MTC "Russian words" app.

Search This thread

v8dreaming

Aug 15, 2010
N. Las Vegas
There's this app in the market that is showing up as being installed on my phone after flashing Malice. I have no idea what it is, but it's by OJSC Mobile Telesystems and it's all in Russian. It's been in the market for well over a year, but according to the feedback, nobody knows where this thing came from.

What is this thing?

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ojsc+mobile+telesystems&c=apps

I found a link to all their apps in the Google Play store, but the one in question isn't showing up in that list.

Orangetato

Aug 29, 2011
Same for me. Just decided to show up on my list of app updates today on Market, but I have NO idea where it came from. I certainly haven't seen it or heard of it before.

From reading the comments though, it seems like it may be tied to the Samsung mail app? One person said taht they think it came with the latest Samsung app installer update. They deleted that from their systems app and this MTC thing got uninstalled.

I have no idea where this app would be on my phone if I wanted to search for it...

chubros

Oct 31, 2011
Levadia
Same thing here. It just appears as an update from googleplay. No option to uninstall. Any idea? (SGSII with ics stock rom)

peconaut

Mar 16, 2011
Same running BEASTMOD5 and randomly show up. Soviet just flag it and ignore it for now

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

frescoraja

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just uninstalled samsung apps, cleared market cache, but it is still there. When i try to update, says there was an error (403).

Anyone else have any luck removing this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

DavidCDean

Dec 5, 2011
Same here, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.

Must have attempted to install from something else (possibly the mail app, but who knows).

I declined it and it doesn't appear to be in the apps list. Flagged in the store with the thousands of others.

juno256

Jan 15, 2009
Same here. Samsugn Galaxy SII using stock rom. Showed up yesterday.

They are saying it got released using the same code....

It's not a virus but it's not useful anyway :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Number five thread? There is no malware from that apparently on your phone. It is an issue with the GOOGLE PLAY STORE. just flag it so they can get rid of it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium