the Market app < Clear Data>.

Q14: I don’t like the CRT on and off animations, what can I do to disable these?
    A: Install the patch from the post above.

Q15: My battery is draining heavily
    frown.gif

A: When you first flash a ROM this is what happens. Give it atleast one full charge cycle and it should come back to normal. If required, reboot into recovery and clear battery stats. It is advisable to do so on 100% charge. Here is the battery calibration app from the market.
    Common Opinion - Heavy battery drain is one thing that you cannot complain about on this rom, for sure. The battery life is much above average :)

Q16: Should I run the phone battery to zero percent, and what if it does??
    A: Absolutely not! Both the current recoveries are giving problems while pulling the battery up from zero percent. If the phones dies off due to battery being zero, look here, might help. The new recovery from ROM Manager claims to have fixed the charging issue.

Q18: MMS Problem?
    A: Please check your APN settings. Or try the patch from here. Also worth checking out Shroomster's post.

Q19: Some games that use the motion/G sensor are not working as they should.
    A: Re-Calibrate your Gsensor –> Settings – Display – Gsensor Callibration

Q21: What about Wifi Printing?
    A: NRGZ released the APK's here.

Q22: I dont like the animations. Dont want them.
    A: Go to settings - display - animations. Or go to Spare parts and disable all animations.

Q24: How do I change the bootanimation or the downanimation?
    A: System\Customize\Resource again. Replace the bootanimation.zip file with the one you want. The new file must be named bootanimation.zip/downanimation.zip.

Q25: Can I modify frequencies using SetCPU?
    A: Avoid set cpu at this stage. It is causing much troubles. The app needs to be updated for dual core usage.

Q26: GPS Problems?
    A: Try faster fix app from the market. Has helped a few members.

Q27: I am having difficulties assigning ringtones from my SD card on the 3.5 sense.
    A: Go to contact, select ringtone. Select ADD where it shows a list of system ringtone - Now it should take you to your music and tones on the SD card. Select the one that you want and click OK. Back on the system ringtones, scroll to find the newly added tone and select it.

Q28: The search capacitive button does nothing, only on press and hold I get menu to select from. I want the normal search action.
    A: Download and install the Google Search from the market.
    (Fixed in Oct 3 Rom)

Q29: WiFi turning on randomly, can't find "Install unknown sources checkbox", found a typo somewhere on a screen.
    A: Use this ICS OTA patch that fixes those issues.

MODS

[MOD][TMOUS]Wi-Fi Calling Patch - Rip from Official TMO ICS 05.15.12 [SENSE]
    For Wifi-Calling app click -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26117743 for bigmoew’s link to Wifi-Calling app for T-Mobile. PREVIOUS FIX.
    Credits:
    bigmoew
    Casper200519

[APK] WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in IceCream Sandwich
    For Wifi-Calling app click -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445766
    cutecool’s link to[APK] WiFix NEW-LATEST FIX!
    Credits:
    fardjad

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to PM me if something else should be added.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stuff to come later.