unable to root after updating to ICS on TF101G

Search This thread

iRcKenny

Oct 6, 2009
Have you tried ViperMod option 1? it work?
If not, reply is easy: you cannot root ICS on TF101g at this moment!

You need waiting until some "gurus" find the new right way

Reactions: infatality

eye1xda

Nov 20, 2011
I had Voodoo OTA RootKeeper installed and after update to ICS this enabled me to get back root again.

kaned84

I had Voodoo OTA RootKeeper installed and after update to ICS this enabled me to get back root again.

Hi, how is this possible? Or you have oryginal TW device is it B80? I can't root mine B80 Tried oryginal nacho, vipermod and razorclaw... connection with device is ok, problems start when script tries to make move on files in one word: access denied... :(

Gilbertvanhaasen

Apr 3, 2012
The Hague
kaned84;24 379673 said:
Hi, how is this possible? Or you have oryginal TW device is it B80? I can't root mine B80 Tried oryginal nacho, vipermod and razorclaw... connection with device is ok, problems start when script tries to make move on files in one word: access denied... :(

I don't really remember how I did it but I have a B80 too and I can root but my problem now is that my tf does not see my SD card.
When I check with root check basic it says I have root access.

Last edited:

eye1xda

Nov 20, 2011
After using it a few days after I got it sent to me in November 2011 I found out I have a TW variant with serial BA0 and 8.6.6.10 ROM on it.
With Razerclaw I could get root (ASUS Appbackup exploit). Then without too much thinking I accepted an OTA update to 8.6.6.23 beginning of December 2011 -> root gone :(, and no way to get it back.
Until Februari 2012 when I really tried a lot: nacho did not work whatever I did, but vipermod prime 1.4 worked after many trials. First thing I did was installing the voodoo rootkeeper.
When I saw the ICS availability, i was hesitating to update, because I was not so confident that the rootkeeper would work and HoneyComb worked fine, but i took the risk and lukily it worked.

Top Liked Posts