[NEW] NT CM7 support thread

Search This thread

merlot2k1

Dec 27, 2011
South Jersey
Ok - I'm back up and running (although it's modified 1.4.1), time to play with CM7 again. So how does one approach the GApps issue that got me into this mess?

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Actually, the magic card didn't do anything. The Nook never booted off it and now it doesn't even mount it. This could be my fault as I repartitioned and reformatted (FAT32) to fit the acclaim zip file.

Also, CWM was only installed on my SD card. After the GApps was flashed to the stock Nook, I powered off and removed the SD card, then I I did a factory reset (holding power + n). This seemed to initiate and run just fine, but after powring it on and going through the registration process, it goes to the stock Welcome to Android screen. Touching Android does nothing. All I can do is go to the quick settings, then full settings from there, but nothing else. It says I'm running 1.4.2. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. I thought the stock recovery would work.

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Ok, I'm back into my standard Nook! After running the recovery again, this time once the google screen came up, I managed to bypass it with the N button. So, how can I uninstall this GApps? :) (this only work right after I recover, if I reboot N button is dead and I'm stuck at Google)

For the dead N button try wiping cache and dalvik cache, if no go then wipe data swell while in CWM that should fix it. Another alternative is an app called button remapper here at XDA... Google it, and there are some instructions about which one to use and how if you google button remapper XDA nook tablet.

~ Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p

Ashfire

Mar 20, 2012
i have tried everything i can think of: when i try to reboot to cwm from the recovery flasher, and go to the zip installer from there, the installer gets stuck on opening the zip. when i reboot from rom manager, directly into the cm7 installation, the installer gets stuck on 'preparing to install'.

help please?

captican

Feb 26, 2011
I have search some of the forums but cannot find any mention of a similar problem:

Last night when I was using my Nook Tablet (purchased Saturday, root Sunday), which I had booted up using an external sd card (CM7), it rebooted back to the standard Barnes and Noble's interface. I figured that an e-mail notification triggered the reboot. So, I powered down and reboot back to the CM7 and, after about two minutes, it booked back to Barnes and Noble.

My question is whether or not this is an expected outcome and whether or not there is some way to keep it from happening again. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

I have search some of the forums but cannot find any mention of a similar problem:

Last night when I was using my Nook Tablet (purchased Saturday, root Sunday), which I had booted up using an external sd card (CM7), it rebooted back to the standard Barnes and Noble's interface. I figured that an e-mail notification triggered the reboot. So, I powered down and reboot back to the CM7 and, after about two minutes, it booked back to Barnes and Noble.

My question is whether or not this is an expected outcome and whether or not there is some way to keep it from happening again. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

its automatically rebooting or you are choosing reboot?

chuckweiss2

Oct 14, 2011
Southington
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Hey guys,

After about a few days of smooth sailing with CM7, my nook will no longer stay on for more than a couple minutes - if I'm lucky - before it just shuts off. No fanfare, it doesn't just go dark, it shuts completely off for no reason I can figure out. After that, I have to restart it by holding down the power button for a long time, then releasing, then holding power and n for a while. Again, that works if I'm lucky, sometimes it's basically just button mashing to get it to start up again.

It boots into CWM, but I can't get it to install the rom again or wipe data. Also, it won't boot from the sd.

Any ideas whatsoever?

By the way, thanks for your work on the rom.

Last edited:

captican

Feb 26, 2011
its automatically rebooting or you are choosing reboot?

It is automatically rebooting. As I mentioned, the first time I thought it was because I received an e-mail (but, as I thought about this, I began to doubt it). I powered down and then booted it up again with the SD card in, played a couple minutes of Angry Birds, and then it rebooted back to the standard page.

I just put it away after that and have not determined whether it is continued beyond these two times.

The only modification I have done, other than create the sd card, is to update the software from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 via my pc at home and try to get my emails to function properly.

I can be browsing the Internet but when I tried to send an e-mail, it would say that I was not connected but I do not think this is related to the reboots.

Fillimerica

Mar 16, 2012
SD Card Boot Tests

I can't boot CM7 final from SD without tether as many others. I am running internal with stock recovery. I have found a CWM boot SD image that boots every time without tether.
Four different SD cards all boot without tether (2 4g c4, 1 16g c6, 1 32g c10).
Here is a link to the image. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21275927#post21275927 It would be nice if someone else with the tether problem could attempt this. Thanks for looking.

Testing:
Patriot Memory 16GB Class 4 (#1)
Sandisk 8GB Class 4 (#2)

Downloaded fresh copy of SD_ROOT_NT16gbV4_6.

A. Followed Albert's instructions for imaging the SD Cards (using the NT as SD Host via USB)

B.Also tried same tests using a PC Card Reader

Results:
Card #1 needs the USB tether for the NT to boot into CWM in both A & B
Card #2 does NOT need the USB tether to boot into CWM in both A & B

These results are consistent with my other tests involving SD cards imaged with CM7 and other flavors of CWM. I get consistent, reproducible results. My Patriot card won't boot and my Sandisk always will when my NT is untethered.

miniblue

Sep 5, 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
CM7 on Sandisk 8g Class 4

I ordered 8 gig Class 2 cards from Amazon. They decided to ship Class 4 instead so I tried one of them. Crystal indicated Small Block 32 at 1.504, which compares to the Verbatum 8 gig Class 4 which ran at 0.005.

CM7 works much better, in fact, I now think I like it better than the rooted stock. Still having trouble with streaming radio apps, but Earth runs great. I can get used to the location picked up from the wifi.

CM7 boots without a tether. I also got CWM to boot off SD, but haven,t done a backup yet. That is next. Then I'll maybe go internal with the next release.

Bill

Reactions: tobdaryl

rvr350

Nov 18, 2011
2 questions. I have used 16gb sandisk to upload alpha final.

1: i actually like the big chunky stock keyboard, is there a way to port it over to cm7, as a added option?

2: i used a 16 gig sd card to store the alpha final, can someone show me the number of partition i have to make in order to fully utilize all the space? Right now, i after i used win imager32 to write the .img on the sd card, it shows only 1 gb left.

Thank you.

miniblue

Sep 5, 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
Use EaseUS

Click your SD card (be sure it is the SD)
Click on the bottom Fat 32 partition (second to last line)
Click the resize menu button, I think the top on the left.
Use the slider and slide it all the way to the right.
Ok
Apply
You're done.

As you have heard before this operation is at your risk. If you messup the SD card no big deal you do it again IF YOU RESIZE YOUR HARD DRIVE THAT WILL NOT BE GOOD.

Bill

ratickle

Dec 17, 2010
North Jersey
Do Class 10 SD cards work?

Several days ago started booting my Nook Tablet into CW7 using a Transcend 8GB Class 6 micro-SD. Even used Easeus to extend the last Fat32 partition. Everything works great.

I decided a faster micro-SD might improve boot times, so I purchased an A-Data 16GB Class 10. I can't get this micro-SD to work reliably. After installing a fresh CW7 image, my Nook will boot and I can configure, but it will NOT boot completely after that. On subsequent boots, I get the Team-B logo, but it never gets to the skating Android logo.

I've tried wiping the micro-SD with Easeus and I've downloaded a fresh CW7 image. The A-Data Class 10 card just doesn't seem to work.

So, my question is this: Is Class 10 the problem or is A-Data the problem, or do I just have a bad SD card?

TheBigDogz

Feb 12, 2012
Several days ago started booting my Nook Tablet into CW7 using a Transcend 8GB Class 6 micro-SD. Even used Easeus to extend the last Fat32 partition. Everything works great.

I decided a faster micro-SD might improve boot times, so I purchased an A-Data 16GB Class 10. I can't get this micro-SD to work reliably. After installing a fresh CW7 image, my Nook will boot and I can configure, but it will NOT boot completely after that. On subsequent boots, I get the Team-B logo, but it never gets to the skating Android logo.

I've tried wiping the micro-SD with Easeus and I've downloaded a fresh CW7 image. The A-Data Class 10 card just doesn't seem to work.

So, my question is this: Is Class 10 the problem or is A-Data the problem, or do I just have a bad SD card?

I installed CM7 image on a SAMSUNG 32GB MICRO SDHC CLASS 10.

http://www.frys.com/product/6786695

I haven't had any issues other than that the NT needs to be plugged in to PC / AC Power in order to boot to SD CM7. It otherwise boots to the STOCK rom. This is also a common issue that others experience. At this point, I haven't seen any conclusive anaylsis to show that the issue is caused by a specific microSD card type / brand.

Hope this helps.

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
Indeed, it is becoming very clear that different microSD cards perform differently with this CM7 setup.

Exactly WHAT it is about the cards that is causing the different (abnormal) results is not yet clear.

captican

Feb 26, 2011
Indeed, it is becoming very clear that different microSD cards perform differently with this CM7 setup.

Exactly WHAT it is about the cards that is causing the different (abnormal) results is not yet clear.

I use an eight gb, class 10 sd card from "Amazon Basics." I have not had any problems booting CM7. I have not repartitioned the sd card or done anything other than load the CM7 alpha using the image from CelticWebSolutions (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1481826).

I have had the tablet reboot back to stock three times while using the sd card but I am not (yet) convinced it has anything to do (solely) with the card (although I have not identified the reason for the three reboots). On the occasions when it has rebooted, I just power down and reboot back to CM7.

rvr350

Nov 18, 2011
Use EaseUS

Click your SD card (be sure it is the SD)
Click on the bottom Fat 32 partition (second to last line)
Click the resize menu button, I think the top on the left.
Use the slider and slide it all the way to the right.
Ok
Apply
You're done.

As you have heard before this operation is at your risk. If you messup the SD card no big deal you do it again IF YOU RESIZE YOUR HARD DRIVE THAT WILL NOT BE GOOD.

Bill

Done as you described, and windows explorer still shows only 156 mb free on a 16gb card after I put alpha final on with win32imager... EaseUS shows 14 gb free fwiw...

What is the minimum size gb SD card i can get by? I've used a 4gb and it seems to be fine.

I suppose I still don't have full access of the NT's internal memory, i.e. still only 1 gb user available, is that still true? Can I swap SD card after boot-up? like watch a movie or something if I use a 4gb SD card to boot up the NT from now on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To use ES File Explorer to edit system files, you need to go to ES File Explorer settings and checked "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System". To edit buid.prop, long press on the file and open it as text in ES Note Editor. Build.prop is in your system folder.

For wifi problem,

Try - edit your build.prop and commented out "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20" by "# wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20".

Not sure if it'll help with the random wifi drop.

While you're there, change "dalvik.vm.heapsize=64m" to "dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m"

Wifi calibration,

Turn off your wifi and open up terminal

# su
    # insmod system/etc/wifi/tiwlan_drv.ko <-only if tiwlan_drv.ko is not loaded, check by lsmod
    # start wlan_loader
    # ifconfig tiwlan0 up
    # wlan_cu -b
    # / w p 1 l 2 f 2 <-there is space between each character
    # / t b v 21
    # / t b t 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    # / q
    # /system/bin/rmmod tiwlan_drv

Now you can turn on your wifi.

For mounting media partition,

Try - edit your build.prop and add, "ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/media" and
    "ro.vold.switchablepair=/mnt/sdcard,/mnt/media".

I don't know if this work, but in my CM7 build it work when you turn on USB storage. It will mount both sdcard and media partitions.

For reading epub with Nook App,

Copy your epub to /sdcard/Nook/MyDocuments and refresh in the app.
    Now that we've released CM7 again for the NT I thought I'd best start up a proper support thread. Pleas keep it as back reports and help.

Please use this thread to post feedback and to ask questions. The Dev thread is for exactly that, development and not support! Please keep the development thread clear of support and feedback posts.

Live support may be available on irc.freenode.net irc channel #nook-tablet-chat, if any of us are around we'll be happy to help but don't bug people if they are busy please. A web version of irc is available here http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=nook-tablet-chat

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    • Any other information we may find useful

Know bugs for Internal version will be in post #2

Known Bugs for SD version will be in post #3

I'm awaiting a Mod cleanup of this thread and all previous bugs up until the new release will be removed from this thread, should knock it back down to about 2 or 3 pages and give me the 2nd and 3rd posts I mention above.
    Bugs / Issues from the SD version

System will reboot if you remove the SD card, this is completely normal and you should not remove the SD while device is running from it.

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. search this thread for how to fix the issue on SD release

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    Bugs / Issues from the internal version

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. update zip to be flashed via CWM available HERE

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    New internal release version Alpha Final released today 9th March

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format to keep things easy for us

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    Any other information we may find useful