[APP] SwitchMe Root Profile Manager [SHARE YOUR DEVICE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Dont forget to send LOGS WITH DESCRIPTIONS when you have issues!

RECREATE your problem, then send the logs via WRITE TO US!

Neffly4u

Jan 14, 2012
Taylorsville
not the first time i've tried switch me, first time i tried it i was on task 13 with b00sted blue ICS on a tab 7510 and it worked great switching to the alternate profile and then back to my main but tried to swith to alternate again to show a friend and it sent me into a boot loop. i did wipe cache/dalvik before installing. decided to try again this time on task 14 and thats it and instead of creating a new profile i just cloned mine and booted to new profile within a minute then enabled fast switch and only took 5 seconds! amazing work dev :)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks. In the next few days we will be releasing a new switch screen with profile pictures, animations and more! Watch this space :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

denis costa

Apr 27, 2008
Hi everyone!

Sorry about my ignorance but what this app really does?

Is it possible to install two or more roms and choose in a boot menu what uses, or it just a login menu?
:confused:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed device specific switch screen crashes and issues
Fixed UI bug in switch screen preferences

If anyohe had problems with superuser before, this should fix them. Please let me know if that is the case, its important we get some feedback here!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Enabled full support for MIPS and x86 architectures
Many root daemon code fixes and optimizations implemented

Snake_575

Jan 13, 2011
Antofagasta
Superuser goes into a loop? Dont think ive ever heard of that before...

Are you familiar with root?

yeah it's rooted and everything... its my first post but i've used android for a while lol...

whenever i open SwitchMe an error appears for a sec (i can't read it...) immediately after that, superuser opens and issues a lot of permissions and SwitchMe fails to run... this happens everytime i open the app :(

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Sounds like you pressed the "deny" button by mistake.

Clean the superuser entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.

I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the 10.1 have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:

- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops

- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send

- if you post here, bes sure to include your device type and rom

- if you have apps installed on sd, be sure to mention that as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
    account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
    others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
    Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
    Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
    Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
    Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.

Screens:

Its multiple accounts inside one base OS. You can clone your current account, or create fresh installations of the ROM.
    Hi everyone. Im one of the developers of SwitchMe, and app that allows multiple secure logins into separate installations of android on a single device. The pr is after the break.

I really need a few people to check into some issues people on the 10.1 have been experiencing. There are some warnings involved:

- testers must perform a full nandroid backup before using the app, it is not our responsibility if you start getting boot loops

- if you report results or bugs, please use the "Write to us" function in the app whenever possible, and always describe the issue in the header of the logs you send

- if you post here, bes sure to include your device type and rom

- if you have apps installed on sd, be sure to mention that as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

The technology behind SwitchMe saves all of your applications and data, protects it and stores it as a file in memory. You can then log out of an
    account and log into a fresh installation of Android or another account with its own unique content.

You may create as many profiles as the memory is capable of holding. Some of these may require very little free memory because they contain few apps,
    others will be larger as they contain many applications and lots of cache and data.

Why is this functionality useful?

Privacy - the most obvious benefit is that you can securely share one device among multiple users, which gives you privacy and peace of mind.
    Testing - if you are a developer, you can use profiles as clean sandboxes to test your applications and their interaction with the system.
    Gaming – with multiple installations of Android on a single device, you can now play online MMOs as different characters.
    Speed - the games your kids play slow down your tablet, but with SwitchMe you can easily create profiles without games or instant messengers.
    Battery life - when the battery is low but there are important emails or documents to edit later, switch to a profile which only contains these essentials.

These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The Lite version allows the creation of two profiles, enough to test on.

Screens:

I m ready for the test...hav been using my tab for more than 6 months now

i was finding this for a long time... just some questions before i begin testing this on my tab.

is it something like two or more accounts in one OS or multiple OS like i gotta keep ICS and stock honeycomb at the same time...is it possible?

on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7500 Indian Version

Stock Honeycomb 3.2 + pershoot kernel

:)
    OK installed switchMe successfully
    Made one active profile
    Then cloned it
    Then switched
    Restarted gave me a fresh copy as if like profile after factory reset
    Without bugs at the moment

Some applications missing and can't use password coz of lite version :)
    Will let know more abt it!

Would have been better without restart or

OK installed switchMe successfully
    Made one active profile
    Then cloned it
    Then switched
    Restarted gave me a fresh copy as if like profile after factory reset
    Without bugs at the moment

Some applications missing and can't use password coz of lite version :)
    Will let know more abt it!

Would have been better without restart or

Fast switch is free. The first switch will be slow though.