[THEME]Update 2/14/2012: Dark Fire Blue X and Dark Fire X (UnNamed)

Which theme should I work on next?

• Total voters
Search This thread

stalked_r/t

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta
Hey 10Ton, is it a theme or ROM/Kernel that controlls the ability of the home screen to rotate when when the phone is in landscape (On its side). For instance, when I'm in my car and place my phone in the dock where I use it as a GPS etc... I have it on its side, not the usual up/down. I noticed that my lock screen (widget locker) rotates the lock screen so the profile matches the direction that the phone is. When I unlock the phone and go to the home screen, it stays in standard view, does not rotate. Not that this is a huge ordeal as it's not like I'm typing out an email while driving. It was more a curiosity thing. My sig has my pertinent information if it matters to you.

If this is something addressed since the release I'm currently running I apologize. I skimmed through your log of updates and didn't see anything, though I have a 1 year old running around the house trying to kill the dog, so I couldn't really pay 100% attention to it.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
stalked_r/t said:
Hey 10Ton, is it a theme or ROM/Kernel that controlls the ability of the home screen to rotate when when the phone is in landscape (On its side). For instance, when I'm in my car and place my phone in the dock where I use it as a GPS etc... I have it on its side, not the usual up/down. I noticed that my lock screen (widget locker) rotates the lock screen so the profile matches the direction that the phone is. When I unlock the phone and go to the home screen, it stays in standard view, does not rotate. Not that this is a huge ordeal as it's not like I'm typing out an email while driving. It was more a curiosity thing. My sig has my pertinent information if it matters to you.

If this is something addressed since the release I'm currently running I apologize. I skimmed through your log of updates and didn't see anything, though I have a 1 year old running around the house trying to kill the dog, so I couldn't really pay 100% attention to it.

Rotating homescreen is controlled by the launcher that you are using.

Reactions: 10tonhammr

10tonhammr

Jul 25, 2010
Chicago

Rotating homescreen is controlled by the launcher that you are using.

+1. Its not a rom/theme issue. It's all in the launcher. If you are using GO Launcher or Launcer Pro just go into the settings menus and poke around. You'll find an option to enable auto-rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: makman123

stalked_r/t

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta
OK. That makes sense. Since I'm not using a launcher then it's the stock launcher built into my setup. I did see that the cwm flash that added this theme did force an install of go launcher. I'll have to play with that then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

stalked_r/t

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta
Is there a revert file? I put this on, and am really hating Go Launcher. I flashed another theme, but the ability to uninstall GoLauncher isn't there. It's imbeded itself. Thanks.

stalked_r/t

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta
I figured as much. Does GoLauncher give anyone else problems? Here's the problems I see

Constantly asks which default app I want to use when I press the home button. No matter if I set the default or not, it randomly asks.

It occasionally drops all of the theme icons and goes back to whatever the default one is in GoLauncher. I have to either reflash the theme, or manually change out the icons again.

10tonhammr

Jul 25, 2010
Chicago
I figured as much. Does GoLauncher give anyone else problems? Here's the problems I see

Constantly asks which default app I want to use when I press the home button. No matter if I set the default or not, it randomly asks.

It occasionally drops all of the theme icons and goes back to whatever the default one is in GoLauncher. I have to either reflash the theme, or manually change out the icons again.
Ive never had those problems with go launcher. Weird...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: makman123

D-FUSE

Oct 11, 2010
Panama City(Got to love the beach)
Check out the swype
2012-03-08_14-49-06.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
whats the easyist way to change the battery icon to the big digital one found in this section when i flash it it reverts alot of this theme back to stock love the theme but like a big visible battery icon and yes i know y it reverts alot of it back to stock just no clue how to work around it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dark Fire X v1.5

Dark Fire X Changelog:

Version 1.5
    -Updated Go Launcher to v2.78
    -Updated Google Maps
    -Updated Google Search
    -Inverted Google Search
    -Minor framework tweaks (Dark popups are now actuallly dark. If you want them to be all red again, flash the revert in the downloads section)

Version 1.3
    -Updated Go Launcher to v2.73
    -Updated Dropbox to v2.0.1

Version 1.2
    -Updated themed Go Launcher to v2.71 (it may still say update available in the market. don't download it. You will lose the themeing.)
    -Enhanced Go Launcher themeing.
    -Updated TwWallpaperChooser.apk to fix issue where changing the lockscreen wallpaper via wallpaper gallery changed homescreen wallpaper instead of lockscreen.
    -Added a few new wallpapers.

Version 1.1
    -Updated Digital Clock Widget to match lockscreen clock and fix dividing line color

Version 1.0
    -Initial Release

Features:
    -[ROM Feature] Enabled CRT Screen Off Animation
    -[ROM Feature] Accurate Status Bar Signal Display
    -[ROM Feature] 10 Quickpanel Notification Toggles
    -[ROM Feature] Overscroll Glow
    -Dark Fire Bootanimation
    -Themed Lockscreen
    -Animated Notification Background (Add-ons are available to disable this if you don't like it)
    -Themed Notification Pulldown
    -Fully themed framework, twframework, and SystemUi.apks
    -Themed Extended Power Menu
    -Themed Gingerbread Keyboard (Select input method to enable)
    -Tons of wallpapers in Touchwiz Wallpaper Chooser
    -Themed Launcher Pro
    -Themed Go Launcher (Work in Progress)
    -Themed Digital Clock, Analogue Clock, Google Search, and Power Control Widgets
    -Themed Dialer and Phone.apk
    -Themed Calculator
    -Themed MMS and Gmail
    -Themed Settings
    -My Red Chrome Icon Pack (Installs to sd card on first flash)
    -A Bunch of Other Stuff I'm Probably Forgetting

Screenshots:
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png

16.png
    12.png
    7.png
    8.png

6.png
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png

14.png
    15.png

Alternate Notification Background Add-Ons:
    These are only add-ons for Dark Fire X. Please flash the full theme first, then flash the add-on. Neither of these notification backgrounds are animated.

5.png
    13.png

If you like my work, please press the "Thanks" button and/or consider donating to me.

UnNamed 2.2.1 Downloads:
    Dark Fire X v1.5 Theme
    Dark Fire X All Red Popups
    Transparent/Skulls Notification Background Add-On
    Empty Notification Background Add-On
    Dark Fire Blue X v1.5

Dark Fire Blue X Changelog:

Version 1.5
    -Updated Go Launcher Ex to v2.78
    -Updated Google Maps
    -Added a new wallpaper to Twwallpaperchooser
    -Minor tweak to Gmail theme
    -Minor tweaks to framework themeing (Dark Popups- Revert to all blue popus available in download section)

Version 1.4.2
    -Changed pattern unlock arrow from green to blue
    -Changed landscape keyboard background

Version 1.4.1
    -Updated Google Maps
    -Mod to charge your battery string dialogue ;)

Version 1.4
    -Initial Public Release

Version 1.3
    -Closed Beta Testing

Version 1.2
    -Beta Build #2

Version 1.1
    -Beta Build #1

Version 1.0
    -Alpha Build

Features:
    -[ROM Feature] Enabled CRT Screen Off Animation
    -[ROM Feature] Accurate Status Bar Signal Display
    -[ROM Feature] 10 Quickpanel Notification Toggles
    -[ROM Feature] Overscroll Glow
    -Dark Fire Bootanimation
    -Themed Lockscreen
    -Animated Notification Background (Add-ons are available to disable this if you don't like it)
    -Themed Notification Pulldown
    -Fully themed framework, twframework, and SystemUi.apks
    -Themed Extended Power Menu
    -Themed Gingerbread Keyboard (Select input method to enable)
    -Tons of wallpapers in Touchwiz Wallpaper Chooser
    -Themed Launcher Pro
    -Themed Go Launcher (Work in Progress)
    -Themed Digital Clock, Analogue Clock, Google Search, and Power Control Widgets
    -Updated, Fully Themed, and Inverted Google Search
    -Themed Dialer and Phone.apk
    -Themed Calculator
    -Themed MMS and Gmail
    -Themed Settings
    -My Red Chrome Icon Pack (Installs to sd card on first flash)
    -A Bunch of Other Stuff I'm Probably Forgetting

Screenshots:

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png

5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png

9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png

13.png
    14.png
    17.png

Alternate Notification Background Add-Ons:
    These are only add-ons for Dark Fire X. Please flash the full theme first, then flash the add-on. Neither of these notification backgrounds are animated.

15.png
    16.png

If you like my work, please press the "Thanks" button and/or consider donating to me.

UnNamed 2.2.1 Downloads:
    Dark Fire Blue X v1.5 Theme
    Dark Fire Blue X All Blue Popups
    Empty Notification Background Add-On
    Semi-Transparent DFB Logo Notification Background Add-On
    These are my original Dark Fire themes ported for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII, featuring some new additions and enhancements. This theme was built upon UnNamed Rom 2.2.1. If you are running something else, flash at your own risk.

I am not responsible for any damage, including but not limited to: bricking your phone, the sinking of the Titanic, the zombie apocalypse, or the genocide of cute kittens, that may result from flashing this theme or any other content on this thread. Always back up all of your critical data before flashing anything!

Having troube changing your wallpaper after flashing one of my themes?
    Use root explorer, total commander, or any file manager that allows you to browse and edit system files:

Go to: /data/data/com.android.settings/files

In that "files" folder will be a file named "wallpaper". Delete that file, and you will be able to change your default homescreen wallpaper. No reboot is required.

If you like my work, please press the "Thanks" button and/or consider donating to me.​

Installation:
    1. Backup!
    2. Download the theme and place it on your internal sd card.
    3. Reboot into Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    4. Flash and Reboot
    5. First boot will take a while as dalvik cache refreshes. Be patient.
    6. ?????
    7. Profit :D

Credits:
    -Dfuse06
    -Zelendel
    -Nunhugger
    -sv0911

General Changelog

2/14/2012
    -Dark Fire Blue X Updated to v1.5
    -Dark Fire X Updated to v1.5

1/23/2012
    -Fixed text strings in Notification Pulldown for Dark Fire Blue X add-ons

1/21/2012
    -Dark Fire Blue X Updated to v1.4.2

1/20/2012
    -Dark Fire Blue X Upated to v1.4.1

1/18/2012
    -Dark Fire Blue X Initial Public Release

1/6/2012
    -Dark Fire X updated to v1.3

12/31/2011
    -Dark Fire X updated to v1.2

12/26/2011
    -Dark Fire X updated to v1.1

12/24/2011
    -Dark Fire X Initial Release
    -Added alternate notification background add-ons for Dark Fire X
    -Fixed Black on Black in Google Search Widget
    Steel Hammr

Coming Soon...

Preview%20Banner.jpg
    Dark Fire Chrome Icons (Credit to sv0911 for the original template)

THESE FILES ARE NOT CLOCKWORK MOD FLASHABLE!!!!!

To install these icons, you need to use a launcher that supports custom icons (launcher pro, adw, ect.) or use an app that allows for the use of custom icons (desktop visualizer, folder organized, ect.)

Dark Fire Blue Chrome Icons
    Icon_Preview.jpg

Download DFB Chrome Icons

Dark Fire Chrome Icons
    Red_Icon_Preview.jpg

Download DF Chrome Icons

Gilded Hammr Chrome Icons
    Gold_Icon_Preview.jpg

Download Gilded Hammr Chrome Icons

Green Chrome Icons
    Green_Icon_Preview.jpg

Download Green Chrome Icons