FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TCPMP crashing with crash.txt error? Miss YouTube, Google video? See this.

145 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By FZ1, Senior Member on 10th July 2008, 05:29 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Upcoming kitchens/roms from dcd (3.2.1), no2chem, and others will be based off a new kernel that causes TCPMP to crash on startup with an error mentioning "crash.txt".

milesmowbray has done an excellent job modding TCPMP for use with the new kernel. Read about it and download the latest .cab here, or my version is attached below.

FlashVideoBundle 1.4.4 by zbop works with his modded TCPMP. Read about it and download the latest .cab here, or my version is attached below.

I've also merged the two .cabs into one oem that's working great for me with dcd's 3.2.1 kitchen, also attached below.

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to offer support for either app, as I'm not the author and only brought the .cabs into a single oem for use in a kitchen. Please post problems with either app in their respective threads.

All credit goes to milesmowbray for TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03, zbop for FlashVideoBundle, and of course dcd, no2chem, and the others that tirelessly scour the internets for ways to improve our titans!

**Note: As of 7/9/08 video.google.com's main page isn't working with FlashVideoBundle 1.4.4. Find the link for "Explore more videos >>" near the bottom of that page to be brought to a working page.**

10th July 2008, 06:37 AM |#2  
Santa Barbara

More
Just what i was looking for.
12th July 2008, 12:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
AVG flagged this:

URL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1215663697
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\tcmp\TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.zip
Virus identified Downloader.Tibs.9.K

anyone else getting this?
12th July 2008, 01:42 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Wierd.

NIS 2008 says it's clean, and nothing strange has tried to get past the firewall. I know Norton Antivirus can miss things, but the firewall's usually pretty anal.

Does AVG give any details about that infection? If you extract the .zip, which file in particular is suspect?
12th July 2008, 04:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
strange, I just extracted the cab and scanned it and it did not show this time. I even tried downloading the file again?? false positive here??
13th July 2008, 07:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Question
is there a version of the TCPMP v0.81 unofficial hybrid that works with the new dcd rom?
13th July 2008, 11:29 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm curious, what does v0.81 do that v0.72RC1 doesn't?

I don't think v0.81 works with FlashVideoBundle...
15th July 2008, 08:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
0.81 plays wmv/wma, and yes 0.81 works with FlashVideoBundle.

it crashes on the new dcd rom though.
28th July 2008, 08:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
thanks
Latest sprint rom was getting crash txt errors. this cured them...thanks.
29th July 2008, 03:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I installed the CABs from the first post, but I still can not view videos on youtube, google, and others. I have the treo 800w if that helps. Also, TCPMP does not give the crash.txt error. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
29th July 2008, 05:34 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
If you weren't getting the "crash.txt" error msg in TCPMP, these files weren't for you. You should be able to follow the instructions in the "read about it" link for FlashVideoBundle in the first post.

Only newer roms require the file versions I posted.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread