[Rom Add-On] Performance Pack For V1.08 Firmware

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Hi All.

Edit: Do not use with v1.09 firmware, it is not compatible

I have been looking at the gtab update and it appears that most of the tegra drivers have not been updated with v1.08. I have remade the pack for that firmware. The quadrant score remains the same at 2400+ but i have noticed a big improvement in the overall smoothness of the device. Games like angry birds and 8ball seem to play smoother. Also, it might be me but iplayer also looks better. Please try it out and report any feedback.

I have packaged it as a update.zip so it can easily be installed on any os. Clockwork Mod is not required.

Install Instructions:

1 - Download Performance_packv1.08.rar parts 1 and 2 and unzip them (you only need to open one of them), Copy peformancev1.08_update.zip from the performance folder, and place on sdcard of device.

2 - Navigate to settings/software tool, and browse to Performancev1.08_update.zip.

3 - Run the update, the device will reboot and a "out of the box android" will appear, after the device will reboot.

4 - Check the pack has installed by navigating to settings/about Device, under the model there should be "performance pack".

Please make sure you have sufficient power to apply pack, i would recommend 50%

You will not lose any of your apps/data from this process.

Sorry for the 2 .rar parts, its the only way to fit it onto site.

For the v1.06 firmware performance pack, look Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=908200

Attachments

• Performance_Packv1.08.part1.rar
    5 MB · Views: 1,032
  • Performance_Packv1.08.part2.rar
    3 MB · Views: 963
  • WIP4.png
    WIP4.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Final.gif
    Final.gif
    146.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Aletheia

Aug 28, 2008
Thanks! Seems to have sped things up quite a bit but got some problems with black screens in that 3d pool game.

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Thanks! Seems to have sped things up quite a bit but got some problems with black screens in that 3d pool game.

That was reported in my earlier performance pack. It does not appear to affect other games, and the overall speed increase more than makes up for it. Maybe it will be fixed from updates for the pool game.

IndyUK

Jul 23, 2008
Hi,

Applied the pack and it it seems to have made things quicker. However, I'm starting to get random screen corruption. Horizontal lines are appearing. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Hi,

Applied the pack and it it seems to have made things quicker. However, I'm starting to get random screen corruption. Horizontal lines are appearing. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

The graphical glitches are a problem of the v1.08 rom, i got them before i made the performance pack. I also get them in v1.09 just not as bad.

Something for advent to sort out;)

dazzlet

Aug 31, 2009
barnsley
I think I installed this version on 1.09 firmware and it won't boot now how can I fix this please

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
I think I installed this version on 1.09 firmware and it won't boot now how can I fix this please

You need to re-flash the official v1.09 firmware. Hold down the power button for 6 sec. Then plug device into power and connect to pc with usb. Hold down the back button for 2 sec then while still holding back push the power button for 2 secs, hold the back button for further 2 secs. A new device will pop up in your hardware manager under usb. Then run the stock v1.09 rom. Hope you backed up your applications with the software tool in settings.

You dont need this performance pack with v1.09.

Last edited:
Reactions: dazzlet

loui1986

Oct 16, 2011
Basildon, Essex
The graphical glitches are a problem of the v1.08 rom, i got them before i made the performance pack. I also get them in v1.09 just not as bad.

Something for advent to sort out;)
v1.10 definately does not get the lines, I thought I was imagining them until just now, so I may well have to put my graohics module back to stock 1.10 from the myadventvega rom. Thanks for the pack, and where the hell is the thanks button, it won't let me thank you...

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
v1.10 definately does not get the lines, I thought I was imagining them until just now, so I may well have to put my graohics module back to stock 1.10 from the myadventvega rom. Thanks for the pack, and where the hell is the thanks button, it won't let me thank you...

V1.10 Has fixed most of the graphic glitches. Odd that you cant thank me. Glad you are enjoying my work:)

Take it easy.

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Gonna be a stupid question but...

which ROM is this for? Will it work / do anything on VegaICS?
Yes, this IS a stupid question. :p
NO, it will NOT work with VegaICS and has nothing to do with VegaICS or any custom ROM.
This is purely for STOCK v1.08 firmware (Android OS v2.2 - Froyo).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All.

Edit: Do not use with v1.09 firmware, it is not compatible

I have been looking at the gtab update and it appears that most of the tegra drivers have not been updated with v1.08. I have remade the pack for that firmware. The quadrant score remains the same at 2400+ but i have noticed a big improvement in the overall smoothness of the device. Games like angry birds and 8ball seem to play smoother. Also, it might be me but iplayer also looks better. Please try it out and report any feedback.

I have packaged it as a update.zip so it can easily be installed on any os. Clockwork Mod is not required.

Install Instructions:

1 - Download Performance_packv1.08.rar parts 1 and 2 and unzip them (you only need to open one of them), Copy peformancev1.08_update.zip from the performance folder, and place on sdcard of device.

2 - Navigate to settings/software tool, and browse to Performancev1.08_update.zip.

3 - Run the update, the device will reboot and a "out of the box android" will appear, after the device will reboot.

4 - Check the pack has installed by navigating to settings/about Device, under the model there should be "performance pack".

Please make sure you have sufficient power to apply pack, i would recommend 50%

You will not lose any of your apps/data from this process.

Sorry for the 2 .rar parts, its the only way to fit it onto site.

For the v1.06 firmware performance pack, look Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=908200

You need to re-flash the official v1.09 firmware. Hold down the power button for 6 sec. Then plug device into power and connect to pc with usb. Hold down the back button for 2 sec then while still holding back push the power button for 2 secs, hold the back button for further 2 secs. A new device will pop up in your hardware manager under usb. Then run the stock v1.09 rom. Hope you backed up your applications with the software tool in settings.

You dont need this performance pack with v1.09.