By dragonzkiller, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th January 2012, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2012, 07:50 AM |#1751  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 563

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *El_Terco86*

That sucks cause I've changed Roms before and I have been able to transfer everything. But I like this rom just can't figure out why I can't see the folder for the drag racing

If you have a TiBU you can restore the data... But you'll likely have trouble with the app if you try to restore it from a TiBU, best to reinstall it from the play store.

Sent via Tapatalk on my CM7'ed DX2

22nd March 2012, 05:50 PM |#1752  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 503

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121

hey moonshadow, are you actually testing dragonz cm9? just wanna know how progress is going since hes been pretty quite on twitter :P

I was testing the first pre-alpha build. That was before DZK's classes became a bear. Since then (about 2 months ago roughly), he is concentrating on his classes. As soon as things lighten up for him (read: probably summer break) he will probably pick things back up. I talked with him last night and he is still committed to CM7DX2 and CM9DX2. Something else that will help, I have a new laptop (Linux) that I can begin helping him out (as much as I can with my limited knowledge). All we are asking is patience. We both understand that everyone with a DX2 wants the rebase of CM7 and the release of CM9. With CM9 though, there are going to be some major hurdles that will have to be overcome since CM9 is a complete code re-write and the fact that CM9 is based on ICS AOSP. ICS does things much differently than Gingerbread.

For those who are new to the DX2 community, welcome! Also, when DZK went to work on CM7, he had the Alpha build out in roughly a week and the stable RC release about 3 days after that. He is a committed DX2 developer and wants to provide a smooth, working, and as close to flawless, CM9 ROM as possible.

For those that are chomping at the bit for CM9, think about this. Would you rather have CM9 in a pre-alpha state that DOESN'T work and just looks pretty, or would you rather have CM9 in a WORKING state? Personally, I would rather have CM9 in a working state.

The pre-alpha that I was testing had MANY problems. During the time that he did put into it, before school became a bear, he was able to address a good number of the items on the "does not work" punch list.

For everyone in the DX2 community, thank you for your support and understanding.

Ciao!

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by *El_Terco86*

That sucks cause I've changed Roms before and I have been able to transfer everything. But I like this rom just can't figure out why I can't see the folder for the drag racing

Make sure it is NOT installed to run off the SDcard. It puts those files into a "file system folder". Essentially, it's a pseudo partition contained within a file. You should be able to use the CM7 Application Manager to move it from the SDcard and back to /data. Hope that helps.

Ciao!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Solved my problem....but I have another question, how many people use task killers? Do you find them effective? I just deleted mine and an going to see what it is like to not use one

Don't use task managers with CM7. There is a built in feature that allows you to purge assets to free up space. Also, task managers on Gingerbread and newer do not work. They kill the task alright, however, the Android OS will RESPAWN the task. This is a FEATURE that was build into Gingerbread to allow Android to manage the memory within the device and it works VERY well. I have a BOATLOAD of stuff running on my phone and I NEVER have less than 45MB free memory.

To configure the built in asset manager within CM7, do this: Menu -> Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Performance and check Allow purging of assets.

Ciao!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Moon Shadow - NM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moon Shadow - NM Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 06:02 PM |#1753  
Nyc
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I'm in the waiting for stable CM9 camp!! Let's face facts there is no way Moto and or Verizon going to push for ICS on what must users consider an out dated phone.

Let's face it if it doesn't have 4G LTE AND a front facing camera the common user doesn't care about it which mean Moto/ Verizon doesn't care about it. ONLY more advance users understand that these things DO NOT MAKE a phone effective.

The best thing I ever did with my DX2 was install CM7, CM9 only going to make it that much sweeter~
22nd March 2012, 07:26 PM |#1754  
Thanks Meter: 1,787

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Shadow - NM

I was testing the first pre-alpha build. That was before DZK's classes became a bear. Since then (about 2 months ago roughly), he is concentrating on his classes. As soon as things lighten up for him (read: probably summer break) he will probably pick things back up. I talked with him last night and he is still committed to CM7DX2 and CM9DX2. Something else that will help, I have a new laptop (Linux) that I can begin helping him out (as much as I can with my limited knowledge). All we are asking is patience. We both understand that everyone with a DX2 wants the rebase of CM7 and the release of CM9. With CM9 though, there are going to be some major hurdles that will have to be overcome since CM9 is a complete code re-write and the fact that CM9 is based on ICS AOSP. ICS does things much differently than Gingerbread.

For those who are new to the DX2 community, welcome! Also, when DZK went to work on CM7, he had the Alpha build out in roughly a week and the stable RC release about 3 days after that. He is a committed DX2 developer and wants to provide a smooth, working, and as close to flawless, CM9 ROM as possible.

For those that are chomping at the bit for CM9, think about this. Would you rather have CM9 in a pre-alpha state that DOESN'T work and just looks pretty, or would you rather have CM9 in a WORKING state? Personally, I would rather have CM9 in a working state.

The pre-alpha that I was testing had MANY problems. During the time that he did put into it, before school became a bear, he was able to address a good number of the items on the "does not work" punch list.

For everyone in the DX2 community, thank you for your support and understanding.

Ciao!

Just out of curiosity (and this is in no way trying to get an ETA out of you or pushing for work on this), are you guys going to be taking advantage of spring break? I dont know when that is for dragonzkiller.
22nd March 2012, 07:31 PM |#1755  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 503

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Just out of curiosity (and this is in no way trying to get an ETA out of you or pushing for work on this), are you guys going to be taking advantage of spring break? I dont know when that is for dragonzkiller.

Spring break has past. He was assigned a boatload of homework over the break, so, no work on CM7/CM9. Give us time.

Ciao!
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon Shadow - NM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moon Shadow - NM Ad-Free
22nd March 2012, 07:58 PM |#1756  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Has anyone played around with the HDMI out? I've played with some things but can still only get portrait working. It would be awesome to have landscape.

Sent from my eclipse'd x2
22nd March 2012, 08:23 PM |#1757  
Thanks Meter: 1,787

More
Quote:

Spring break has past. He was assigned a boatload of homework over the break, so, no work on CM7/CM9. Give us time.

Ciao!

It has? Shows how much I know about school. lol. Take all the time you guys need. No rush here. Im going to be getting an HP Touchpad and dual boot CM9 on it so my ICS needs will be good until this is released.
22nd March 2012, 08:49 PM |#1758  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,068

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ciao!

Thanks for the reply dude. im in school too but apparently dont have it as bad as him. no rush on CM9, CM7 will serve us good until he has the appropriate time to work on and perfect it. School > Android always and forever (although i may sometimes wish it wasn't ). best wishes to DZK
22nd March 2012, 09:25 PM |#1759  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 966

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121

Thanks for the reply dude. im in school too but apparently dont have it as bad as him. no rush on CM9, CM7 will serve us good until he has the appropriate time to work on and perfect it. School > Android always and forever (although i may sometimes wish it wasn't ). best wishes to DZK

+100 to that.
23rd March 2012, 02:37 PM |#1760  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

It has? Shows how much I know about school. lol. Take all the time you guys need. No rush here. Im going to be getting an HP Touchpad and dual boot CM9 on it so my ICS needs will be good until this is released.

You won't be sorry! I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Dual boot, webOS and AOKP ICS. It's awesome.
23rd March 2012, 06:18 PM |#1761  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 809

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjesse

If you have a TiBU you can restore the data... But you'll likely have trouble with the app if you try to restore it from a TiBU, best to reinstall it from the play store.

Sent via Tapatalk on my CM7'ed DX2

This is only true if it's a system app. If it's not a system app (in other words, not red in TiBU), then it's safe to restore to any other ROM. I've never had a problem restoring non-system apps backed up from a different ROM. Heck, some system apps were actually user apps that I moved, via TiBU, to be system apps to free up the main memory some more. That was necessary on my LG Vortex (smaller memory than the 512mb you get with the X2).
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBolski Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)