FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+]

11,221 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,494

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th May 2011, 09:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2012, 03:04 PM |#2161  
I think patience is needed here guys.

The Developer has a lot, and I mean a lot, of other projects on his plate.
I know he is not the sort of Dev who would abandon a project like this, without notification.

His statistics say it all.

Patience is a virtue, as they say.

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buzzboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buzzboy Ad-Free

23rd March 2012, 03:48 PM |#2162  
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 750

More
You re right btw hoping in an update soon :thumbup:

Inviato dal mio LG-P690 usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to denzel09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift denzel09 Ad-Free
25th March 2012, 07:39 AM |#2163  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question Help to customer please
Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ

I have a SGS2, rooted but running stock Android ROM.

A simple question, is there a way to undo or "unfix" the market settings? Meaning, I don't want the THD apps to appear in my market.

P.S. I'd search for an answer in this thread. But for some reason, I can't find the search button.

I want do the same because it messed up my market, now there is nothing when I click on "my applications" and where try to download an already bought app it wants me to buy them again, that's too aggravating. Any solution so far?

I did purchase it, don't want uninstall it as first option...
TIA

Btw: my device is Samsung Galaxy Note.
25th March 2012, 06:33 PM |#2164  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Regarding the ICS (actually HC & ICS) update for nightmode and related settings, it is coming, as soon as I figure it out(!). It may sounds like something simple to fix, but keep in mind they changed the entire rendering engine for Android in HC and ICS. Essentially half of CF3D needs to be completely rewritten - it may not even be possible. It will probably come as no surprise that since the Galaxy Nexus came out I've already spent about a hundred hours on this, even though it has not lead to fruitful results (yet).

If/when it comes, focus will be (as it has always been) on Samsung Exynos devices.

Regarding Market, I'm not sure if the Market Fix will ever be 100% operational again, Google keeps changing things around. That being said, for me, it still works, pretty much reliably. To revert, uninstall the drivers, clear Market data and cache, and reboot.

I know a number of you expect there will be Tegra3 plugins and whatnot. Let me tell you right now: there will not be. The plugins that already exist for CF3D are related only to texture formats and such. Barring a few basic compatibility things , CF3D does not fully emulate a specific GPU, and a number of things used by various games would be extremely complex to duplicate/emulate. While I do enjoy mucking around with such things, it's simply not worth the effort, due to enormous time investment for minor adaptations, coupled with how much CPU/GPU it can take to do.

In the time since CF3D has been created, these GPUs have transitioned from fairly basic things to pretty much the desktop GPUs of a few years ago, capability, performance, and power-wise. While when CF3D started out such things were somewhat managable, I doubt this will be the case for the future.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 07:16 PM |#2165  
Flag Amaliada
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Regarding the ICS (actually HC & ICS) update for nightmode and related settings, it is coming, as soon as I figure it out(!). It may sounds like something simple to fix, but keep in mind they changed the entire rendering engine for Android in HC and ICS. Essentially half of CF3D needs to be completely rewritten - it may not even be possible. It will probably come as no surprise that since the Galaxy Nexus came out I've already spent about a hundred hours on this, even though it has not lead to fruitful results (yet).

If/when it comes, focus will be (as it has always been) on Samsung Exynos devices.

Regarding Market, I'm not sure if the Market Fix will ever be 100% operational again, Google keeps changing things around. That being said, for me, it still works, pretty much reliably. To revert, uninstall the drivers, clear Market data and cache, and reboot.

I know a number of you expect there will be Tegra3 plugins and whatnot. Let me tell you right now: there will not be. The plugins that already exist for CF3D are related only to texture formats and such. Barring a few basic compatibility things , CF3D does not fully emulate a specific GPU, and a number of things used by various games would be extremely complex to duplicate/emulate. While I do enjoy mucking around with such things, it's simply not worth the effort, due to enormous time investment for minor adaptations, coupled with how much CPU/GPU it can take to do.

In the time since CF3D has been created, these GPUs have transitioned from fairly basic things to pretty much the desktop GPUs of a few years ago, capability, performance, and power-wise. While when CF3D started out such things were somewhat managable, I doubt this will be the case for the future.

Well,even if most functionality breaks,CF3D is worth having for at least enabling MSAA.
25th March 2012, 09:05 PM |#2166  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626

Well,even if most functionality breaks,CF3D is worth having for at least enabling MSAA.

What games does msaa work for you?

Sent via Samsung Skyrocket with Sky ICS
25th March 2012, 09:30 PM |#2167  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Good to hear from you Chain! I'm just happy to know some work is being done on this.
You have a whole community here who can help. Just let us know if you need anything.

Just some things I've seen on ics :
Nightmode works in the gallery2.apk, in need for speed shift, and hot pursuit. I had it on nightmode and forgot about it, then noticed the gallery was red and there were red shadows under the cars in the games.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
26th March 2012, 12:16 AM |#2168  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzboy

I think patience is needed here guys.

The Developer has a lot, and I mean a lot, of other projects on his plate.
I know he is not the sort of Dev who would abandon a project like this, without notification.

His statistics say it all.

Patience is a virtue, as they say.

Regards

All this could be justifiable, if the app was totally free... but when you put a paid version on the market, it's reasonable that your clients begin to demand a more quick resolution for certain problems, bugs, etc...
26th March 2012, 12:54 AM |#2169  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo

All this could be justifiable, if the app was totally free... but when you put a paid version on the market, it's reasonable that your clients begin to demand a more quick resolution for certain problems, bugs, etc...

Well, the app itself is free. We just paid extra for the extra stuff to support the dev. And this is more than just a bug, the application needs rewritten. And since Chainfire isn't a company, and mobile Odin has saved my phone many times, I think we can afford him a little leeway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigt2003 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bigt2003 Ad-Free
26th March 2012, 07:43 AM |#2170  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,208

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Just to set the record straight - I happen to use cf.lumen on Typhoon GB ROM.

I do not use it on Tytung's ICS ROM.

BUT I did not get the PRO version of CF3D for Windows Mobile to use cf.lumen.
I did not get the PRO version of CF3D for Android to use cf.lumen.
I also did not purchase the PRO version of any other chainfire app to use cf.lumen.

If it is available and it works I say thanks.

If not, the products / apps that I purchased I did because they filled a need at the time when I purchased them.

Your efforts are, as always, appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NYLimited Ad-Free
26th March 2012, 10:14 AM |#2171  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo

That's utter nonsense. If it doesn't work when you buy it, you can get your money back. Furthermore, you have this entitlement thing about updates. You buy an app that works when you buy it, there is absolutely no guarantee it will be updated later or will work on newer Android versions and/or devices. Big corps let you just buy a new version when that time comes.

Buying somebody the equivalent of a beer, does not entitle you to unlimited developer time and work. This will never ever be this way for any developer in the tools category.

You get something at time of purchase, you are not entitled to anything else. That many developers do give you updates and whatnot, is great, but not something you're entitled to. Sure, we could go that way, but then all the apps would be $20. What you want is for developer to slave away forever and not get paid, for your convenience. Not going to happen. This isn't something technically trivial like Angry Birds.

Please let me know your transaction number, I will refund you, and ask you to never use any of my products again ever.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chainfire3d

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)