[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7.2 (9th June, 2012)

Search This thread

YoMarK

Sep 15, 2007
Did you guys try the modified gps library? Would be interesting..
I did, but that was before i flashed the new radio(without the radio upgrade it did not work at all, even after 10 minutes or so: 0 satellites), so not sure how it was without the modified GPS library.
With the new radio and the fix in place, I had a lock in 10 seconds with GPS test app.

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
There is one strange thing with recent builds. I've got strong battery drainage. It looks like WiFi consume too much power from battery. This behaviour starts from build that of 5th or 7th of March. Does anyone can confirm that?

i was using 8th march build for days, then moved to 31st march build...no such issues whatsoever

Oops...

Sep 6, 2010
I did, but that was before i flashed the new radio(without the radio upgrade it did not work at all, even after 10 minutes or so: 0 satellites), so not sure how it was without the modified GPS library.
With the new radio and the fix in place, I had a lock in 10 seconds with GPS test app.
Thanks for feedback; same here - never had a fast fix with CM7.2 before - now it's great

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Thank you, guys. I think i've found the cause of the problem - it was oxidized battery contacts.

well i'm not sure if they cause excessive drainage...they are more likely to cause shutdowns and such power failure issues.

be careful,every battery comes with anti corrosive golden plated contacts...after the fist time you brush the gold off, you will have to clean them (remove stain) more often

Guids

Sep 11, 2011

What radio are you using?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
@ Kot_Ik

thank you very much for all these builds, but please if it is too time consuming for you, commit new builds every few days...you really don't have to waste yourself making these builds for every single change in changelog...although we all highly appreciate it.

we want you to stick around here for longer time building cm for us, rather than you being fed up in a month or two and giving up, like some guys gave up before you

thanks once more :)

Kot_Ik

Apr 30, 2007
Glazov
well i'm not sure if they cause excessive drainage...they are more likely to cause shutdowns and such power failure issues.
current over oxidized contacts leads to a drop in voltage on them, so the battery capacity seems to be less, than it is. And phone think that it drains faster, than it is.
be careful,every battery comes with anti corrosive golden plated contacts...after the fist time you brush the gold off, you will have to clean them (remove stain) more often
I don't think that there is a gold on contacts. Gold doesn't get oxidized. It's some kind of copper-nickel-smth_else alloy.
please if it is too time consuming for you, commit new builds every few days...
Thanks for care :) Look, it's not hard to compile build, even though the fact that i compile for two devices at once (Legend and Liberty). Much more exhausting to announce links to this builds in two forums (local and here). Of course i will skip some changes like today's "olympus: update fingerprint to match latest Motorola release", coz it will not add anything useful.
And i still hope that sometimes CyanogenMod's buildbot will start compile nightlies again.

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
I don't think that there is a gold on contacts. Gold doesn't get oxidized. It's some kind of copper-nickel-smth_else alloy.
not sure for the legend,but there were some batteries with golden plating over those contacts...true,gold doesn't oxidize,but contact pins on the device rub it off just a bit, enabling the contacts on the battery (which aren't golden,ofcourse) to oxidize.

Last edited:

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
is anyone having issues with adb?

adb won't recognize my legend,although it worked earlier with cm7.1,so the drivers are correct.

ijskast

Oct 18, 2007
Just used the guide on cyanogenmod.com to install recovery on my girlfriends legend(was stock). Did not unlock the bootloader, so it's still S-on, but this ROM is working great.
At first GPS was not working(0 satellites in GPS test), but then i read that radio version radio 7.13.35.05 should "fix" GPS on cyanogenmod.
Had to downgrade CWM to version 2.5.x to be able to flash the 7.13.35.05 update.zip, but after I flashed the radio, GPS worked immediately.
The ROM seems to be working flawlessly now, great work!

Same here, I tried the AGPS lib fix first but the radio patch eventually was the only solution to get the GPS chip working.

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Guys i found a nice app and it is for people who like their privacy (everyone should). Search for droidwall on market.

Sent from my Legend using XDA

Oops...

Sep 6, 2010
Hi kot_lk,
any feedback from our guru Aliba concerning your gps library patch? I use it since our first discussion and have no negative side effects. I will definitely keep it. ;-)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts