[TOOL] Framework Flasher 1.1.4 (1/14/12) - Easily modify and flash framework-res.apk

Search This thread

wesf90

Dec 27, 2011
I read somewhere else to add '%' to the 2nd '%d' in each file it errors out.
I used apk mutitool and it compiled.....after editing half the value files.

Thanks for your support and help!
Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

APK Multitool receives the same error as does Framework Flasher, the only difference is that APKM continues to compile anyway, while FF does not. I may override this for future releases.

Thanks for the input!

wesf90

Dec 27, 2011
should this work with cm7???

I don't see why not. However, since DX2 CM7 is still at an unstable release level, I've not even tried. Go ahead and make a nandroid backup and give it a shot! Report back here and let us know the results. I'm sure a lot of people would love to start modding CM7.

Wes

DandyNL

Feb 2, 2012
Thanks! This helps me a lot:)

Can you make this also for SystemUI.apk?

Keep up the good work!

toxic77

Feb 17, 2007
Nueva Ecija
Hi,

I tried your tool, yes it created the update.zip file with a signed framework res apk in it, it installed with no problems, but after rebooting the tablet it didn't overwrite the framework res apk on my tablet, I also checked the file size using root explorer and the apk is not changed at all?

Hope you could fix this..

wesf90

Dec 27, 2011
Are you sure its easy to implement. You still haven't included this feature. I mean no offence.

Fairly easy. I had began working on v2 of the software and it was coming along great. Working for many .apk files, doing everything automatically. However, interest seems to have dropped quickly. That demotivated me. So, I'm probably 2-3 hours from finishing Framework Flasher v2, I just couldn't find the motivation to finish it.

Once I get priorities out of the way, I'll certainly finish v2. v2 will blow your mind :)

_Sparks

Jun 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Fairly easy. I had began working on v2 of the software and it was coming along great. Working for many .apk files, doing everything automatically. However, interest seems to have dropped quickly. That demotivated me. So, I'm probably 2-3 hours from finishing Framework Flasher v2, I just couldn't find the motivation to finish it.

Once I get priorities out of the way, I'll certainly finish v2. v2 will blow your mind :)

Thanks, I cant wait for it!

troy00

Feb 15, 2012
Vancouver
Samsung Galaxy S20
It works!

I have been trying to edit my framework-res.apk and every time I did (no matter the method) I would get a black screen upon reboot after the boot animation.

But...using this wonderful tool...it worked brilliantly! Granted I was only editing the .pngs.

I can confirm that this tool will work on a Samsung Galaxy S2 T989.

Thank you very much for this useful tool! :)

PRincess Luna

Mar 20, 2012
Errors while recompiling

Let me start by saying i have been trying (unsuccessfully) for weeks to decompile, edit, and recompile this .apk file off of my phone. I'm trying to run the ICS build for the international SGS2 on my AT&T version, and i want the on screen buttons to work because the capacitive ones don't (at least not correctly). However, Nothing, i repeat, NOTHING, can successfully recompile the .apk file i have. This program has gotten the furthest out of any of them (i've tried 4 or 5), and you seem like a nice guy (Everyone else i asked just kinda told me to &%$# off).

All i need to do is edit 2 or 3 .xml files, changing a single value in each. However, even if i don't edit the files, i just decompile it then hit recompile, i get a ton of errors. It would be really awesome of you could take a tiny bit of time to help me. I'm attaching both the log from your program and the .apk file i'm trying to modify below.

If it helps, these are the mods i'm attempting: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1364757

Framework file - http://www.mediafire.com/?8caxndfii1d81nm
Log - http://www.mediafire.com/?kyaxum4qs91qi1v (i put a few tries in there, the errors are consistent)

Thanks!

pokimoon

Mar 16, 2012
It extracts your framework-res.apk file and allows you to edit the files. After editing, the script will compile, sign the apk, create your update.zip with the correct structure for flashing, and then sign the .zip. Everything you need to modify and flash your framework-res.apk file.

[

First of all i would like to tell you appreciate about this pretty good news:)

If you got any free time please could you tell me how can i do this steps because i got trouble with it for afew days i can't flash my update.zip to my deviece -.- i tried to sign update.zip "i would like to give the link of the page which i used but i cant.. It contain the autosign.bat"please let me know the steps for the correct strucute
Also i can't use the system.img aswell with out sign protocol (correct structure)
also tried dsixda kitchen too

have a good days

skippycentraal

Aug 4, 2008
awesome tool but i have tryed to add values-nl into framework-res.apk and my wfs boot jehhhh but when its boot to the beginning i'll get many errors.
Hoop you can help my out

wesf90

Dec 27, 2011
I am trying to change the framework.res to make it possible to send sms, your program decompiles well but even with out changing anything compiling givew an error and echo off... what is the problem?

That is usually due to the ROM you're using was compiled with erroneous data, however that is not ALWAYS the case. Are you trying to decompile/compile a ROM other than stock?

alex_72gr

Sep 23, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Thanks for responding.
I am run EOS ICS 4.0.4 on motorola xoom. I want to enable sms, there has been someone who was putting out an update with almost every new nightly however he has recently stopped and I need to do it by my self. I have decompiled and recopiled apks before but not framework. If I use apktool I usualy get an apk half the size and I am afraid to use it. Can you help me please? If you d like I can send you the framework I want to change to have a look at it and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally! After days of struggling to figure out how to modify my ROM's framework-res.apk and create a working flashable update.zip to install the framework-res.apk changes, I have finally figured out how (big thanks to the guys here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20962080#post20962080) and have created an automated script to help others struggling with the same problem.

Framework Flasher 1.1.4
    Feel free to download and experiment with it. This is my first gift to the XDA/Android Hacking community, and I plan on doing more. I just want to test the waters for now :) Feedback would be nice. Let me know if I've helped you in some way!

---------------------------

What does it do?
    It extracts your framework-res.apk file and allows you to edit the files. After editing, the script will compile, sign the apk, create your update.zip with the correct structure for flashing, and then sign the .zip. Everything you need to modify and flash your framework-res.apk file.

How do I use it?
    Download the .zip from the link below and extract it somewhere on your PC. Drag the framework-res.apk file that you want to modify and/or flash into the /place-framework-res-here/ directory. Double-click on RunMe.bat and off you go! Do the steps (1-5) in order and you shouldn't have any problems.

Who needs this?
    A LOT of people according to how many google searches I did in the past 3-4 days.

Will it work for files other than framework-res.apk?
    Currently, no. However it would be easy to implement that functionality if I saw that people would benefit from it.

I found a bug... what do I do?
    Post it in this topic. I'll do what I can to make continual updates as long as I see people are benefiting from it. I'm sure there are bugs in it somewhere, so just let me know.

Where do I download this snazzy piece of software?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1nc14hkhs2yrqmt

The little disclaimer
    If you download this tool, please say thanks! Not only does it motivate me to continue to improve this software, but it also let's me know how many users are using it! Thanks!
    This script is mainly intended for use with editing script files (xml, etc.), and normal (non 9png) images. 9pngs have been successfully repacked using this tool! If you run into any problems, be sure to make it known!
    This tools was created to work with the Droid X2. If you are experiencing problems using it, first ensure that you are in fact using a Droid X2.
    Change Log
    1.1.4 (1/14/12)
    - Corrected the Log error. You can now see error logs!
    - Corrected an error processing problem where Framework Flasher would instantly close without warning

1.1 (1/7/12)
    - Made compatibility tweaks
    - Removed unnecessary overhead

1.0 (1/6/12)
    - Initial Release

When reporting errors, please ensure that there are no spaces in your file path, and include what ROM and version you are running.
    Updated to 1.1.4a

Hey there!

I've just updated & packed Framework Flasher as per fralken guidelines. Pushed to version 1.1.4a

Enjoy! :highfive:
    Corrected and updated the tool to v 1.1.4b

Corrected errors in RunMe.bat and updated the tool with latest apktool v2.0.1 and faapt v2 by Chainfire.
    Cheers!!:highfive:
    Tool works fine now!:):)
    Hello :)

This is an awesome little tool you got here. I haven't tried it yet but I'll likely give it a shot eventually.

You should add functionality for SystemUI.apk, that's the other "real big" file people like to edit. Just a suggestion based on what I know about theming :)

Very nice!

Thanks. I will definitely look into adding this. I'll update the OP with any changes or updates.

So r u telling me this will modify everything including the. 9 png images..also can u get into the xml files as well or images only...i use apk manager and with the. 9 pngs u cannot touch the 9 patches or change the image without using draw 9 patch to ensure the apk will recompile

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Not tested 9pngs with this, it's mainly intended for scripting (xml files, etc. along with normal non 9png images). I've updated the OP to include a little disclaimer stating this fact. Thanks for pointing that out.