FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][TN] MIJJz JB GOODNESS JB 4.1.2 FK23 v1.0.3 (Updated 12/21/2012)

4,660 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,894
 
By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 23rd February 2012, 06:39 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd April 2012, 05:33 AM |#7531  
amw1972's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Different topic...the application monitor widget. I've seen it working exactly one time. Was wondering if there was a fix/work around to get it functioning the way it was intended? Am on 3.2,
fc24 kernel and modem.

Btw...btr is one of the most helpful. His patience has no end...at least so far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
 
 
2nd April 2012, 05:46 AM |#7532  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuDDuQ

##3282# click edit then put in the spl code click others then MMSCURL

when ever i try to go mmscurl my setting will force close
2nd April 2012, 05:54 AM |#7533  
nacron's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Took the plunge and came 2.5.1. Did a full wipe. Flashed 3.2. rebooted and let it sit for 15. Then i flashed the orange theme and the supposed stock kernel i found on mijj's repository and the FC24 modem. Rebooted and noted that my phone was hot all the time and my battery was draining about 1%/2 min. I used the power menu to boot to recovery and it booted right to the repacked recovery that I'm used to. Am flashing the wrong recovery? I was trying to flash the stock recovery to alleviate the reboot issue when steaming audio via Bluetooth (which is still there btw). Ss of my setup. I flashed the theme back, the orange was too overwhelming. I'd like to see an ICS4ICS version for 3.2. Some menu items with black text on gray buttons are still unreadable for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 06:19 AM |#7534  
bigtoysrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leander,TX
Thanks Meter: 7,976
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacron

Took the plunge and came 2.5.1. Did a full wipe. Flashed 3.2. rebooted and let it sit for 15. Then i flashed the orange theme and the supposed stock kernel i found on mijj's repository and the FC24 modem. Rebooted and noted that my phone was hot all the time and my battery was draining about 1%/2 min. I used the power menu to boot to recovery and it booted right to the repacked recovery that I'm used to. Am flashing the wrong recovery? I was trying to flash the stock recovery to alleviate the reboot issue when steaming audio via Bluetooth (which is still there btw). Ss of my setup. I flashed the theme back, the orange was too overwhelming. I'd like to see an ICS4ICS version for 3.2. Some menu items with black text on gray buttons are still unreadable for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You are very right about the kernel. Not sure what happened. Will be fixed with the correct file. Thanks.
2nd April 2012, 06:30 AM |#7535  
amw1972's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
OK, i've seen a couple of these posts about over heating and battery drain. I'm running 3.2, stock FC24 kernel AND the stock FC24 modem, and ALSO on the orange theme. I've had NONE of the heating and battery drain issues. I've also read about the supposed clean install...but the following was MY procedures:

coming from 3.1...

mobile odin to FB21 ICS Rogue recovery...

reboot to recovery...wipe data...

wipe cache...then wipe dalvik cache (rinse repeat x3)

flash mijj's 3.2...boot...and let sit for 5-10 min

reboot to recovery...wipe cache...then dalvik cache (rinse repeat x2)

flash FC24 modem...boot and let sit for 5-10 min

reboot to recovery...wipe cache...then dalvik cache (blah blah blah)

flash orange theme...boot and let sit for 5-10 min

MOBILE ODIN...stock FC24 kernel...REBOOT and let sit 5-10 min

note: Found out when I had my EVO NOT to flash MORE than one thing at any given recovery session. ALSO, learned to let the ROM boot and settle its processes before restoring or continuing to flash other things.

second note: At any time you're updating a ROM...especially a different build. IT IS ALWAYS a good rule of thumb for a clean wipe. Parts of an old build may or may not get over written when the new one gets flashed. Those bits can still be sitting on your device and cause problems later on.

PS: I pulled my stock kernel from here sfhub's thread. near the bottom of the 2nd post is a download for a self extracting .tar for the stock kernel...perfect for your mobile odin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-01-22-11-25.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	978023  
2nd April 2012, 06:41 AM |#7536  
saj1jr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony92170

if your talking about contacts in mms (ics) its been that way even beforeics hit are phones and 3.1 and 3.2 now sync contacts np you dont even need haxsync anymore i still use it because the pic looks like hd. so to me it sounds like you didnt wipe good try again. you also say bugs and a few other things what are they how are we suppose to know tell us. Is your phone farting doing things on its own ect. tell us man

I'm talking about how when I use the ICS SMS, I receive a text, and it doesn't say the thread is from "John Doe", but instead, 303-555-5555.

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.

Here is a list of problems I had, whether they were my fault or the ROM, idk. Btw, I've wiped three times, and used calks format all everytime, so things are wiped properly.

1) Contacts names not showing up in ICS SMS (however, that has been going on forever, apparently)
2) Can't edit or delete contacts without a force-close. I was usually able to edit/delete one contact, then once I went onto another one, I'd freeze up for about 30 seconds then get a force close
3) This is probably on my end or something, but idk. I run WiFi basically 24/7. I have DSL at home, unfortunately, so I really notice slow speeds when something is draining the speed. My cell was hogging bandwidth, somehow, which I never had an issue with on other ROM's, and I have the same setup with this ROM as opposed to the last, so idk what's with that.

I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything, I really, really, really like this ROM. It's clean, it's fresh, it's legit, and I had great battery life with it, but I just feel like it seemed a bit unstable in spots. That's just my opinion though - the devs have done an awesome job with this ROM - I'll probably try again once the next release is issued.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijjah74

It all works fine for me. But since i built this solely to please you i will get right on it, NOT.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why you guys get so worked up.

It wasn't a bash at the ROM or your work or anything. Besides, if you can't take any constructive criticism (which I wasn't even criticizing to begin with) I don't know what to tell you.

Really, you've done an awesome job with it and it's the most true ICS ROM out there. I'm just having a few little issues and it was bugging me. I flashed like 3 times and I just didn't feel like doing it again to try and work things out.

Have a good one.
2nd April 2012, 07:23 AM |#7537  
bigtoysrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leander,TX
Thanks Meter: 7,976
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1jr

I'm talking about how when I use the ICS SMS, I receive a text, and it doesn't say the thread is from "John Doe", but instead, 303-555-5555.

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.

Here is a list of problems I had, whether they were my fault or the ROM, idk. Btw, I've wiped three times, and used calks format all everytime, so things are wiped properly.

1) Contacts names not showing up in ICS SMS (however, that has been going on forever, apparently)
2) Can't edit or delete contacts without a force-close. I was usually able to edit/delete one contact, then once I went onto another one, I'd freeze up for about 30 seconds then get a force close
3) This is probably on my end or something, but idk. I run WiFi basically 24/7. I have DSL at home, unfortunately, so I really notice slow speeds when something is draining the speed. My cell was hogging bandwidth, somehow, which I never had an issue with on other ROM's, and I have the same setup with this ROM as opposed to the last, so idk what's with that.

I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything, I really, really, really like this ROM. It's clean, it's fresh, it's legit, and I had great battery life with it, but I just feel like it seemed a bit unstable in spots. That's just my opinion though - the devs have done an awesome job with this ROM - I'll probably try again once the next release is issued.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------



I really don't understand why you guys get so worked up.

It wasn't a bash at the ROM or your work or anything. Besides, if you can't take any constructive criticism (which I wasn't even criticizing to begin with) I don't know what to tell you.

Really, you've done an awesome job with it and it's the most true ICS ROM out there. I'm just having a few little issues and it was bugging me. I flashed like 3 times and I just didn't feel like doing it again to try and work things out.

Have a good one.

#1, It is the app, nothing to do with the rom, its in the market. Its always done that. Have yet to be able to get any other mms to work without stock in there. Maybe you didnt know that, but we cant fix it.

#2, I and quite a few people have found that if you clean install the rom and after it sits for a few minutes, go into your contacts and check the swipe to call pop up and back out of contacts, then go sign into google. Give it enough time to sync then go into contacts. This has been for FC of contacts, not sure if it will do anything for editing. If we dont get this issue or very few have reported this, it is hard to correct it.

#3, Is it this way with other modems?

Now, no one thinks your a douchebag, but when you say...
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1jr

Meh, I had to flash back to my old setup. I got sick of the annoying bugs with the contacts and a few other things that really stood out, for me at least.

Once the Contacts bug is fixed, and the ICS SMS setup is fixed to actually display your contacts name rather than their phone number, I'll come back to this ROM.

It seems as though your saying your entitled to something.

Mind you mijjah spends ALOT of time on this and when someone says, Meh, i'm not gonna run your stuff until you fix my issues, what the heck you want them to think?? I know you didn't say exactly that, but it sounded like it.

Not sure how this is constructive criticism
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1jr

Meh, I had to flash back to my old setup. I got sick of the annoying bugs with the contacts and a few other things that really stood out, for me at least.

Once the Contacts bug is fixed, and the ICS SMS setup is fixed to actually display your contacts name rather than their phone number, I'll come back to this ROM.

This is not a bug report at all for one. Maybe wording it different would help in the future.

And this comment (Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.) Rubs me wrong. Sure people get irritated and that, but name one other thread that has no bashing, no flaming and gets the level of support from the team? Not many right if any.

Alright now that I have made the HUGEST post in history, if you want some help with these bugs, let me know. Im always on Talk and answer questions non stop, so feel free. Hope you come back soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtoysrock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigtoysrock Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 07:38 AM |#7538  
saj1jr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtoysrock

#1, It is the app, nothing to do with the rom, its in the market. Its always done that. Have yet to be able to get any other mms to work without stock in there. Maybe you didnt know that, but we cant fix it.

#2, I and quite a few people have found that if you clean install the rom and after it sits for a few minutes, go into your contacts and check the swipe to call pop up and back out of contacts, then go sign into google. Give it enough time to sync then go into contacts. This has been for FC of contacts, not sure if it will do anything for editing. If we dont get this issue or very few have reported this, it is hard to correct it.

#3, Is it this way with other modems?

Now, no one thinks your a douchebag, but when you say...

It seems as though your saying your entitled to something.

Mind you mijjah spends ALOT of time on this and when someone says, Meh, i'm not gonna run your stuff until you fix my issues, what the heck you want them to think?? I know you didn't say exactly that, but it sounded like it.

Not sure how this is constructive criticism

This is not a bug report at all for one. Maybe wording it different would help in the future.

And this comment (Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.) Rubs me wrong. Sure people get irritated and that, but name one other thread that has no bashing, no flaming and gets the level of support from the team? Not many right if any.

Alright now that I have made the HUGEST post in history, if you want some help with these bugs, let me know. Im always on Talk and answer questions non stop, so feel free. Hope you come back soon

My point was purely that it wasn't constructive criticism, and simply an opinion. I'd hate to see any developer react to real constructive criticism like that, if that's the way they react just to an opinion.

Anyway, I'll probably come back eventually, and try to adjust some things and hopefully work out the issues I had. The WiFi thing was the biggest one for me. I'll have to try out a few other modems, but, I've never had this issue with any other modems, so, I'm not exactly sure what to think of it. I'm sure it's something most people just flat out don't notice because hey, who the hell still has DSL nowadays?? On top of it, my DSL sucks, so like I said, anything hogging it will be noticed quickly as soon as I get on my laptop and try loading, oh, let's just say this page itself.

Again, sorry if I caused anyone to take things the wrong way - it really wasn't meant as a bash in any way, shape, or form. Thanks for reaching out to help, I appreciate it!

EDIT: Btw, just to mention, someone else actually posted a screenshot of the force-close with the Contacts issue a few posts back (maybe 10 or 15 posts back) I'll try that fix you mentioned when I flash back to this ROM. Also, believe me, I'm not done with this ROM yet. You probably just inspired me to reflash it and just keep ****ing with it, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to saj1jr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saj1jr Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 07:59 AM |#7539  
bigtoysrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leander,TX
Thanks Meter: 7,976
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1jr

My point was purely that it wasn't constructive criticism, and simply an opinion. I'd hate to see any developer react to real constructive criticism like that, if that's the way they react just to an opinion.

Anyway, I'll probably come back eventually, and try to adjust some things and hopefully work out the issues I had. The WiFi thing was the biggest one for me. I'll have to try out a few other modems, but, I've never had this issue with any other modems, so, I'm not exactly sure what to think of it. I'm sure it's something most people just flat out don't notice because hey, who the hell still has DSL nowadays?? On top of it, my DSL sucks, so like I said, anything hogging it will be noticed quickly as soon as I get on my laptop and try loading, oh, let's just say this page itself.

Again, sorry if I caused anyone to take things the wrong way - it really wasn't meant as a bash in any way, shape, or form. Thanks for reaching out to help, I appreciate it!

EDIT: Btw, just to mention, someone else actually posted a screenshot of the force-close with the Contacts issue a few posts back (maybe 10 or 15 posts back) I'll try that fix you mentioned when I flash back to this ROM. Also, believe me, I'm not done with this ROM yet. You probably just inspired me to reflash it and just keep ****ing with it, lol.

The acore. process one? That might be G+ if you have it installed and syncing also. Try when you will.
2nd April 2012, 08:05 AM |#7540  
Tiffany84's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 3,363
 
Donate to Me
More
Just wanted to let you guys know that I just updated my Honey thread for the theme I posted earlier for this rom. If you flashed the one from earlier you may want to download the one I posted in my thread and re-flash cause I added some stuff and fixed some things.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiffany84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tiffany84 Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 08:43 AM |#7541  
ffkip911's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
OP states in the first thread that is still an experimental (non official) leak....ie...expect everything to be broken. If something is NOT broken, thank the devs for fixing it. If you want a release that is official, stay with EL29. If you want to say something is broken, say it in the General section...if you have a way to fix what is broken----SAY IT HERE. This is a dev thread, not a bitch thread. If you have an issue, state in in the General thread---Mijj, Team Noc and BTR will see it-----but they do not want to see you stating bugs in the dev section. Unless you are a dev that can fix the bug.

I have not called anyone out by name---however; if you feel like this pertains to you....than it probably does. Post in the general section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany84

Just wanted to let you guys know that I just updated my Honey thread for the theme I posted earlier for this rom. If you flashed the one from earlier you may want to download the one I posted in my thread and re-flash cause I added some stuff and fixed some things.


Thanks Tiff--your work is amazing!!!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best rom hands down, don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!, haha this is funny!, hey i read tags!, i <3 trs, i'm just hunting elphants., leisure suit larry, needs moar green!!!!, no one ever reads the tags., release v3.0 already signed overstew!, rwilco12, seriously funny stuff though, the dude abides, this is the junkie thread!!, xplod rom needs an update!!!!!, yeah what he said!!..lol
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes