[Q] Modify Stock Lockscreen

Search This thread

galamdring

Mar 26, 2012
Hey all, been a reader for a couple months now, first time poster.

I am running Supercharged 5.2 on the Atrix 2 (MB865)
Replacing the lockscreen with an App isn't an option for me if I want to keep my work email on the phone.
I'm wondering if there is any way to make modifications to the lockscreen? I love the changes that were made for Supercharged, but I would like to take it a step further, but don't know where to start.
If possible, I would love to be able to convince the phone that something such as widgetlocker was the built-in lockscreen.

Anyone have any ideas? Or a starting direction?

T

tmease1

This is probably not what you are looking for but i use widgetlocker and it works good for me if i give it superuser permissions.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net

Replacing the lockscreen with an App isn't an option for me if I want to keep my work email on the phone.
I'm wondering if there is any way to make modifications to the lockscreen? I love the changes that were made for Supercharged, but I would like to take it a step further, but don't know where to start.
If possible, I would love to be able to convince the phone that something such as widgetlocker was the built-in lockscreen.

You going to have to break apart the framework-res.apk and add a lock screen image (i think the zz_moto_lockscreen_sd_door.png file is missing from SCV5), possibly edit the related xml file, then put it back together and push it to your phone with adb... i've never done it but i'm sure with some proper searching and researching, you could pull it off..

the lockscreen image should be in /system/framework/framework-res.apk --> open the apk --> framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi

Attached is the stock lock screen, if you can manage to slip it in there...without bricking your phone

Attachments

• zz_moto_lockscreen_sd_door.jpg
    zz_moto_lockscreen_sd_door.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Reactions: galamdring

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Did you figure it out yet? I managed to swap the lockscreen on the atrixblaze rom to the stock lockscreen (just to see if i could).. and it was pretty simple.

You need an apk tool like APK Manager or the MultiTool (i did it with APK Manager, since i read that there may be some issues with the MultiTool), then copy to your computer, and using APK Manager "extract zip" the framework-res.apk, swap out the lockscreen image file, and re-zip the apk with the APK Manager (it gets more complicated if you're editing xml files, but for images only this works well). Copy the modified framework-res.apk to your sd card, then using root explorer, copy it to your /system folder (you need to copy it here before moving it to the framework folder so you can change the permissions). Change the permissions to chmod 644 (like shown in the 3rd attached pic), then MOVE (do not copy) to the framework folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite - say yes. Reboot. And done.

But, I didn't see a lockscreen file in SCV5, so this may not work for you at all. You could try to add it and hope that everything that references that image is still intact in the xml files..

NOTE: Please install the CWM on Boot before you try swapping your framework-res.apk, it can save you a lot of trouble if something goes wrong ;)

Attachments

• 1332856569831.jpg
    1332856569831.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 1332910632832.jpg
    1332910632832.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 99
  • permissions.png
    permissions.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: galamdring

galamdring

Mar 26, 2012
Thank you for the suggestions. I actually haven't been able to get the CWM on boot to work with SCV5.2.
I ended up finding a different way around. When it comes right down to it I hate the stock lockscreen. If I wanted to be stuck with a simple slide to unlock, I would just go back to the iPhone.
Was frustrating the hell out of me that my work email could place that kind of restriction on me.
So I hunted, and found an email app that used the webDav interface instead of directly accessing the Exchange Server, thus no device admin.
Maildroid was what worked for me with Exchange 2010.

Then to get the calendar on my phone, I used the Google Calendar Sync on my work computer, so no more need for device admin for any of it.

Got WidgetLocker and loving it.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Thank you for the suggestions. I actually haven't been able to get the CWM on boot to work with SCV5.2.
I ended up finding a different way around. When it comes right down to it I hate the stock lockscreen. If I wanted to be stuck with a simple slide to unlock, I would just go back to the iPhone.
Was frustrating the hell out of me that my work email could place that kind of restriction on me.
So I hunted, and found an email app that used the webDav interface instead of directly accessing the Exchange Server, thus no device admin.
Maildroid was what worked for me with Exchange 2010.

Then to get the calendar on my phone, I used the Google Calendar Sync on my work computer, so no more need for device admin for any of it.

Got WidgetLocker and loving it.

Ahhhh. Yea, I hooked up to my work email at one time and it made me put on a pin or screen lock. So, I uninstalled it - don't really need my work email on my phone - or i can just check it through the web.
Glad you found a work-around though.. this may help some others with a similar issue.

galamdring

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, I hunted for days to try to find some form of work around. Most of the email apps either only support exchange 2007 or have the same device admin forced settings.

galamdring

Mar 26, 2012
I had seen a patch to the built in email app, but I couldn't get it to work with the blur crapola. I would like to try cyanogen, but until we get an unlocked bootloader or Jim and lfaber get safestrap working, guess I'm stuck. :)

Thanks for the responses. Nice to finally join a community that's all about helping and doesn't tolerate trolls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You going to have to break apart the framework-res.apk and add a lock screen image (i think the zz_moto_lockscreen_sd_door.png file is missing from SCV5), possibly edit the related xml file, then put it back together and push it to your phone with adb... i've never done it but i'm sure with some proper searching and researching, you could pull it off..

the lockscreen image should be in /system/framework/framework-res.apk --> open the apk --> framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi

Attached is the stock lock screen, if you can manage to slip it in there...without bricking your phone
    Did you figure it out yet? I managed to swap the lockscreen on the atrixblaze rom to the stock lockscreen (just to see if i could).. and it was pretty simple.

You need an apk tool like APK Manager or the MultiTool (i did it with APK Manager, since i read that there may be some issues with the MultiTool), then copy to your computer, and using APK Manager "extract zip" the framework-res.apk, swap out the lockscreen image file, and re-zip the apk with the APK Manager (it gets more complicated if you're editing xml files, but for images only this works well). Copy the modified framework-res.apk to your sd card, then using root explorer, copy it to your /system folder (you need to copy it here before moving it to the framework folder so you can change the permissions). Change the permissions to chmod 644 (like shown in the 3rd attached pic), then MOVE (do not copy) to the framework folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite - say yes. Reboot. And done.

But, I didn't see a lockscreen file in SCV5, so this may not work for you at all. You could try to add it and hope that everything that references that image is still intact in the xml files..

NOTE: Please install the CWM on Boot before you try swapping your framework-res.apk, it can save you a lot of trouble if something goes wrong ;)