Thread Closed Email Thread
31st March 2012, 09:41 PM |#1011  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 2

More
IMEI is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasemyass

... so was better to do a backup of those ...

Backup of what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasemyass

try reinstall a nanobackup, maybe there you have ur imei saved...then do a back-up then flash this again

Could you clarify this? Is it necessary if IMEI is ok?
I was made Titanium backup before flashing (apps+data).

Thanks for help

31st March 2012, 09:46 PM |#1012  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 460

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupko

IMEI is still there.

Backup of what?

Could you clarify this? Is it necessary if IMEI is ok?
I was made Titanium backup before flashing (apps+data).

Thanks for help

backup of ur imei...
and sorry, 1`st time I got it wrong I understood that your imei is missing instead of csc, my bad!!! I deserve a slap for that.
Dunno abt csc codes if they can be changed or somethin` like that...
31st March 2012, 09:54 PM |#1013  
Flag Novi Sad

More
I see you get me wrong, not a problem .

I found THIS and method I used is the same (copied folder under /system/csc, and path are ok), but for some reason, it's still Unknown.
31st March 2012, 09:58 PM |#1014  
Flag Brasov

Donate to Me
More
correct me if I`m wrong ... but aren`t there some firmwares that you need to flash with 4 .tar parts like: boot, ohone, pda and CSC? Could that be a help?
31st March 2012, 10:03 PM |#1015  
Flag Novi Sad

More
Yes, but I don't know which are multi-csc with MSR (Telenor Serbia) and separate PDA, PHONE and CSC files. I downloaded few, but these are one-file installations (.tar).
1st April 2012, 12:36 AM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 1,282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupko

I've flashed this ROM and so far, everything is ok.

Only thing is CSC version which is displayed as Unknown? I've made a backup of CSC folder and some other files (customer.xml, feature.xml, others.xml) from stock ROM for my carrier and copied that to /system/csc folder (which is't present by default). When I type *#272*my imei number#, now I have listed that CSC version (and it's the only one), but after instalation and reboot, CSC version is still Unknown?

How to resolve this?
Thanks

i can confirm this, typing *#1234# it shows CSC as Unknown . obviously it's common on both KQ1 and KQ7 bases.
1st April 2012, 08:37 AM |#1017  
Flag Brasov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon

i can confirm this, typing *#1234# it shows CSC as Unknown . obviously it's common on both KQ1 and KQ7 bases.

Well I'm using Crybernation beta2 with xxkp4 modem and this is what I get with *#1234#

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
1st April 2012, 08:58 AM |#1018  
Flag Dordrecht
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I checked my CSC and mine is 'Unknown' also. Couldn't find if this is really a 'bad thing', cause everything seems to work.
So, is this something that I need to solve or is it ok to leave it this way?
1st April 2012, 09:18 AM |#1019  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 304

More
CSC Is = Country Sale Code
It may include language, Software, Internet Settings etc Customized for your country,
When a Firmware is released by samsung the firmware remains the same for all countries only the CSC is changed.
IF you have you'r language setting's and Internet working fine then you don't have to worry,
And XXKQ7 and XXkQ1 always shows CSC as unknow because they are Beta firmware's
The Following User Says Thank You to nail16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nail16 Ad-Free
1st April 2012, 10:20 AM |#1020  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy64

I checked my CSC and mine is 'Unknown' also. Couldn't find if this is really a 'bad thing', cause everything seems to work.

I confirm... Unknown CSC.
But everything works (calls, texts, internet, it connects to the right carrier), so I don't worry, especially when it's about a custom ROM.

As always, there's a matter of preference... I don't use my native language... I always use english on my phone.
1st April 2012, 11:07 AM |#1021  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 599

More
I saw a lot of posts about the CSC and this is NOTHING to worry about. CSC consist of some carrier/country specific codes/files and can be safely removed like i did. If am using a (lets say) Hungarian Rom i cant leave the files for people from (lets say) the Netherlands. It does not bring anything extra. Its just some default stuff like APN, language etc.. because CSC is removed it shows : Unknown.

CSC = Country Specific Code
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch.ly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dutch.ly Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, attention whore, custom rom, galaxy s plus, gingerbread, i9001, manbearpig, pussy, virgin's tags detected, want to fuck
Previous Thread Next Thread