[Q] Do you need a LTE SIM to get on the LTE network?

Search This thread

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
I, like many other switched my i777 to Skyrocket. During that process, I kept the SIM card that came with my i777. But I'm reading somewhere that to get on the LTE network I will need a LTE SIM? Can someone, that got a new SIM while purchasing the Skyrocket, or someone already using the LTE network pop open the back cover, and compare it to the picture below? I want to be ready as soon as the LTE comes alive in my area, Los Angeles. :D

sim.jpg

Edit:
I found a article online that confirms that this design is the LTE SIM card.
http://gadgetsteria.com/2010/10/21/lte-sim-cards-coming-to-att/

Last edited:

alejate76

Mar 31, 2011
I have a different SIM card than the one you have in the picture. It's the same basic graphic, but mine is green and had LTE written on the outside surrounding area before they snapped off the sim card.

I'd also call AT&T to get an LTE data plan, they are the same price. I think by getting the LTE data plan you also get access to visual voicemail on the phone.

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
While I don't have an LTE plan just yet, I did get an LTE Sim as suggested if I plan on getting it her in Canada

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA App

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
As I and others have confirmed...your old sim will connect to lte currently. Recently a few reps have claimed that as of 11-18 that will not be the case. Any LTe phone with an old sim will not connect at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
This sim gives me LTE no problem. Has been working in Los Angeles since day 1 when they switched it on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
Hi all, what is the final verdict as I have a vivid that is LTE capable but a sim that is unlimited but is from my old galaxy s2 so it is not officially a LTE sim...will the old sim pick up the LTE service?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hi all, what is the final verdict as I have a vivid that is LTE capable but a sim that is unlimited but is from my old galaxy s2 so it is not officially a LTE sim...will the old sim pick up the LTE service?

The first thing that you have to do, is contact your carrier & tell them to change your data to LTE! If you don't.. You could have ALL the LTE hardware on the planet... You still won't have LTE!

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
Thanks very much for the reply...now since I am already paying for an unlimited data plan I hope they just swap the sim card for me as I have a corp account so I cannot increase the cost, but I assume the carrier wants to offload as many users to the LTE system to take pressure off the HSPA+ system and I am already on the highest cost unlimited plan....

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
The cost for rogers lte vs non lte is the same.. Don't know about your plan, but I imagine that it would be the same.

Reactions: maddie01

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
LTE to work on Vivid

Okay, I really appreciate the replies, I will hit an ATT store after this week as I an traveling outside LTE network anyway...will try corp store first then non corp store and post what results are.....thanks again!!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Thanks very much for the reply...now since I am already paying for an unlimited data plan I hope they just swap the sim card for me as I have a corp account so I cannot increase the cost, but I assume the carrier wants to offload as many users to the LTE system to take pressure off the HSPA+ system and I am already on the highest cost unlimited plan....

If you think that any of the answers have helped.. Don't be shy to hit the thanks button:)

Reactions: maddie01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The cost for rogers lte vs non lte is the same.. Don't know about your plan, but I imagine that it would be the same.

If you think that any of the answers have helped.. Don't be shy to hit the thanks button:)