FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][MTD] MIUI-V4 2.2.24 (Android 4.0.3) 2/26/12

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 200
 
By Epic4GPortTeam, Member on 27th February 2012, 12:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2012, 04:55 PM |#511  
T.C.P's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockton
Thanks Meter: 3,608
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltsnspoons

.

thanks marcus, youre awesome!

i feel guilty tho. with all the free time ive had lately, with work being slow and done with school til summer quarter, i should be learning how to do this stuff my self. if i have an hp with 4g of ram, 350g hdd, dual core amd anthlon, multi boots, windows 7 ultimate 64bit, ubuntu, 10.2 64bit, and openSUSE, will my system be ale to handle compiling and decompiling these roms?

...i guess i could just try not being lazy and look it up myself. dur. yeah ill just do that. thanks tho.

...hey, dont you have a guide on that anyways??

Yea it will work. Marcus has a Pentium 3 processor 512mb ram nd 80gb hdd lulz

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
 
 
21st March 2012, 05:05 PM |#512  
MДЯCЦSДИT's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,634
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P

Yea it will work. Marcus has a Pentium 3 processor 512mb ram nd 80gb hdd lulz

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

nah. I compile from my phone :P

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
21st March 2012, 05:34 PM |#513  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
I'm sure it's an issue with all MIUI ICS builds but I definitely have noticed a slowdown as the day progresses. Nothing that a midday reboot doesn't take care of however.

EDIT: andddd i posted in the wrong MIUI thread. sighs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
22nd March 2012, 03:11 AM |#514  
MoSeriouS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 263
 
More
Daaammmnnnn man Marcus ur killing it right about now... Lovin the new ICS MIUI.... If ur looking into how mnay peeps are interested in the latest AOKP build count me in as well... Man its nice being on the Epic FoGee foreal...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
22nd March 2012, 04:56 PM |#515  
Alias8818's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 964
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltsnspoons

Hey, are either of you two planning on porting the latest update of this rom? They released it early yesterday morning. Looks like they added some cool new features and options, as well as fixed a few bugs and tweaked some settings. I'm loving aokp, been using it as my daily driver for a few days n I don't wanna switch. I think a lot of others would be happy to see an update as well. Oh, and if I'm missing something and it's already been posted, I'm really sorry. Just call me a retard.

Give me a couple days or so. You all will not be sorry

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alias8818 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alias8818 Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 08:34 PM |#516  
ErantyInt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Olympia
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias8818

Give me a couple days or so. You all will not be sorry

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Moar AOKP?!?!

Thanks given.
22nd March 2012, 08:53 PM |#517  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Questions on flashing this ROM
I hope this is the right place. Currently running Sleeper ROM(MTD), no problem at all. I love to tinker around and flash different ROM to see what they can do. With that being said, I'm looking to flash this ROM. Anything special I need to do or just flash away? Also, any advantages on this ROM compared to let say others? THANKS!
22nd March 2012, 10:16 PM |#518  
MoSeriouS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 263
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman512

I hope this is the right place. Currently running Sleeper ROM(MTD), no problem at all. I love to tinker around and flash different ROM to see what they can do. With that being said, I'm looking to flash this ROM. Anything special I need to do or just flash away? Also, any advantages on this ROM compared to let say others? THANKS!

Assuming you are talking about flashing MIUI-V4 (aka MIUI ICS) then you should probably flash the most recent build which is being offered in a different thread |LINK|. This thread is for MIUI V4 2.2.24 and the MIUI V4 thread I linked to is MIUI V4 2.3.16, and is more "up to date" than the build in this thread.

Given that this MIUI thread is where you'll find the AOKP build posted, and given the amount of discussion as of late about an update to it, I'm thinking that maybe you were referring to flashing AOKP and not MIUI-V4. Here is a |LINK| to the post that Marcusant made (post #365) that contains Alias8818's AOKP build...

I've installed both MIUI-V4 and AOKP by performing the standard wipe data, cache and dalvik then flash routine and both have worked well. Hope that helps somewhat..
23rd March 2012, 12:43 AM |#519  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSeriouS

Assuming you are talking about flashing MIUI-V4 (aka MIUI ICS) then you should probably flash the most recent build which is being offered in a different thread |LINK|. This thread is for MIUI V4 2.2.24 and the MIUI V4 thread I linked to is MIUI V4 2.3.16, and is more "up to date" than the build in this thread.

Given that this MIUI thread is where you'll find the AOKP build posted, and given the amount of discussion as of late about an update to it, I'm thinking that maybe you were referring to flashing AOKP and not MIUI-V4. Here is a |LINK| to the post that Marcusant made (post #365) that contains Alias8818's AOKP build...

I've installed both MIUI-V4 and AOKP by performing the standard wipe data, cache and dalvik then flash routine and both have worked well. Hope that helps somewhat..

Thanks for the reply. Dies this ROM play well with LauncherPro? Also, how is the battery life? Thanks!
23rd March 2012, 02:37 AM |#520  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 215
 
More
how is this thread not dead? lol there's a more recent version! upgrade yo shiz! keep clicking on this thread by accident and we cannot have that.
23rd March 2012, 03:44 AM |#521  
Senior Member
Flag Union City
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyFiggz27

how is this thread not dead? lol there's a more recent version! upgrade yo shiz! keep clicking on this thread by accident and we cannot have that.

There is?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to lmsomb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lmsomb Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes