[Q] How to delete OJSC Mobile Telesystems?

Search This thread

lordsom

Oct 2, 2011
Mumbai
Puzzled!

I'm using the unrooted 2.3.6 INU stock ROM.....and its a part of the update!

Have cancelled the update though.

raymundka

Jun 7, 2011
Budapest
What this app actually is

I've found this (pls note that C reads S in Russian)

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/communication/mts-voicemail_ccffs.html

I think it's no maleware, it only appears as an update at Play Store by some mistake. I had this update around May/June last year and it messed up my phone totally. The update made all apps force close and I had to make a factory reset.

That time I was on some 2.3.4 build, now on XXLPQ 4.0.3
My phone is factory unlocked and I live in Hungary.

For your own sake, DO NOT install the update and turn off automatic updates.
I'm not sure it's worth remove stock apps just in order not to see it among available updates.

Ibsonic

Jan 25, 2012
Netherlands
Hmm weird, ppl with custom roms/ without custom roms, root it doesnt matter.. its like everyone has it ?

Custom roms without social Hubs also has it..

lokers

Oct 21, 2010
Oslo
gah!

Same here, all stock official Samsung updated to ICS and non-rooted SGS S2.

MTS zombie app that cannot be removed.

Google or Samsung I don't care who's fault this is.
get. this. thing. off. my. phone. now.

BloomTwig

Oct 12, 2011
Stockholm
Ok, so this is completely unrelated to root/unroot? My GF just got this and we managed to get it away, but in the process I uninstalled the real social hub and TB can't restore it..

Any other ideas why this happend?

catchmeu

Mar 19, 2008
Seven Engine APK

use Root explorer, go to /system/app and delete or move Seven Engine apk to somewhere else. You must be rooted. And the app will be gone!:D

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
use Root explorer, go to /system/app and delete or move Seven Engine apk to somewhere else. You must be rooted. And the app will be gone!:D

Confirmed working.

Weird though; Kies Air also showed up with an update for me. I also had to move this out of /system/app. Both apps were previously frozen using TiBU.

ratcityrain

Oct 7, 2010
Seattle
I just tried this and it appeared to work and I am not rooted

What I did here was:
1) go to settings, applications, manage applications & find google play.
2)open google play & hit "clear data". Then un-install google play.
3)open up the old market app found in all your apps. Once open, click on "my apps" and you will see that it is now gone.

I don't know if this app will show back up if you update to the new google play as I have not tried that yet.

aucirob

Dec 18, 2011
Restore GooglePlay

The method used is right just clear cache and delete data and work no need to uninstall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app appeared too in my google play store. Deleting the social hub app (there are two, the one with the little blue icon was the right one i think) with titanium backup removed this of my apps list. Hope this helps :)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Got this in my phone with XWLP2 also. Along with this I have Testfile by SFUKUDA in my installed app list.

Testfile is the app allshare from samsung i think. I deleted allshare and testfile disappeared.
    Remove МТС Мобильная Почта - OJSC Mobile TeleSystems

com.seven.Z7 removal process! :)

Remove "Social Hub 7.52.*" via Titanium Backup.

# white Mail icon with blue "s" inside circle.

I can't post Images/URL: imgur .com /a/26q2z/embed :D
    This app appeared too in my google play store. Deleting the social hub app (there are two, the one with the little blue icon was the right one i think) with titanium backup removed this of my apps list. Hope this helps :)

Aye this worked for me too. Removed the samsung social hub app with titanium backup. It is indeed the one with an envelop icon with a little blue S on it ;)
    Wow. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I'll gladly leave now.

Some people just have no manners, or perhaps just forgot where they left them... :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. You'll find most members to be happy to help but well y'know.... there's always one....
    bulletin_board_suzy_zoo_manners_deco.gif

I was surprised to find it was apparently first install Market since HTC's prior hadn't noticed the issue as always remove Seven Engine.