[FIRMWARE][6.0.A.3.67] Xperia S (2.3.7) - NL Generic (cleanest stock, .73 available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Hello guys!

I just packed up .67 Generic NL to an FTF, and Korumera was kind enough to host it:

Xperia_S_6.0.A.3.67_1257-1993 (Generic NL).ftf @
http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Sony (Ericsson)/SE Xperia S (LT26i)/ORIGINAL ROMS (FTF)/

It's the cleanest of all currently available customizations.
Many bloatware apps can be removed straight away (without root), and it does not contain PlayStation store, Music Unlimited or Video Unlimited.

Update 13/04
The update to .73 is now available for this customization, you can upgrade using PC Companion or Update Service.

Unremovable:
- Citizen Alert (cell broadcast inbox, doesn't do anything, tiny app)
- Music and Videos (the ones pulled from Facebook)
- Google+
- Recommended (the thing that pulls from Facebook)

Removable:
- McAfee
- Power Saver
- Data Monitor
- PlayNow
- Xperia Hotshots
- Xperia Football
- and more ...

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think!

NO ROOT REQUIRED, NO BOOTLOADER UNLOCK REQUIRED, WILL NOT VOID WARRANTY

You can flash this without losing any data!
If you uncheck the "wipe userdata" box in Flashtool before flashing, you will not lose any data. You can convert from any customization to this one without any problems!

To flash this, follow the following steps:

For starters, make sure you have Flashtool installed. If you have issues with Flashtool, make sure you also have PC Companion or Sony Update Service installed.

1. Download the .ftf file to your computer and place it in the Flashtool\Firmwares folder.
  2. Open Flashtool and click the lightning bolt in the menu bar.
  3. Select Flashmode and click OK
  4. Select the right firmware in the left column (Xperia_S, 6.0.A.3.67, 1257-1993).
  5. Check or uncheck "Wipe User Data". If selected, all user data will be deleted. If you want to update or change customization without losing data, uncheck it.
  6. Click OK and wait for the instruction to unplug the device, ...
  7. Turn your phone OFF, and plug it in while keeping the volume down button pressed.
  8. Follow the steps in the main window of Flashtool, wait until the flashing is done.

Enjoy your Xperia S!
Ambroos

kGF3c.jpg

Last edited:

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
I'm not exactly sure, I haven't tested Generic UK. I do think the Generic NL is cleaner when you remove all apps, since it doesn't contain Music and Video unlimited.

S

Solid Eye

Ah, if you just post it an hour earlier! :)
I already flushed the UK version and it's really good regarding the browser!
it's now so much faster than it was on 62 version ... THANKS anyway

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Ah, if you just post it an hour earlier! :)
I already flushed the UK version and it's really good regarding the browser!
it's now so much faster than it was on 62 version ... THANKS anyway

You can flash .ftf's without losing any data! Just uncheck "wipe userdata" in Flashtool before you flash, and you can change your firmware without losing any data ;)

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium

For starters, make sure you have Flashtool installed. If you have issues with Flashtool, make sure you also have PC Companion or Sony Update Service installed.

1. Download the .ftf file to your computer and place it in the Flashtool\Firmwares folder.
  4. Select the right firmware in the left column (Xperia_S, 6.0.A.3.67, 1257-1993).
  5. Check or uncheck "Wipe User Data". If selected, all user data will be deleted. If you want to update or change customization without losing data, uncheck it.
  7. Turn your phone OFF, and plug it in while keeping the volume down button pressed.
  8. Follow the steps in the main window of Flashtool, wait until the flashing is done.

arkedk

Sep 13, 2010
Copenhagen
ASUS ZenFone 8
What is the differnce between Generic NL and Generic UK?

There is no difference in any firmwares for the whole Xperia line (Within the same device ofcourse).
Well other than different region bloat. The firmwares contain the same languages, same features and same software. You can even cross between the i, a and Japanese softwares, but that will mostly make PCC and SEUS not recognize it when it reads the build.prop and some other identifying files.

I've always jumped to the region where the newest firmware would be released when the X10 was getting updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: goten75

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
There is no difference in any firmwares for the whole Xperia line (Within the same device ofcourse).
Well other than different region bloat. The firmwares contain the same languages, same features and same software. You can even cross between the i, a and Japanese softwares, but that will mostly make PCC and SEUS not recognize it when it reads the build.prop and some other identifying files.

I've always jumped to the region where the newest firmware would be released when the X10 was getting updates.

Exactly. The only difference is the amount of bloatware that comes with it.

I've provided this file for people who want to flash it without having to unlock their bootloader and root their phone. I don't like unlocking mine, and I sure don't want to root my telephone.

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Thanks, but when after making the folder and copying the files to it, I still get a warning about the device not being recognized.

*screenshot here*

I did however start the flash, and it seems to have finished fine.

You shouldn't connect the device before you start the flashing process. Just click the flash button and follow the steps, then connect it when Flashtool asks you to connect a phone to flash.

Reactions: CornelisZ

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Are there anyone (hopefully) working on this pre-rooted 1gb image? I tried, but i had errors mounting the system.img (already extracted from ftf to system.sin, then used system.sin (sin2img) to convert into system.img, but when I mount the system.img I had errors (it's not ext4, it's yaffs2 I believe, and I don't know how to work with yaffs2 in ubuntu).

Any guides? :)

Are there anyone (hopefully) working on this pre-rooted 1gb image? I tried, but i had errors mounting the system.img (already extracted from ftf to system.sin, then used system.sin (sin2img) to convert into system.img, but when I mount the system.img I had errors (it's not ext4, it's yaffs2 I believe, and I don't know how to work with yaffs2 in ubuntu).

Why should anyone work on it - just flash it with flashtool.

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Why should anyone work on it - just flash it with flashtool.

working on it as in - root, increase system size (instead of 4xx MB, u can get a full 1xxxMB); customization, update system applications, etc.

I have actually quite a few mods from other devs that people might appreciate, which includes,
-notification widgets, Xperia 2011 style toggles
-youtube hd (not HQ)
-init.d script support
-CPU governers (min-max)

etc.

gbil

May 19, 2008

The filesystem is definitely ext4. I haven't tried to mount the provided updated image, but the original image was definitely ext4 and as such is also mounted in the phone.

Reactions: kazuni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys!

I just packed up .67 Generic NL to an FTF, and Korumera was kind enough to host it:

Xperia_S_6.0.A.3.67_1257-1993 (Generic NL).ftf @
    http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Sony (Ericsson)/SE Xperia S (LT26i)/ORIGINAL ROMS (FTF)/

It's the cleanest of all currently available customizations.
    Many bloatware apps can be removed straight away (without root), and it does not contain PlayStation store, Music Unlimited or Video Unlimited.

Update 13/04
    The update to .73 is now available for this customization, you can upgrade using PC Companion or Update Service.

Unremovable:
    - Citizen Alert (cell broadcast inbox, doesn't do anything, tiny app)
    - Music and Videos (the ones pulled from Facebook)
    - Google+
    - Recommended (the thing that pulls from Facebook)

Removable:
    - McAfee
    - Power Saver
    - Data Monitor
    - PlayNow
    - Xperia Hotshots
    - Xperia Football
    - and more ...

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think!

NO ROOT REQUIRED, NO BOOTLOADER UNLOCK REQUIRED, WILL NOT VOID WARRANTY

You can flash this without losing any data!
    If you uncheck the "wipe userdata" box in Flashtool before flashing, you will not lose any data. You can convert from any customization to this one without any problems!

Enjoy your Xperia S!
    Ambroos

kGF3c.jpg

Flashing it now :)

and your welcome for the hosting! :)
    Does this ROM include root? or should i flash this on top of the pre-rooted?

This is completely stock firmware, not a ROM. It does not include root or any modifications. Flashing this has the same result as flashing Generic NL firmware with PC Companion or Update Service.
    Big Image here
    FT v0.6.8.0

Download LT26 deviceconfig from here:
    https://github.com/Androxyde/Flashtool/tree/master/devicesConfig

And put it in corresponding folder of your flashtool install.