UK Orange 6.1 Update

Search This thread

stuart-online

Jun 8, 2008
:):)

Well after several calls to UK Orange business tech support they have send me the ROM update file:

RUU_Kaiser_ORANGE_UK_3[1].28.61.0R_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Test.EXE

They didn't know when it would be officially released, but if you are needing 6.1 and don't wont to void your warranty with Hard SPL - there is a solution you can ask for.

PS - comes up with "test only" in orange boot screen - cool

madgerald

Aug 23, 2006
This is great news, ive been in contact with orange tech support regarding this file for a few weeks now since i found the update page without the link to the new file, if you could upload this somewhere that would be fantastic!

Jygar

Dec 25, 2006
Gloucester
Your having better luck than me with T-Mobile, I have been on at them for 3months now and all I have been told is July/August to coinside with the Vario 4 release.

Congrats dude.

K

k1nn34r

Right I have been onto orange technical support now for about an hour i have quite an eager assistant. He is doing some serious digging, he has come back to me with the official report which is:
Although there is an official update page there is no official update file as yet as orange software writers have to remove all the "good stuff" and replace it with "orange junk". Within the coming weeks an update file may appear without any notice to orange customers. If orange is not happy with the software due to bugs or technical reasons the update maybe delayed as orange want all their customers to be happy

I sent him back saying I want the test file, so he has gone to get in touch with his friend in the business technical support

Orange WM6.1 TEST OS 5.2.19212 (Build 19212.1.0.3)
http://rapidshare.com/files/1316758...dio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Test.exe.html

Orange WM6.0
http://rapidshare.com/files/132091552/OrangeUK_WM6.0_1.81.61.2_WWE.rar.html

Edit
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOOK UP THE TEST FILE IS ABOVE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(thanks noonski)

Last edited:

SiJ2000

May 8, 2008
Please keep us updated... I really want this update also... Hopefully it will stop my phone vibrating itself to death (well dead battery anyway!) when it gets an email!!

K

k1nn34r

yeah i have noticed that bug too i noticed if you hit it pretty hard though it shuts up LOL i am getting onto orange again with no success will keep trying

K

k1nn34r

they say its only avaliable to business customers, more to come when i chance to write it...

if you are an orange business customer please get in contact with orange and get us that update

SiJ2000

May 8, 2008
That's BS!

I am a Business customer and Business Customer Services knew nothing about it!!

I saw your post and got all excited, so I called them!!

If anyone does get hold of it, I would love a link! ;)