|AOKP Discussion Thread|

Search This thread

Iandv

Nov 27, 2011
I haven't tried it. Ill check it out.

Edit: So what isn't working? It fc on you? Connects but no data?

Sent from my SPH-D710

There's no notification saying that it's been activated. When I try to connect with my laptop, it will try to connect for a long time with no success. Is there a file from alpha 2 I can push to the root of build 28?

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
There's no notification saying that it's been activated. When I try to connect with my laptop, it will try to connect for a long time with no success. Is there a file from alpha 2 I can push to the root of build 28?

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work and im at work right now and can't test to see if it's just a fluke for you. I will try it when I get home in the next couple hours or maybe someone will chime in if they have used it on the recent build.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Iandv

Nov 27, 2011
I'm surprised that that this bug isn't mentioned in the op. I guess no one has ever tried. I need it to transmit my payroll every week from my handheld computer. I don't understand why it only works in alpha 2. I pushed all the files related to wifi from alpha 2 to the root of build 28 with no luck.

Last edited:

Nebbeh

Jun 26, 2011
Very happy with battery on the latest build. This was its first run, too!

lqPt4.jpg
qcPwC.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Iandv

Nov 27, 2011
Can someone try wifi hotspot on build 28 and verify that other devices can connect and browse or not? It would be nice to know I'm not the only one.

cidica

Aug 9, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Looks like you may not have signal. Or possibly you have lost 3g data.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

He's on WiFi however that might be what's causing the issue. Sometimes WiFi has caused issues with sending MMS which has happened. I've seen my signal go down like his is in that picture yet things still work. I'd suggest turning off WiFi and trying to resend it and see if that does work.

andrewqueen

Jul 20, 2011
Chesapeake, Virginia
But I have been texting perfectly fine without getting that message, and I have tried restarting it but it still doesn't send, I've tried going to 3g, still doesn't send

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
But I have been texting perfectly fine without getting that message, and I have tried restarting it but it still doesn't send, I've tried going to 3g, still doesn't send

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sms doesn't use data, so if you had data loss, phone calls and texts would still work. Turn off wifi, reboot, see if 3g icon comes up. If it does, try sending the picture. If it doesn't, make sure data is turned on in settings. Have you tried sending a pic through go Sms?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

basketthis

May 23, 2011
Experiencing LOS still with fc22 kernel/modem. Starting to wonder if I flashed something improperly or out of order. I have lost service a couple times up to this point today. :eek:

Open source ftw!
Step-by-step solution to everything: If you experience an issue and can't figure it out yourself, ask on the forum. If somebody suggests something, you try it. If that doesn't work for you, then maybe you're doing it wrong (or you need a different rom).

firket2000

May 2, 2010
Des Moines IA
Experiencing LOS still with fc22 kernel/modem. Starting to wonder if I flashed something improperly or out of order. I have lost service a couple times up to this point today. :eek:

Open source ftw!
Step-by-step solution to everything: If you experience an issue and can't figure it out yourself, ask on the forum. If somebody suggests something, you try it. If that doesn't work for you, then maybe you're doing it wrong (or you need a different rom).

I was getting real bad los on FC22 modern I went back to fc15 modern with FC22 Kernel and haven't seen any since

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: basketthis

basketthis

May 23, 2011
I was getting real bad los on FC22 modern I went back to fc15 modern with FC22 Kernel and haven't seen any since

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Will try. Thanks for the input!

Open source ftw!

Alex1123

Sep 12, 2010
i was wondering do u guys think it would be possible to port tablet mode onto the epic 4g touch like have a option in setting to switch between tablet and phone mode that would be awesome in this rom if possible and if you dont know what tablet mode is its basically like having the ics version for a tablet, im guessing there might be something in to enable it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check here for the details of the old thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27412962
    All I can say is WOW! This build is coming along really nice. Very minor little bugs that of course has already been mentioned and is known about. Everyone involved has done a really great job. I can't wait to see how this thing progresses.

On a side note to TCP. Have you thought any about doing a Vanilla ICS ROM? I know alot of people love these extra tweaks but Im sure some would like a Pure Vanilla like what comes on the Gnex. Its just an idea to throw around. Again you guys have done a great job.

Yea i do have a vanilla rom, just never shared, ill upload later tonight when i get home from work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Hmmm... B39?? :D

Here is my own personal PORT of Build 39. Take it for what it is. I dont have an updated kernel since FF02 so that is what is included. I will not be maintaining it. Should work well enough to feed the need.

DOWNLOAD
    I know a lot of people were being douchebags because they didn't get an update every 3 days but what i want to know...

Did the development actually stop and the thread got closed down or...

...did they just close the thread because of those people mentioned above and once 38+ gets its kinks worked out it will be back?

Hasn't stopped. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    i dont really think thats appropriate. times_infinity is a well respected dev who came over and has since made aokp from source. he managed to figure out a lot of teh bugs and get it rolling pretty damn well in the time its taken him. (i started to work on making aokp from source myself about a week or so ago, got it compiling just not booting)

he doesnt have the device and he did a crapload of work to put out build 39, so i guess im failing to see where he isnt wanting to help?

i thought you were real busy with medical stuff and didnt have a whole lot of time? hence why aokp was still on build 37 cuz you had to swap libs and apks etc etc from the galaxy nexus build. his is purely a source built version which means that he can do it every week when a new version comes out and it takes compile time + upload. i figured youd be thanking him for helping relieve soime of teh workload off you... apparently i was wrong...

I logged on just for this :D, yea i was a bit moody for the past couple weeks, I do appreciate everything he has done :D, and i didnt mean the things i posted ( thats why they are gone :p) sorry for acting like a ****, wont happend again ;)

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

yea dont flash.ive bricked. do not flash

o really? how was this? the rom has emmc brick fix, and a safe recovery everything so u dont brick ( thanks to chris)