FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][S Series][14.06.12] Virtuous Prime 9.4.2.28 v1

4,502 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,558

By Diamondback, Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer on 22nd February 2012, 10:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th March 2012, 01:38 PM |#1121  
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows

Well, then theoretically, unrooting would make movies available. Then you could just root back again after that...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Unless I did something wrong, I tried that exact work-around but was unable to play movies...I actually think it is because of the unlocked bootloader and not root, since I WAS able to play movies before unlocking even though I was rooted.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

29th March 2012, 03:10 PM |#1122  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi guys, it's coming out new version 9.4.2.21 of Asus update for Transformer Prime, will be a new version of Virtuous S too?
Thanks to all
29th March 2012, 03:11 PM |#1123  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lroby

hi guys, it's coming out new version 9.4.2.21 of Asus update for Transformer Prime, will be a new version of Virtuous S too?
Thanks to all

Is it really that difficult to read further up in the thread where you're asking the question?
29th March 2012, 03:51 PM |#1124  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry
Sorry, i just saw main title of thread is still talking about actual version (.15 V2) and posted a simple question for curiosity.. i didn't wont to make someone angry

please forgive me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulctcher

Is it really that difficult to read further up in the thread where you're asking the question?

29th March 2012, 06:11 PM |#1125  
Flag androidtopia
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lroby

Thanks to all

yes. there will be a new version
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxdroidxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxxdroidxxx Ad-Free
29th March 2012, 06:41 PM |#1126  
OP Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer

More
New version is currently in testing process.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Diamondback Ad-Free
29th March 2012, 06:51 PM |#1127  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback

New version is currently in testing process.

Diamondback, is there any way we can get a flashable purely STOCK zip for the new update? Not Virutous series, but, a stock rooted, busybox, etc. ROM?

I know you are pretty active on here and I want the update badly, however, I know I shouldn't take the OTA if I have an unlocked bootloader and root, cause it could result in hard-brick. Is this the case still?

I am running STOCK, no modifications or anything, other than having root and an unlocked bootloader (oh, and CWM installed and working correctly). Is it safe or no?
29th March 2012, 07:22 PM |#1128  
Flag androidtopia
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky059

Diamondback, is there any way we can get a flashable purely STOCK zip for the new update? Not Virutous series, but, a stock rooted, busybox, etc. ROM?

I know you are pretty active on here and I want the update badly, however, I know I shouldn't take the OTA if I have an unlocked bootloader and root, cause it could result in hard-brick. Is this the case still?

I am running STOCK, no modifications or anything, other than having root and an unlocked bootloader (oh, and CWM installed and working correctly). Is it safe or no?

Would like to know this to.
29th March 2012, 07:27 PM |#1129  
OP Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

flashing a rom which is NOT in CWM zip format whith an unlocked bootloader/installed CWM can result in a hard brick yes.
I wouldn't recommend doing this.
If you have an unlocked bootloader only flash roms in zip format.
29th March 2012, 07:31 PM |#1130  
Flag Los Angeles area, CA
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:

I want the update badly...

The updates (OTAs) are put into Virtuous ROM within a few days -- the Virtuous team is really on top of things. The next version (v3) will surely have the OTA code in it and will probably be released very soon.
29th March 2012, 07:47 PM |#1131  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback

flashing a rom which is NOT in CWM zip format whith an unlocked bootloader/installed CWM can result in a hard brick yes.
I wouldn't recommend doing this.
If you have an unlocked bootloader only flash roms in zip format.

Thank you for your quick reply. Is there anyway you can make a flashable zip for the STOCK 9.2.4.21 update in CWM format for all of us that want to stay STOCK??

I saw your request for a system dump in the General forum and was wondering if this is what it was for? I know there is one for the 9.2.4.15 update in the all-inclusive thread with ROMS and Kernals, but, was wondering if you could make one for the new update as well (pure stock with su and busybox; not a Virtuous series ROM). Anyone??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)