HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Which is made by HTC. Where's our sources and leaks?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

The OP asked to get this thread on topic, so how about everyone do just that.

I don't care who thinks Samsung or htc is better. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. This isn't the thread to discuss those.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
So uh, how about that imagesense incorporated camera? I'm curious to see how Apple responds (indirectly) with their new camera for the iPhone 5.

sgt, you can take it from here. lol.

Haha well now that you bring it up.....

Imagesense is supposed to be "da bomb." Lol

The one thing I would like to know is if HTC has fully incorporated Qualcomms code for the S4 chip itself as it offers some amazing image stabilization compared to the past...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/71Ygmxid4EY

To me that there is amazing and is done with the S4 itself not a dedicated imagechip like HTC has now...interested to see how the two compare really...
Might take some work from Chad to get working if its not implemented already...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Last edited:

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
Ooh, I really like the image stabilization. Looks pretty good. I used to own a DSLR and was a amateur photographer enthusiast for a while. I'm just surprised at how the lines between a digital camera (Point & shoot) and a smartphone camera is blurring. In about 2-5 years, point and shoots will probably be extinct at this point.

As for matching DSLRs, I honestly don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
The one thing that I've grown to really like over the past year that has NOT been mentioned yet by anyone is the dedicated Shutter button...ill truly miss losing that feature if its not on the EVO One...just makes focusing so easy and all...

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Ooh, I really like the image stabilization. Looks pretty good. I used to own a DSLR and was a amateur photographer enthusiast for a while. I'm just surprised at how the lines between a digital camera (Point & shoot) and a smartphone camera is blurring. In about 2-5 years, point and shoots will probably be extinct at this point.

As for matching DSLRs, I honestly don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

My point n shoot camera was retired with my evo4g purchase...just no need for them really as u always have the phone and likely the phones pic won't be that bad...

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
Out of pure speculation. Lets say HTC gives the EVO 3D users Sense 4.0 On 4.0.4. (I know ferry tales).

Is the new HTC EVO enough to make you jump to that device or any device for that matter?

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Out of pure speculation. Lets say HTC gives the EVO 3D users Sense 4.0 On 4.0.4. (I know ferry tales).

Is the new HTC EVO enough to make you jump to that device or any device for that matter?

See the second post...to me it is esp if expandable storage is there...

My big ? Will be the LTE bands it supports...guessing it'll only be the regular 1900MHz but if it has 2.5GHz and/or 800MHz then its a no brainer update for me...Clearwire having 2.5LTE rolled out to a handful of markets by next year and Sprint having their 800MHz LTE makes things interesting when you toss in the whole no more premier yearly upgrades...

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PF4qg88Lk&feature=g-u-u&context=G278b94aFUAAAAAAABAA

A 1080p sample from the One X. Hmm, I'm rather disappointed in the quality, I watched it at 1080p to make sure and the colors seem to be muddy overall.

And then I found some more videos which seem to be much, much, better. I don't know what was going on with the video above.

Looks like a nice phone from what I have been reading.. Only con I see is the battery .. Other wise it looks smooth..

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PF4qg88Lk&feature=g-u-u&context=G278b94aFUAAAAAAABAA

A 1080p sample from the One X. Hmm, I'm rather disappointed in the quality, I watched it at 1080p to make sure and the colors seem to be muddy overall.

And then I found some more videos which seem to be much, much, better. I don't know what was going on with the video above.

Yeah over in the OneX section all I read about was stuff all over the place review wise...though it seemed actual users that had the device loves it and only stuff that was shady was reviews which could explain the differences...

myn

Nov 15, 2007
Would be nice to see some stability control in there.

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
Would be nice to see some stability control in there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toeA8z1sSj4

I thought this video did a much better job in terms of showing off the 1080p video. Looks clean and sharp. There are some minor complaints though with the colors being a bit washed out in other videos. I'm beginning to think that the washed out part is an HTC trademark lol.

Gotta hand it to them though, HTC really pulled it together from what info I have on it so far. It sounds great on paper...let's see it in action soon.

bloodrain954

Jun 24, 2010
Iphones 4s has been out for how long and htc still can't match the quality, is this a joke?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Iphones 4s has been out for how long and htc still can't match the quality, is this a joke?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

It's pretty obvious you have a great dislike for HTC so it'd be fair to ask if you can't start being somewhat unbiased, that you refrain from posting in here...this isn't a place to come bash HTC...

myn

Nov 15, 2007

I thought this video did a much better job in terms of showing off the 1080p video. Looks clean and sharp. There are some minor complaints though with the colors being a bit washed out in other videos. I'm beginning to think that the washed out part is an HTC trademark lol.

Gotta hand it to them though, HTC really pulled it together from what info I have on it so far. It sounds great on paper...let's see it in action soon.

Not bad.

Sounds like it has a stereo mic. Quite dynamic.

gilbydakid

Jan 25, 2011
Mpls,MN

Not to shabby. :thumbsup:

S3nt from my 3D wond3rland

Top Liked Posts