Att thrill 4g (lg p925) gingerbread official release ... Rom v20p

Search This thread

TylDurden

May 10, 2009
Anybody having any issues? When I receive a Gmail or try to check my Gmail it just flickers and doesn't respond to any touch. I have to push the home button to get out, if I don't the whole phone reboots. I've tried desyncing and resyncing my gmail. I've Reinstalled the gmail app over the top of it. I've rebooted my phone several times. I can't think of anything else except factory resetting my phone. Which I'd rather not do.

mugenex

Sep 25, 2009
Can some post step by step on how to update with lg tool. I have read the whole comment. But not enough info. Such as do i need to be in recovery mode when i connect to pc to update with lg tool. Also, is it good brick if i am on gingerbread rom with froyo baseband?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Premium App

TylDurden

May 10, 2009
If your in the US, with ATT, and still on official Froyo just go to LGs website and download their update tool. The tool has a link to the drivers and it should just be straight forward. If your forcing the install for whatever reason than this is a pretty good place to start.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535769

mugenex

Sep 25, 2009
I am able to complete the upgrade with lg tool, but stuck at att logo. anyone have that problem and how to fix it now?

Update: clear and wipe data. it is fine now.

Last edited:

obtained

Feb 29, 2012
Tulsa
I am able to complete the upgrade with lg tool, but stuck at att logo. anyone have that problem and how to fix it now?

Update: clear and wipe data. it is fine now.

Turn the phone off and turn back on holding the volume down and 3d button. Erase data and cache.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
Just to clarify, this won't wipe the device right?

Update went smoothly and didn't wipe device. Took 15 minutes total.

It's my brother's phone and he was in a rush so didn't have time to restore root or test if everything else is ok.

Last edited:

obtained

Feb 29, 2012
Tulsa
Can some post step by step on how to update with lg tool. I have read the whole comment. But not enough info. Such as do i need to be in recovery mode when i connect to pc to update with lg tool. Also, is it good brick if i am on gingerbread rom with froyo baseband?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Premium App

What i had to do was:
Get your phones imei and write it down.
Open the lg updater tool as administrator.
Turn phone off.
Plug usb into phone while holding down the volume + button.
Wait for the lg updater tool to connect to phone.
Click customer support, recovery phone on lg updater tool.
Enter phones imei.
After the process is completely finished. It will tell you when it is completely finished. Unplug usb and turn phone on.

Edit: I'm pretty sure these are the exact instructions from the 3rd page of this thread.

Last edited:

burnswords

Aug 11, 2011
Guayaquil
Fm radio??? Wtf???

Please help me...the fm radio isn't working, just crash at the begin...with this rom, can help me?

What is the problem with the v20p?

Has lock that function or what?

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Please help me...the fm radio isn't working, just crash at the begin...with this rom, can help me?

What is the problem with the v20p?

Has lock that function or what?

Am I missing something ?? I didn't know there was an FM radio app
given with the official release.... @burnswords V20P is not an actual Rom,
It is an official ATT package IE: Baseband, Kernel and software all in 1

I dont believe that this phone has the capability of recieving FM radio signal.

Later,
Dwayne

V20P working great, rooted, running 4Mbps down and 1.5Mbps Up on HSPA+

"Battery life still sucks" :0)

hackedout

Feb 14, 2010
Am I missing something ?? I didn't know there was an FM radio app
given with the official release.... @burnswords V20P is not an actual Rom,
It is an official ATT package IE: Baseband, Kernel and software all in 1

Later,
Dwayne

V20P working great, rooted, running 4Mbps down and 1.5Mbps Up on HSPA+

"Battery life still sucks" :0)

The update dose not have the radio in it. The fm radio dose work on all custom roms.

johnw230873

Nov 14, 2007

The phone is able to receive FM, I know when I was looking at the APN issue I had with the Rogers rom, if I changed the setting.xml file it also effected th FM radio. I would have a look at that first and compare a rom you know runs the radio service against V20P

gentzleon

May 7, 2009
Dont update, I have had many missed calls, calls that dont even come to the cell. Seems to have many issues....

burnswords

Aug 11, 2011
Guayaquil
The phone is able to receive FM, I know when I was looking at the APN issue I had with the Rogers rom, if I changed the setting.xml file it also effected th FM radio. I would have a look at that first and compare a rom you know runs the radio service against V20P

Yes you right, I has tried some roms, but from rogers upgrade the FM RADIO have problems, could be the kernel, could be anything, but I need help, I need use the FMRadio frecuently....any idea?

Last edited:

Twisted Z

Sep 22, 2011
Seattle Area
When I updated yesterday,I was having ghost calls too. But I haven't noticed them for several hours.

well we got tired of waiting and got a SGSII to replaces this last week. I kept it around to play with. I just got it hooked to the computer with all the drivers and was very suprised to see it upgrade the phone to the very long over do GB.

We will see how it runn's now.

How do you verify or find out about the ghost calls?

Top Liked Posts