FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[7.10.2012][NT 5.10.8835.35 V1]Gold_C_ML_51265104_R_153000830_2316w0506U by ansar

2,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,851
 
By ansar.ath.gr, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th February 2012, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2012, 12:21 AM |#61  
Member
Flag Gilbert, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrayan

I sure hope not! I was never charged for using my old HTC Touch Pro 2 that way, but I guess I'll find out next month when I get my next bill.

Just got my bill today, no extra charges. Looks like the tethering is free and clear!
 
 
16th March 2012, 12:27 AM |#62  
Member
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrayan

Just got my bill today, no extra charges. Looks like the tethering is free and clear!

Awesome. Just got the ROM flashed a couple days ago, and I can already see myself using the tethering quite a bit.

On another note, is anyone else having trouble with MMS? I can't for the life of me get one to send.
19th March 2012, 04:23 PM |#63  
Member
Flag Bishopville, MD
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerna

Ansar, thanks for your release, although Rapidshare seems really crappy, I only got about 20% of the file after 2 hours! The one above got downloaded in a few minutes. I will also go for this one for now.

has anyone or is anyone willing to upload the file to skydrive or dropbox? I cant get it to download
22nd March 2012, 03:01 AM |#64  
Chris-h11's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdsamich

has anyone or is anyone willing to upload the file to skydrive or dropbox? I cant get it to download

Here you go, I've uploaded it to Dropbox (I had to split it so it was under the 300mb limit):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11364701/ROM...nsar.part1.rar
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11364701/ROM...nsar.part2.rar
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris-h11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chris-h11 Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 07:52 PM |#65  
Member
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Having used the ROM for a few days on Spring Break, I can safely say that the MMS issue not only fixed itself, but is working more reliably than it ever did on the stock ROM. Tethering has also not gotten me in trouble with Sprint.
24th March 2012, 08:09 PM |#66  
chrisliphart's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Bluetooth!
Everything is working great on my end with three exceptions:

1) Despite being able to connect to 3G with no problem, on every boot, the phone tells me it had issues setting up the connection. Again, it works just fine.

2) Bluetooth won't turn/stay on. As a heavy user of a bluetooth headset, this one's rough for me. Tethering is a big trade-off, though, so I'll go with a wired headset.

3) Which brings on point 3: a wired headset works perfectly for media, but it's too quiet, even at maximum volume, to use during calls.

Again, other than that, this ROM rocks. Looking forward to updates.
6th April 2012, 02:55 PM |#67  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisliphart

Everything is working great on my end with three exceptions:

1) Despite being able to connect to 3G with no problem, on every boot, the phone tells me it had issues setting up the connection. Again, it works just fine.

2) Bluetooth won't turn/stay on. As a heavy user of a bluetooth headset, this one's rough for me. Tethering is a big trade-off, though, so I'll go with a wired headset.

3) Which brings on point 3: a wired headset works perfectly for media, but it's too quiet, even at maximum volume, to use during calls.

Again, other than that, this ROM rocks. Looking forward to updates.

Nice review of the ROM, i am currently on DFT rom and i was interested in switching to this rom but i was curious if the 3g actually stays 3g? the problemi am having on DFT is that i am constantly getting switched to 1x. Also, with wifi afterit has been on for awhile it just literally stops working. Does this rom have the same problems? The wifi isnt really an issue if the 3g works as expected in this rom. Also, there is a spot to fill ion the APN setting and does anyone have the APN setting for sprint that would work?
9th April 2012, 03:08 AM |#68  
Member
Flag Bishopville, MD
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski111

Nice review of the ROM, i am currently on DFT rom and i was interested in switching to this rom but i was curious if the 3g actually stays 3g? the problemi am having on DFT is that i am constantly getting switched to 1x. Also, with wifi afterit has been on for awhile it just literally stops working. Does this rom have the same problems? The wifi isnt really an issue if the 3g works as expected in this rom. Also, there is a spot to fill ion the APN setting and does anyone have the APN setting for sprint that would work?

this is kind of obvious but have you updated your prl and network settings since installing the rom?
9th April 2012, 12:05 PM |#69  
ansar.ath.gr's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,851
 
More
Arrow Info on ROM development
Hi,


Updated 8107 and new 8773 are under testing

They will be in public probably in about 2/3 days


Regards, ansar
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ansar.ath.gr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ansar.ath.gr Ad-Free
9th April 2012, 05:22 PM |#70  
aqualls's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 598
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdsamich

this is kind of obvious but have you updated your prl and network settings since installing the rom?

Just curious if you were able to change profile and PRL. Every time I'v flashed the ROM PRL is grayed out and profile gives network error even after hard reset.
10th April 2012, 01:02 PM |#71  
chrisliphart's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski111

Nice review of the ROM, i am currently on DFT rom and i was interested in switching to this rom but i was curious if the 3g actually stays 3g? the problemi am having on DFT is that i am constantly getting switched to 1x. Also, with wifi afterit has been on for awhile it just literally stops working. Does this rom have the same problems? The wifi isnt really an issue if the 3g works as expected in this rom. Also, there is a spot to fill ion the APN setting and does anyone have the APN setting for sprint that would work?

Wifi has never been an issue, nor has 3G on this ROM, for me. Your mileage may vary, though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes