[ROM][2.3.5][Sense 3.5][VM] Jmz Wildfire3.5 Beta 3-24-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
So glad to see sense 3.5 here for vm, thanks jmztaylor! I'm gonna flash this tonight but I have a question about a2sd. I see the a2sdgui app in the screenshot in the op. Does that mean I can flash darktremors a2sd script? Or is their a different recommended way to set it up. I found a tutorial on partitioning in windows, but I'd rather do it in recovery. Also, when I partition, which ext should I use.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
So glad to see sense 3.5 here for vm, thanks jmztaylor! I'm gonna flash this tonight but I have a question about a2sd. I see the a2sdgui app in the screenshot in the op. Does that mean I can flash darktremors a2sd script? Or is their a different recommended way to set it up. I found a tutorial on partitioning in windows, but I'd rather do it in recovery. Also, when I partition, which ext should I use.

Just repartition your SD card to whatever ext you want and flash. No need to do anything else for a2sd to work. I personally use ext4

Sent from my HTC_A510c using xda premium

Reactions: Will32

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
This is working perfectly for me. I expected less since its a beta, what a pleasant surprise. Just had one force close (music) at first boot, but have not seen another, and Ive booted about five times. Thanks again for this!

Questions, will we be able to add skins, and can you add some sort of picture frame widget? Id love to see the photo grid widget, but if not that one, any photo frame would do.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
This is working perfectly for me. I expected less since its a beta, what a pleasant surprise. Just had one force close (music) at first boot, but have not seen another, and Ive booted about five times. Thanks again for this!

Questions, will we be able to add skins, and can you add some sort of picture frame widget? Id love to see the photo grid widget, but if not that one, any photo frame would do.

I will look into it but my main focus is fixing audio/video which I still have yet to figure out. And not from lack of trying.

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using xda premium

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Is anyone still getting the connected notification after flashing mms patch ?

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using XDA

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Yeah that connected notification is really damn annoying :mad:

suarez90

Jan 19, 2011
near perfect!

I've been using it for about four days now mostly everything works but i noticed some apps wont work like SwiftKey not really a big deal considering the ROM is still in beta stages :D

Trooth412

Jan 14, 2012
Anyone know a good video player since video playback broken, im using MX player with ARMv6 VFP CODEC but dosnt run that smooth seem to fall behind in video any ideas?

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
video

Anyone know a good video player since video playback broken, im using MX player with ARMv6 VFP CODEC but dosnt run that smooth seem to fall behind in video any ideas?

I've used MoboPlayer for like forever and it hasn't let me down.. but as for acceleration, Bigchillin posted an adreno200 upgrade/update find in the apps and mod section a few weeks back. I've seen good reviews on the sense side; might be worth a whirl.

Rob

Trooth412

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks rob for the input, download mobo player and adreno200 zip, video runs abit better now :)

BigChillin

Jan 24, 2011
Wichita
Ya, I haven't had any problems with mx, even before the upgrade. Tis odd.

Sent from my Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ScottPomroy

Aug 25, 2011
Philadelphia
Apps keep force closing on me. Can't even run titanium to restore all my apps.

HenseMod did the same thing to me but it wasn't as bad I could run some of my apps but anything I download will not run on this one. Only the apps there were in the ROM already run.

Reflashed using Superwipe and left dalvick on internal and now I'm not getting force closing!!!!!

Last edited:

ScottPomroy

Aug 25, 2011
Philadelphia
Ok FB opened. Didn't look for SIM card but now it seems to be taking forever to dl my wall and info. Going to try restarting the phone and see what happens.

Update: Still seems to be taking forever to load FB pages. Anybody have a remedy for this and where I can find it?

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Ok FB opened. Didn't look for SIM card but now it seems to be taking forever to dl my wall and info. Going to try restarting the phone and see what happens.

Update: Still seems to be taking forever to load FB pages. Anybody have a remedy for this and where I can find it?

FB app sucks now. Friendstream it's better and faster. It's in the Rom :D

Trooth412

Jan 14, 2012
I agreed use friendstream its quick, or try to find old version of fb

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using XDA Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

I was going for a very simple stock looking rom with minimal cosmetics. The only cosmetics that were added were for extra functionality

Must have at least a 512MB EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 (Only 1 required) partition on sdcard for this rom to function.

Working:
    Data
    SMS
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    MMS
    Removed connected notification
    Anything not below

Broken:
    Video playback is broken
    Sound recorder won't play back recordings
    For some reason Music app FCs once per boot. Reported that it happens often
    I think that is all

Code:
    Changelog:
    3-24-12 PATCH
    Fixed MMS
    removed connected notification

3-24-12
    Added beats
    Fixed Wifi
    Fixed Bluetooth
    Fixed GPS
    Fixed lights
    Cleaned it up a lot
    Added some tweaks
    Removed useless crap
    Finally added my kernel in

3-22-12
    Direct port from Pico(HTC Explorer)
    I only have plans to support VM MarvelC.  Any others will have to be done on own.
    goo-inside.me updater enabled (notification of rom updates)
    apps2SD
    dalvik2SD
    Plus app for managing a2sd
    Removed carrier bloat

Download
    Patch for 3-24-12 release. Must flash full rom first.

Listed in Rom Manager also

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Thanks
    -------------------
    First and foremost this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for everybody from Team BAMF. These guys helped me so much with all my problems.
    benjaminwynn - i had to cheat on a couple small things and peek at his rom
    jcase
    utkanos
    thatdudebutch
    dsb9938
    ihtfp69
    scar

Come join me in irc. irc.andirc.net #wildfires
    Btw, I have a new version coming very shortly. I have fixed everything but mms.
    Good news guys. I rebased the rom and now have gotten video and sound issues fixed 100%. So either later today or tomorrow I will push an update. Since it is a new base you will need to wipe everything and flash fresh

I will look into it but my main focus is fixing audio/video which I still have yet to figure out. And not from lack of trying.

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using xda premium
    Stuck at HTC bootscreen. Never mad it past that.

Dude, every other MetroPCS phone boots your kernel. Why the hell doesn't mine?